1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The big Special-Event-Collection-Thread

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by SandwichToaster90, Sep 1, 2016.

1. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I'd like to know that as well. I got a bronze medal in that challenge. Lines, braking points, gears..everything in that video matches what I did when I tried (with a controller, by the way).
    Anyway, with all these gold medals you guys are really good!!

2. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

"German Fury" Extended Version

Extended version of the German Fury clip including additional replay cams (Chase and Cockpit) and the car setup I used. Please remember what works for me may not work for you!

I use a T300RS wheel with FFB set to 30% and everything else set to zero or switched off.

"R8 at Barcelona"

This one was easy in comparison to the BMW events, Gold time should be lower IMO! I was surprised that the car was so loose, I set rear camber to max and lowered fuel levels. With factory assists there seems to be something that can't be switched off, note the additional flashing text under the gear indicator!

3. Paul davey

Paul davey Rookie

With a controller this game is near on impossible to get right as the steering is so sensitive, I may have to buy a steering wheel as I can't hold the steering in just the right place with a controller, which is a shame. However once I get one I can look forward to trying to hit these times hard. My fastest time in the German fury 1.28.500. Set with a controller

4. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

A wheel is a worthwhile investment if you enjoy racing / driving games, I couldn't even consider using a pad anymore!

"Alfa 4C Versus Green Hell"

I was hoping for good things from this one, I really enjoy doing laps at the Nordschleife but the time was easily beaten, I didn't like the car much :( :eek: all it wants to do is go straight on into the hedge, the outside cams make it look ridiculous in hard cornering and the bonnet is jaggy!

Lap aborted, TCS was rapidly switched off, front camber set to max and tyre pressures raised a click. Put 12 litres in the tank and it was over in two laps :( It took two laps as I stuffed my first 4C into the Armco right at the end of the first lap, thus the driving miss daisy approach in the clip ;)

5. Paul davey

Paul davey Rookie

I love my racing games I've completed all the forza's waiting on horizon 3, just finished dirt rally, that was a hard one without a wheel. Time to save the penny and sweet talk the wife!!

Graveltrap likes this.
  6. Paul davey

Paul davey Rookie

Well I ordered a Logitech g920 force feedback wheel today, will start posting Xbox one times here soon

7. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Nice one mate! You won't regret it, It takes games like this to another level! Next up a stand or full rig ;)

"A Hell 4 You"

Car feels like it's springs are made of jelly! Just lowered fuel and locked the rear diff (experimenting).

A little more challenging than the Alfa but not much.

8. Nice driving :)
    I definitely need to learn the Nordschleife. Until now i was always to lazy to learn all the corners and braking points as the track is that long :oops:
    Probably the only popular track worldwide i don't know by heart so far.

9. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

10. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Really! Oh dear, you have got serious work to do! Takes me a couple of days to adjust from one game version to another and make half decent laps!

The Alfa is probably the better of the cars to learn with in the special events ;) Not looking forward to the P1 here it just doesn't feel right to me for some reason, not that I'd know what a P1 is supposed to feel like but if it felt like it does in the game I'd be asking for a refund ;)

Special events are fixed conditions that cannot be altered they won't fit your rules.

11. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

Wasn't sure when I posted the link here thanks for clearing that up. :confused:

12. Paul davey

Paul davey Rookie

Just a stand, no room for a rig, unless I win the lottery. What you said about the p1 is correct, it drives almost exactly like what they did in Forza 5 and 6 and I hated them.

13. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I've been using a GT Omega stand for a while, very robust and no center leg to get in the way of the pedals! A good bit of kit!

I think my problem With the P1 might be the Hypercar Trofeo tyre, I am not getting any heat into them, I've been doing a little experimenting with it at Imola before taking on the Nordschleife and the temps barely reach the operating window! That was with pressures dropped to 20 as well... Feeling was better but still vague, no sense of the grip available :(

14. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

"Forbidden Record"

Well you are probably aware me and the P1 don't get along, that will become apparent in the clip as I am having a bit of an accident as I cross the line! :eek: *ouch* Never Lift ;)

I need confidence to push especially at this track and with the P1 I have very little, I feel disconnected from it.

I made some setup changes to try and help myself with confidence. I lowered camber (-2.2 all four corners on the settings page) and a little more toe out at the front (-70) and a click more toe in at the rear (205), but the thing that seems to have the most impact was tyre pressure going to 24 Front and 25 rear had a huge impact on lap time! I also had TCS set at level 2.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  15. River Ruckus

River Ruckus Simracer

Sounds like your brake pedal isnĀ“t "calibrated". I had the same problem with the X-Bow where the brakes would lock up even at the tiniest touch of the pedal. To set up your pedals, once you start the game, in the start menu, press your pedals all the way down. Braking got a lot easier for me after that. No need for ABS. :D

16. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Even with the brakes calibrated, I am struggling with the non ABS cars a bit, more practice required and some work on setting up the conical brake mod on my pedals...

"A Whole New Toy!"

Hands up not my finest lap by a long shot, it's very messy in places :( New circuit to me ;) Excuse number 401 from the big book I think...Loads of time left on the table!

Zandvoort is a hell of a track for road car fun, very entertaining :)

I used the clutch with the sequential stick for this one, I will revisit with the h-pattern once I can plug it into the T300 wheelbase.

The RUF RT12 R, what a monster! Very careful with the throttle, a little too much and your going sideways very quickly! When you have traction it's all understeer :(

This event has got me a little excited about the prospect of Porsche arriving in Asseto Corsa :D

I got stuck in the mid 1:52 second bracket for a bit, and then changed tyre pressure up 1 click (27 front, 26 rear) and boom the car was fast!

With the road cars tyre pressure is really important, finding that sweet spot is the key to a fast car ;)

17. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

"This should be fun!"

Cool car, I get distracted by the dampers :)

This lap kinda caught me by surprise wasn't expecting it to be fast enough to beat the gold time (it didn't feel a second faster than my previous best), it did off only by the smallest of margins!

Conical brake mod on my pedals wasn't well adjusted for this, I had it set to stiff, I couldn't lock the brakes because of this, I want it to be set so I can just lock the brakes when I give them a good shove, lost a little braking performance because of that!

Been having a pop at the F40 hotlap every now and again, finally made the podium but a long way to go for gold! :eek:

18. Paul davey

Paul davey Rookie

I'm still going at German fury. Got it down to 1.25.2 this evening. I just can't seem to dive the corners like you do but I shall keep on practicing in the hope I get it right soon.

19. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

Set up please, and a tip to upshift right will be very helpfull (Throttle early release, or pre session setting?)
    Last night I gave it a try, maybe I was tired but I've been slow enough to decide to came here for help. Thanks

20. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I will have to see if I saved a setup that I can post, but I wouldn't hold out any hopes.

No tips for shifting up, just pulling paddles when I want a gear ;) Game settings wise I have auto clutch and auto blip turned off.

onepueblo likes this.