1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about that AI

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by piano.player, Jan 23, 2017.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep ... they need 4-5 corners to weak up ... what about rolling start, does it make better?

2. Naz

Naz Racer

Agree that the AI is greatly improved, however also agree that the AI race starts can be a bit off as they tend to veer of their starting line immediately at race start which can cause a few of them to crash into each other.

I was also doing a custom championship race at Brands Hatch yesterday (Audi TT Cup) and most of the AI cars repeatedly crashed into the barriers as they tried to enter pit straight .. more often than not they would then get stuck on the barrier, continuing to floor the accelerator trying to force their way through the fence ... a pile up of cars followed as they tried to enter the pit lane behind the original crashed car. This happened in both the practice session and the Qualifying session. I haven't seen it in other tracks as yet, bit I'm only three races into the season.

Probably worth looking into if the devs can reproduce it (no mods used at my end).

Cheers

3. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

When racing against the AI there is always one driver 1 or 2 seconds faster than the rest of the field, although I have set the strength to a constant value (no variation). Can anyone confirm this?

4. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

Is it just me or did the challenges get much harder since the ai update? I was beating the ones I did on alien or hard in most cases . Since the update ones I was finishing second or third in on alien now I'm 5th or 6th. If the cars in front get a jump which they will because the ai race now you have no chance to make that time up especially in shorter challenges. So just to try something I tried it on easy in multiple challenges then on hard and it seems there is a 10-12 second jump in times between easy and hard now. On easy I'm roughly 12 seconds faster then them and on hard I'm running the same times. That's seems like a huge jump in times.

5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

It's not just you. AI became faster/better driver, with better laptimes

morpwr69 likes this.
  6. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

Do you know if the ai still use tcs and abs regardless of how you have your own car set?

7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Not sure. I think they use factory assists (?) What I do know is they use DRS and KERS now. Don't know when DRS was added but I noticed AI uses the manual DRS in P1 GTR. KERS was added in 1.14. Still don't use turbo level adjustment sadly

8. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

It would be interesting to know if they do. I'm pretty sure they use the same physics and not a dumbed down version for the ai but I could be wrong.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

From what I recall AI don't use TC or ABS at all, just artificial stability control.

10. The AI literally are the TCS and Stability Control systems, of course they use them when needed.

MsportDAN likes this.
  11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The AI doesn't use ABS/TCS of the cars. Better? ...

12. I think you guys need to find whichever live stream it was where Stefano explained it. The AI aren't driving whatever car you choose for them, they ARE the car. And they absolutely do use ABS/TCS/Stability control when needed. (no matter if you have assists enabled or not.)

MsportDAN and Stepy like this.
  13. Davemester

Davemester Racer

Funny, I remember once reading in resdit that for AC its not true. They wrote that here the AI drives the car, not is the car. I was living under this impression. But you might be right, idc idk :D

14. I thought the same until Stefano explained it during one of the live streams.

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

morpwr69 likes this.
  16. Good find.

morpwr69 likes this.
  17. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

Thanks guys. We were discussing this on another forum and I was pretty sure the ai use the same tire and physics model we get but wasn't sure about the abs,tcs and nobody knew about the stability control.

18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Not perhaps necessary to mention (obvious) but AI does braking mistakes and lock up their tyres sometimes with cars without ABS. So yeah, they use factory assists. Anyone with working set of eyes probably noticed, but yea.

All that is lacking now is AIs ability to adjust turbo level. But in some cars setting it to max starts to damage engine, dunno how to make AI able to judge, what is good level for a situation. Maybe if they use 100% in quali and highest possible non-damaging % in race. Now it's easy to beat AI with cars like Turbopanzer, because they don't use full boost, you can fly past AI by enabling 100% for a moment. You can keep races challenging by just staying on default % yourself but would be neat if they used it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    morpwr69 likes this.
  19. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

Yeah I knew they made mistakes. It was more of a case some where saying AC used a dumbed down version of the physics for the ai like some games do which I didn't think was the case with AC. Just wanted to make sure before giving out wrong information.