1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 TH8A issues

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by zephyr22, Aug 27, 2016.

1. zephyr22

zephyr22 Rookie

Having excitedly picked up AC yesterday I was kind of disappointed to find issues with the TH8A shifter.

First of all it needs plugging directly to the PS4 which means I now need a USB hub as I play at night with headphones so as not disturb the family.

Problem solved I thought. But no. Anyone else find that the sequential gate works but not the H gate? When I use the H gate it seems I can select 1st gear then every gear I try and select is also 1st and I get the engine damage icon.

I don't really want to be driving cars with H gates IRL and having to use sequential in the game.

Just to clarify, I'm using it with cars that have H gates IRL and I have H gate turned on in the settings. I've tried tinkering with various settings but with no luck.

Anyone have any ideas to solve this issue?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster TH8A Jul 5, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions TH8A upgrade mod for realistic shifter Dec 10, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions TH8A upgrade mod for realistic shifter Dec 10, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Th8a Apr 29, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals T500RS and TH8A Shifter: swapped configs in controls.json file? Dec 31, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Help !! How can I use again my TH8A shifter on AC???? (Now with a FANATEC CSL ELITE PS4 Wheel) Apr 10, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions T500rs w/th8a shifter how to Jan 13, 2018
    XBox One Discussions TH8A Shifter Help Dec 12, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues TH8A shifter completely stopped working in AC Oct 3, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Logitech G27 vs. Thrustmaster TH8A shifter Aug 28, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues TH8A Settings Good, but not shifting Jul 8, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues AC recognises T300 and TH8a but I need to do setup wizard every time Feb 4, 2017
    Bug reports XB1 TH8A Not Working Jan 29, 2017
    Console Lounge Th8a, shifter not working Jan 28, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions TH8A H Pattern compatible cars Dec 26, 2016

3. Jimster71

Jimster71 Rookie

Same here. I use headphones when playing so don't have a spare usb port for the th8a.

PCars, Dirt Rally and Driveclub all recognise the H-shifter when it's attached to the wheel so I hope this is something they can sort out.

4. gregack

gregack Racer

I don't really understand if I'm honest. Maybe you don't engage the clutch how it should be engaged?
    If you use sequential-mode in AC for cars that have manual transmission in real life, the shifts are slower in general. Kunos made this on purpose so h-pattern users are not disadvantaged against guys who use sequential for cars that have h-pattern in real life
    To summarize : h-pattern in ac for h-pattern cars is faster than sequential in ac for h-pattern cars

Tip: Learn to heel&toe! It's fun and fast.:)

5. matt_p1

matt_p1 Rookie

hi, I'm using a t300rs wheel with standard pedals and a th8rs shifter and it's not working? Tried it in different cars and nothing? Can anyone help? I have changed the settings to use h box! Also I have it set in sequential mode?!
    Thanks

6. gregack

gregack Racer

7. Jimster71

Jimster71 Rookie

The issue is that you have to plug the th8a shifter directly into the console if you want to use it. It doesn't work when it is connected via the wheel. The ps4 only has 2 usb ports, which makes connecting it to the console difficult if you want to use headphones.

8. zephyr22

zephyr22 Rookie

And just to clarify the other issue, because maybe I didn't explain myself clearly enough, when I fit the H gate to the TH8A shifter the game doesn't recognise it, it simply doesn't work.
    I can select first gear but that's it, every other gear I select seems to also be first.

The sequential gate works fine, but I don't want to be driving round in H gate cars being forced to use the sequential gate.

So my question is there something I'm missing?

I only have the standard two pedal set up that came with the T150 so I selected automatic clutch in the settings.

9. gregack

gregack Racer

Not that. The shifting problem!

10. zatemz

zatemz Rookie

So, still have the problem. (please don't tell me I have to plug it on USB).

I got T500rs + th8a, when I managed to have th8a working (plugged on the left usb) ffb on T500rs don't work anymore.
    Otherwise, when I managed to have ffb back, th8a is not working anymore.

Both work fine on dirt rally, so it's an Assetto Corsa issue. I don't like that guys saying it works fine for me now with no clear reason, randomly fix by a unknown entity.

will devs fix this issue?

11. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

This issue has been addressed in older posts.

Here's what you do.

Make sure the firmware for the shifter is up to date.
    The above is a must. even on console.

Before starting game application.

only plug in the wheel. nothing else.
    Including headsets and any other peripherals

When the game starts. only use buttons on wheel. from now on. don't use controller. in the start menu. ( la Ferrari
    Screen) plug in the shifter. don't pass this screen yet once plugged, move shifter tween first and second.

Then hit the start button.

Quickest way to check if it worked is to go into drift race as it loads really quickly.

It's important not to pass the start screen before plugging in the shifter. and that absolutely nothing else is on except your wheel and a controller.

Works for me every time

Once it recognizes the shifter, you can the disconnect and plug in a USB hub the plug the shifter to the hub with any other accessories that you use. headsets, buttons box ect.

paul_wev likes this.
  12. zatemz

zatemz Rookie

Thanks a lot, I didn't find the older post! I will try tonight.