1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about that AI

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by piano.player, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

And now you trying to be a victim and cry like a little girl.

-Guys talking about AI bumping.

-You post that there is an aggression too high and ask to make video with 0 aggression.

-I post video where between some AI racing accidents some butt bumps occur with 0 aggression.

- Without watching it you post that there is nothing to do to aggression and there is all deal with strength slider.

-And then post BS that AI on fast cars cant do a lap on Nordschleife on 100% strength. Proving by yourself that you never setup solo AI on Nordschleife. Did you ever drive there at all? :D

-And after that BS post that "some" AI at "some" point can have "some" difficulties. What AI settings? What cars? What difficulties? Yep. Just "certain". And you reported something? Don`t make me laugh.

Is there some catch in this? You blinded fanboism making a fool from yourself. Your blind statements just mislead developers into wrong way.

2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

@iannixxenakis posted that AI cars are lethal and bump into the player. iannixxenakis mentions that aggression is at default.

I reply this:
    Perfectly normal comment. How you read out of that that I say aggression is set too high when iannixxenakis says it's default and I say default is set to 0% is beyond me.

You post a video (that I watched, I don't know how you want to know that I didn't considering I mentioned the track and crash situations from the video later) with AI at 0% aggression.
    I reply this:
    Again, that's true with certain cars and I expand on that in a later comment. The same way you're telling me that I don't know how it is with all the cars the very same applies to you, you clearly don't know that certain cars have issues on the track.

And then you continue with your insulting comments, to which I replied accordingly. Maybe you want to read again, slowly?
    Should be cleared up for you by now, but apparently not...

Btw. what this has to do with "blinded fanboism" I have no idea. (Especially considering I'm the one saying/openly admitting the game AI has issues in certain situations? o_O Please explain how saying that is misleading the developers?)

Edit: Wrong quote slipped into my post, corrected it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  3. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

It would be cool if drivers can have their personalities based on AI hints. But seems to be it is lots of testing...
    Also a suggestion for @Lord Kunos - up-shift dependency on AI skill level. So from 95 to 100% it has 100% optimal up-shift RPM. On 95 to 90 - 95%. And below 90 - 90 or 85. So with dropping skill level AI can be more like cautious amateur driver. And mb some randomization of this RPM percentage.
    Seems to be we have all tools to create good AI for racing. If that bumping and fear of overtaking will be corrected I think flawless races with AI can be achieved.
    Mb in future we can set up realistic trackdays with experienced drivers on much slower cars chasing cautious supercar drivers.

4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Suggestion/wish for @Lord Kunos

I still remember the drifting AI Maserati from your video, and how you considered adding some random traction mistakes. But in high level pro racing, it doesn't really happen that often maybe.

So was thinking.. if traction mistakes could be added, but only/mainly would happen on lower AI levels. And then make them a bit faster overall (not holding back on straights anymore), but these mistakes would worsen their laptimes. Higher level AI wouldn't make these mistakes. This would bring some more "realistic bad driving" where low AI still goes flat out on straight like bad human driver would, but occasional traction mistakes (of random severity) would ruin it's lap times. So it would move the AI "handicap" away from limiting straight line speed, and more into human-like mess ups. Then, something like 95% AI would extremely rarely do this mistakes (but still sometimes, with very tiny chance per 1 long race) and 100% AI practically never

Maybe the collisions would be problem, and how to do this safely I don't know. One (fake) way of making sure it doesn't cause many collisions, is that severe traction mistake would not happen, if AI senses that other cars are in close proximity.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

But in reality mistakes like getting a bit sideways through/out of a corner or locking up would happen more often when fighting for position.

6. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

True. Well, if collision would happen then it would? :p Imo traction mistakes would be great way to make the lower AI slow, too early braking is human-like mistake.. but even worst human driver can go flat out on perfectly straight road.

And AI is already very good, I'm having a blast nowadays with AC offline races. So not any sort of complaint just daydreaming

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  7. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

@Lord Kunos

When recording AI lines would it be possible to have several versions of the fastlane, each named after the lap it was driven? So for lap 3 for exampel fast_lane3_candidate and so on.
    I sometimes drive a line and think "Well, that was ok.” but I tend to drive more laps after that in the hope a better one can be accomplished but don’t want to lose the old one.

First world problems. :D

Minolin and Fat-Alfie like this.
  8. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

That's a great idea, I really like that :)

On my own personal wishlist :)rolleyes:) would be the ability to create a fastlane from a replay. So if you're working on a track and happen to be doing some test laps and really nail the line but didn't have the AI app running, you could enable it, view the replay and record the fastlane from there :)

Stepy and fbiehne like this.
  9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Posting here, doesn't need a new thread.

I have no idea what happened there - could be the AI line but it was several laps in, so for several laps AI was driving fine with only a little swerving until this happened.