1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about Raceroom Racing Experience R3E

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SpriGgy, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Apologies if this has been asked before, but where is the best place to get ffb settings for the T500RS? Just thought I'd reinstall R3E (been a long time) and have a quick spin before the AC update is released on Thursday.

2. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

While this is certainly true of R3E (having feedback from Bruno Spengler and Daniel Juncadella for DTM, Kelvin Van der Linde for the Audi GT3, and numerous others for the Audi TT/TT RS... among even more cars), the same can be said of just about any sim. AC has real world drivers offering feedback, Pcars pays real life drivers to advertise, iR has real life drivers, GSCE/AMS has Rubens Barichello among others.... the list goes on.

All the real life feedback in the world means very little if you cant translate that information into the game. And with every game using different physics engines, and implementations of those engines, this can be an arduous task. Game devs need to not only be expert programmers, but highly skilled race car engineers too so they can interpret the feedback and understand how to make changes in the physics so things feel proper according to the received feedback.

The differences felt more so come down to the physics engine and how it is implemented rather than feedback from a driver saying, "This needs more grip" and the devs making everything stickier.

I would probably say the official forum for the game. Not sure I can link that, as it may be distasteful on the official AC forum... but just search Google for "Sector3 Forum." From the main forum page, click on the General discussion. From there, you will see some stickied threads. Find the controller profiles and FFB guide threads. There is an abundance of info and individual profiles for you to try.

I use a G27 though, so I cant offer much advice for the T500.

3. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I find it a bit silly that they make an open wheeler with modern chassis but puts an old engine in to it because it sounds better. Personally I don't find current f1 sounds so bad that it would "justify" this kind of change. Of course v10 sounds better but still.

Mogster likes this.
  4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

In the end, for many people it is about speed. And Sector3 claims the X-17 class is the fastest open wheeler in Raceroom. Which means it is faster than their American Formula (=Indycars). And that is something.

I will buy it, like I usually buy everything released by S3 or by Kunos, to support them. But I doubt I will drive this beast often. Its too fast for me, I simply am not good enough in driving such things, my reflexes lag behind. :D If open weelers, I prefer the slower ones or the oldies with less grip: Lotus 25 in AC or Junior in Raceroom. They also allow nice dogfighting without causing immediate armageddon in MP.

5. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I know I'm beginning to nag, but does anybody know if Raceroom delays manual upshifts on H-Shifters? The gear only engages half a second or something after my gearstick does, even on the modern KTM X-Bow. There seems to be no time difference between old an new cars. Downshifts happen immediatly.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I am not aware of anything catching my attention. Maybe i have no issues. Or i have, but just do not know. G27 user here.

Last year somebody complained about the sometimes significant lag in turbos, or generally in acceleration. But S3 said in the cars where it was noticed, it were as intended and was designed according to driver feedback. But that is probably not what you ask for.

I also assume that quite some people may drive with autoclutch on and do not know they are on autoclutch - if damage is disabled, gears will not be ruined by shifting then. I initially fell victim to this myself, back then, wondering why I always ate up my gears in just a few laps. :D Since then however I am on full manual clutch/shifting. Some cars snap into next gear faster than others when pushing in next gear.

To be certain on your side, I would ask directly in their support forum. Usually replies come in very quickly.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  7. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

I don't understand your last sentence but I have the very same impression as you. Regarding old cars I am able to understand that you have to rev match before engaging a gear. But as you wrote: There even is a delay in the more modern KTM X-Bow.
    Edit: It doesn't feel like a natural delay due to rev matching or other physicalities (is that a word?).
    @Gevatter : Geht die Drehzahl bei Dir während dieser Verzögerung ebenfalls in den Begrenzer und "zittert" auf der Anzeige (rot gelb im Wechsel)?

Some people mentioned it over @ Sector 3 but IIRC they (Sector 3) were unable to reproduce the issue.

8. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

@Alistair McKinley My last sentence was supposed to say "there is no delay on downshifting, the gears engage directly when my gearstick does" Delays are only on upshifts :)
    @Skybird No, I only have (forced) autoclutch in sequential cars, the rest in manual. I can stall those vehicles just fine and can damage gears, but it's delayed. I also don't see a difference between cars' shifting speed, for me the NSU TT, the RR Junior, the 190E DTM and the X-Bow behave the same. I'll have a look at the official forums :)

9. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Oh, I'm so dumb (again). Didn't read carefully enough.
    Nevertheless, I still have to agree with you. Downshifts are no problem (whether you heal'n'toe or you don't).
    During upshifts if you lift the gas and engage the higher gear rrpm go nuts and there clearly is a delay.
    I've been trying to compensate the delay by "delaying" the upshifting by myself by lifting the throttle a little bit longer --> but it's slower, of course.

@Gevatter: Would be great if you could post in the Sector 3 forum. I haven't been given an answer to that question in the KTM-thread yet.

10. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

true but in this case i do think the handling of the cars has improved for r3e since getting that input.

11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The Swedish rollercoaster, Knutstorp Ring, has been announced today.

They really have a Swedish run these days. :)

Some people would not be surprised if Alastaro and Solvalla are about to follow. Then STCC would be somewhat complete, or not?

12. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

looks like a great little circuit.

13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Falkenberg has just been released. As usual with Raceroom tracks, it looks awsome!

WTCC 2017 has been released. Seems to be just skins, but I am not certain, since I am not interested in this.

June game update pack has been released.

2.3 GB download all in all.

14. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

Yes, seems to be only skins. It costs only 1.99€ for owners of the cars (WTCC 2016 at least), or 1.07€ as a WTCC Experience repurchase. For 0.92€ extra, it's preferable to go for it and leave the single available repurchase of the whole pack when there's a greater discount due to a newer car lineup.

15. yeah just a pity there not alot of cars in the wtcc 2017 for offline racing

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Forget the WTCC. It is what it is, and I think WTCC is none of the shining things in raceroom.

The trackhowever is short, but easy to learn, and with the right cars nice to drive, since you have cars on every part of it after some laps, and battles everywhere. It looks nice, but is one of the easiest tracks in Raceroom, imo. I already drove the very first lap as if I already had logged 100 laps - and I did not know this track from another sim before.

17. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

@nicky stevenson For offline use, if you already have WTCC 2016 there's no need to buy 2017 because the cars on grid will be the same (even if they should account for some slight performance differences), other than the number of cars on each brand (only 16 grid now vs. 21 before).

@Skybird OTOH, I find it one of the most interesting and different things on R3E that has no representation on other sims (TC1 stuff), and has a decent amount of current or past tracks on its calendar. But then again, I like R3E for what I don't have on AC, or lacking the proper tracks. The last car I got on a sale (with steam card money lol) was the FR3 to properly enjoy Macau.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The new old WTCC set offers not just new skins, but most interior sounds and all exterior sounds are redone as well, I read.

But if I want to drive FWDs, I prefer the Audis every time.

A queston of taste, of course.

I like it that the Audis are in AC now as well - and I love them in AC as much as I like them in RR.

19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Formula X-17 :D has been released.

It means: Formula-1 with V10.

Soundocalypse:

Will buy and try tomorrow.

20. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I'm still no friend of that mix of eras. I find it weird that they would use what seems to be a 2017 chassis and put a V10 in that... Why not use a chassis from an actual V10 era car and maybe call it Formula RR Classic or something?

AlleyViper and Ace Pumpkin like this.