1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 TEAM CHAT ?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by DUNKY- DOPEUS, May 18, 2017.

1. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

now that the private lobbys have been released and a max of 16 players
    has kunos any plans to introduce team chat in these lobbys
    has playstation only allows 8 in its chat its already proving a pain trying to organise a full lobby
    this is a question not a whine :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Audio Steam chat stutter Apr 26, 2020
    ACC Gameplay please add,,-radio chat-team mate is pitting Feb 15, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Steam In-Game Voice chat Update Jul 27, 2018
    Chit Chat Room How well does Steam voice chat work ? May 17, 2014
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Can NOT type in steam chat while in game! Mar 4, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Steam chat not working in game Mar 3, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game cancelled,DLL 'CSteamworks' can't load, no way lanuch Feb 23, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports Anybody else having trouble with Steam's VR app? Jan 13, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How to show the team name in the driver list Dec 31, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa won't launch thru steam Dec 19, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Steam License? Nov 27, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer One-man team Aug 17, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Unable to claim steam gift Jul 11, 2023

3. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

I think every league system would especially love a communication system, preferably voice and text.

It would be great if this could be added to compliment the new lobby system.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

paul_wev likes this.
  4. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

any answer kunos ?

5. HelmetSquad

HelmetSquad Rookie

Discordapp.com is a Skype/TeamSpeak replacement. Should do what you want externally to PS4 (use on a tablet/smart phone)

6. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

You volunteering, HelmetSquad?! Discord server for PS4 would be great for organising races.

7. HelmetSquad

HelmetSquad Rookie

Anyone can create a server for free. I have one for me and my friends to discuss motorsports and organise races. The voice feature is crystal clear too..

8. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well I've been playing in racing leagues /team leagues on PS4 with Project C.A.R.S
    And we use the chat of the Ps4 for our strategy... And so do every team that is racing.

It was annoying in GT5 /GT6 the ingame chat box...because it's very distracting.
    Hear talking people trough the voice chat with dogs, the wheel noise or children in the background is very distracting also.

So for me...ingame chatbox. NO!
    And voice chatting, yes if they add the option to silence the players like Pcars.

But like i said... Cant care less about this feature really

9. Hey guys.

I'm surprised that there is just so little feedback on this topic.
    For me an ingame chat is essential to host 'professional' races, as the PS4-'Party'-Chat only allows 8 people.

Let me explain why I see it as essential.

I'm driving in various leagues since a few years. We're driving 2 hour races with realistic starting procedure (warm-up-lap, single-file, double-file etc. depending on car-class) and with a penalty system (reinstatement, drive-through etc.). Dependent on the car-class we also do two two races (1/2 hour first race, 1,5 hour second race.) from time to time with the second race starting in reverse grid of the results of the first race.

So we need the ingame-Chat for the following things:

- to indicate which Track-Limits apply for the upcoming race.
    - to announce the official starting order (the qualifying result isn't the starting order in most times, due to grid-penalties from the last race - so the people need to know on which position they have to start).
    - to moderate the starting-procedure (when to start, where to gather in double-file-formation)
    - for general planning (for example when a driver gets disconnected from the lobby in the warm-up, we restart the lobby so that he can still take part in the race - of course we have to announce this to the rest of the field - without this nobody knows what is going on).
    - announcing of people who are going to lap another driver.
    - in training sessions it is very nice to talk to the other drivers. In our community for example we have a 'driving-school' where we help the new drivers with general driving techniques an setup tips. Unfortunately this isn't possible without the possibility to talk to each other.

A ingame chat might not be important for PC-Assetto-Gamers as they can use Teamspeak or some other software.
    But for PS4-Players there is no Teamspeak or other software which allows a chat with 16 people.
    A ingame chat might also not be too important for casual gamers.
    But for players who participate in communitys and league races etc. not having an ingame Chat is an absolute game killer.

Up to now we create two PS4-Party-Chats á 8 People. Fastest 8 in Ps4-Party-Chat-1 and the slower 8 in Ps4-Party-Chat-2 and the race manager has to change between the two party-Chats all the time.
    As you can imagine this is an amazingly anoying procedure.

So i hope for a solution in the future. :)

Maxx69 and Pip_-72- like this.
  10. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Try external discrod app.
    It's for ios and Android, works great and so you have a bit better and more stable connection on the console cause you don't have to use the ingame chat or PS4 party chat.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...+play&pcampaignid=APPU_1_UVkjWZbcNcWuacnvlYgM

HelmetSquad and Maxx69 like this.