1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about Raceroom Racing Experience R3E

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SpriGgy, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

They could start with the basic as far as online, like not being disturbed every time an other player join the server.

TheReaper GT likes this.
  2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

@kofotsjanne not yet .. except GT3 Cup .. I guess it is safe to assume they will introduce 919 LMP1 and 911 GT3 R to replace RUF GT3

Based on classes they have in game road cars seems to be less probable but who knows.

What would make sense (pure speculations)
    • LMP2: RS Spyder
    • Gr.5. 935
    • GT4: Cayman GT4 Clubsport or MR ... we know GT4 XBow is comming so...
    • 911 RSR GTE ... perhaps they could transform GT2 to GTE class for those multiclass races
    • Hillclimb: lots of rally Prosches out there .. could be some hillclimb tuned version ..
    • GTO: Carrera RSR IMSA GTO `79
    All I can think of that makes sense given current class structure they have .. and it makes 9 nice pieces :) I think Gr.5, GT4 and maybe GTO are realistic

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    kofotsjanne likes this.
  3. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

The 911 RSR GTE would be completely alone as a modern car on the R3E GTR2 class that looks completely dated. Even if on AC most didn't want the 488 GTE as the extra car on the Ferrari pack, at least it'd contribute to a C7R, RSR, 488GTE line up, only missing the Ford and the Aston.
    My greatest wish for Porsche + R3E would be a 935/77 for Group 5 (the regular short tail version), but I hope a 911 GT3 R along with the other (long) announced GT3 cars will finally update the ADAC GT Masters pack. Other than that, the announced Cup will be really fitting for R3E.

4. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep, I guess afer last year big overhaul we have to settle with VR, flag system for AI, leaderboards divisions, manula pitstop menu, stress factor for AI, data displays and probably some thing I don`t remember .. looking at those frequent patches it seems to be them tweaking all those things that were aded this year ..
    But just like in other studios guys working on content dont really slow down features and fixes .. those fixes and patches probably do .. anyway R3E is one of the feature richier sims and I don`t really play it enough to complain .. I understand if somebody do ..

nate likes this.
  6. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

VR something I can use as a feature :)
    We all have our preferences. Some nitpick on sound... Others graphics, others physics... That's all.
    Btw by no means I was putting down Devs EF.
    Bug fixing is crucial. Obviously.

7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

3 cars are in an advanced state of development. The other six have not yet been decided on. The plan is to have three Porsches per year. So it goes a bit differently than with Kunos' quick three strikes with their mighty Porsche hammer. :D

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Porsche was said to have provided superb specs and information / access to real-world data for use in AC and it seems Kunos made excellent use of that but, I wonder if other studios (SMS / S3) will be as effective in terms of the handling results. Anytime we have the same cars, tracks to compare between titles, it tends to reveal something about the inner working of the Sim and in the case of Porsche, there seems to be more data to work with than usual.

9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

In the announcement at RD, Sector3 hails Porsche for their collabration, too, saying they got exceptionally free access to data and experience feedback.

AlleyViper likes this.
  10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Surely the 935 will be in, since they already have the fake 935 "Fabcar".
    (Which personally I really didn't like in comparison to AC's version, hopefully they'll improve it so it matches.)

11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

how is 935 Fabcar fake ? :)

yusupov and nate like this.
  12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

^ Forgive him, I myself also once fell for the idea that the Fabcar was just a fantasy name for "Porsche unlicensed". Many people do not know that Fabcar is/was a real thing.

Berniyh,
    https://www.supercars.net/blog/1984-fabcar-93584/
    Fabcar produces unique single cars or small series of race cars on basis of existing mass production cars, like RUF also did with Porsche, or Karmann with VW. The company sits in either Daytona or Indianapolis, USA, I forgot the location, its one of these two. They are around since mid or late 70s.
    ;)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Oh yeah, didn't know that that was a real thing. The name already sounded so fake. :D

And if it's a '84 custom-built car, then that might explain why it felt so crappy in comparison to the "proper" 935. :p

14. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well it was faster than your regular 935 and later their JLP4 935 was winning everything ... it is not just some dude in garage building race cars from scraps :) .. they designed parts for porsche race cars .. made better porsches basicaly :)
    if you wanna do some reading http://www.fabcar-usa.com/history/

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If it's 6 years younger I'd expect it to be faster. :p

1984 Porsche already moved on and was having the 956 and 962, which were by far faster cars. ;)

16. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep ... and who worked on those nasty 962s for Porsche racing teams ? :p

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Norbert Singer? :p

(The Adrian Newey of Le Mans racing, for those that don't know him. ;))

18. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

I've always found the Fabcar choice a bit weird for a "non-Porsche", compared to let's say, a Kremer K3 that was more contemporary to other cars in the same category. But it was probably stepping over a 935/77 required license.

19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

To me a Porsche simply has to look like a Porsche, only then it is a Porsche. And there is no Porsche looking more like a Porsche, as the Porsche 911 RSR 3.0. Anything before and after that, were no real Porsches, but just "attempts". :D LOL

20. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

Do you have a source for that statement? Would be weird as it seems to be a road car.