1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The big Special-Event-Collection-Thread

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by SandwichToaster90, Sep 1, 2016.

1. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

Easy life F40 event after patch 1.03

2. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The F40 time makes me sad, far to easy now :( I'd gotten down to a 1:57.2xx before the patch!

The car feels better to me post patch, no more horrid lift off oversteer ;)

3. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

Yes, I was ready to try hard with this one, than now it comes up to be an 'easy one' hahahah I don't know, I'm happy about that ;) I don't like to modify set up for street cars. 1.57 low !? you were close to the impossible thing so ;) I went through some unbelievably easy hot laps even at 1.02, where I found myself to be 10 seconds faster at green hell with the audi4, first shot .. and unbelievably easy alien races (I mean racing lol), where I would possibly lap somebody after 5 laps.. lol something is unbalanced, I would do this job for free, testing laptimes for Kunos friends :) Regarding the after patch physic or feedback, I noticed an upgrade, and now master force feedback is much much much lower, before was impossible to run 100%. Now with a bit of fantasy you can run it at full power with t300 !! No matter of wich car you are using.. with a little bit of fantasy of course, I like things in light mode (50% about)

4. Romski89

Romski89 Racer

Hello guys. Does anyone try Time Trial Challenge Alfa Romeo Mito on Vallenluga Ring? I am to far to even catch bronze medal.. I am making lap times 1:01:5xx ~ . If someone done this please place the vid. Good luck :)

5. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Ok it's been a while, so here is the MP12 4C Triple treat for your viewing pleasure...

"Heat and Run"

"Thunder"

"British Racing Green"

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  6. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

Hi, that's a time trial not an hotlap, do you really find it difficoult? I got a tutorial video but I didn't upload until I'm not sure that is hard enough to achieve. I don't even know if it is off topic here.. I'll post maybe later on

7. Romski89

Romski89 Racer

what lap times are you doing?

8. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

Hi Romski89, I don't think we bother anybody if tomorrow I'll put the tutorial for that time attack at Vallelunga, I scored about 16K and you will easily follow my video to get gold. I usually run time attacks with max fuel, street tires, ABS and TC off, tyres and fuel consumption on, until I take it as an exercise and fast times are not required. I'm sure your time is fast enough to get gold, you maybe only miss the right progression of lap times. If you want to compare your time in a ps4 leaderboard submit your record here: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/world-record-lap-times-for-ps4.35911/

9. Romski89

Romski89 Racer

Thank you very much "onepubeblo" i didnt understand idea of time attack, now i get it :) i will place here some of vids with gold lap times soon :)

onepueblo likes this.
  10. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

Damon Hill Z4 at Imola, very easy set up

11. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

C. Morton likes this.

12. Hi guys !
    A little contribution to this thead, here is my Gold medal lap on the M3 e30 Gr.A At Silverstone, was hard to beat!!!
    As i remember i lowered the car to the Max on the front wheels and put 1 for the rear wheels, and add more camber to the four wheels to get more grip in turns. Hope this will help ! :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  13. C. Morton

C. Morton Rookie

I had gone through and did most of the special events before the 1.09 patch. I did not have the Japanese pack or Porsche pack at the time. I was eventually able to gold all the hotlaps, not quite all the races though.

I then got the remaining DLC I didnt have yet. It seems like many of the newer hotlap events related to DLC cars are not possible to gold, maybe not even silver, at least on the PS4 version. Have any of you tried the one with the M4 at nurburgring? Or the 917 on the silverstone 67? Or the toyota trueno or Porsche Panamera on the nordshlief? Cant even even get silver on any of them.

The listed gold times implies a developer thinks these times are achievable, I'd be surprised if any of them can even get bronze on the events I listed. Very frustrating, how do they come up with these times?

UCANT-SCOPE-ME likes this.
  14. Yes Ahaha i would like to see the developers times

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

15. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

"Unexpected Truths" Porsche Panamera Turbo, Nordschleife, Gold run 7:53.493

Experience shows I am normally 10 seconds or so off the ultimate pace around the Nordschleife...

16. C. Morton

C. Morton Rookie

Yeah I was remembering wrong, The Panamera on Nordshlief is not too bad, although I only beat the gold by like 2.5 seconds. Not much margin for 8 minutes of driving!

How do you guys know what tire pressures give the highest grip, they seem way more important than tire temps, which is opposite from reality, at least for high performance street tires or race tires.

17. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

I think they are doable just takes some practice. Here is a gold on the "Master of Turbo" event. Setup is in the description.

I'll be doing more of these. The Time Attack Supra "Furious" event is uploading, and I'm working on the 911 at Imola at the moment.

Grijo likes this.
  18. C. Morton

C. Morton Rookie

Your on the XBOX version and a different patch than what we are on, I don't think you can compare to the PS4 version. For example, I don't see you needing to counter steer at all in 2nd gear. Our car will randomly take off in different directions in 2nd while driving straight, even using similar settings to what you have. Our car also tends to do this odd bouncing and pulling in random directions under low speed braking. I finally got gold on on this one but it took some luck of getting a lap with a minimum of the random pulling etc.

I also got gold on the Under 9 event after messing with the tire pressures a lot. I picked up about 12 seconds going from pressures that kept the tires at a good temp, to much higher ones that cause them to be very cold. Silly that it made that kind of difference, but I have seen that on other cars in the game too. Pressures seem to trump temperature very much on street tires.

19. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

Here is another video :p

It's from the event "Thrilling adventure". This was a very very difficult event, i had to train it a lot on hot lap mode for several days until i was in the times needed to win, but in the end all went fine :). At the end of the video i put the fastest lap i did while training.

I have the feeling that you also need a little bit of luck because i've seen the AI make 33.5 in this event but in the one i won the fastest AI car did "only" a 34.1

UCANT-SCOPE-ME and HavanaB0B like this.
  20. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

You don't see me doing that for a very good reason, and it isn't because of differences between Xbox and PS4 versions. I spent enough time sliding, drifting, and locking up before I found how hard I could push the car and avoid those situations. Anyways I shared it in an attempt to be helpful, if xbox videos aren't welcomed thats fine.

Happy Holidays