1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

F1 at the Nords would awesome, instantly the most interesting race of the season.

Is it the lack of runoff and the high speeds that are the issue?

I'd say do it anyway, it'll be fine.

2. I'm not that sure he has a simrig. I'm surprised if it's not just some random rig on a PR event. Remember they had a car launch yesterday.

3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I think Jean Alesi invited him over

4. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I dunno, that's a pretty fancy chair for a PR event...

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I think cast iron radiators aren't used in public spaces.

PS if I was Kimi I would have it just so I could destroy everyone in Lotus 25, every day in SimRacingSystem :D

6. Sure. The point is that it's unlikely Kimi's rig. ;)

7. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Why? Lots of drivers have sim rigs now and post pics/vids of them on social media. He looks very comfortable and relaxed like he would be at home, even wearing jeans and a tshirt. Plus, I can totally see Kimi having a fancy chair like that in his house! :) I seriously need one of those chairs!

Tomcul likes this.
  8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It is probably not even Kimi, but his double lol That photo can't be real, if peaople say that he doesn't like sims

9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The track would never pass the safety standards for modern F1 tracks.
    Lack of runoff, high curbs, probably some parts not suitable for F1 cars (Karussel, Flugplatz?), maybe some overall too bumpy sections. IIRC the Heidfeld lap with the BMW on Nords they pretty much had to set the car up as high as possible and even then they didn't know if it clears everything and aero suffers on high ride height.

Also quite a lot of work to be done to broadcast, qualifying would be tricky and also allowed ERS energy per lap probably would need adjustments due to the track being 3 to 3.5 times longer than the currently longest track (I think that's Spa) depending on the used track layout, probably GP + Nords to have the pits and race start at the new part.

10. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I'm not making a compkacom about having to use keyboard and mouse to play AC, but the reason I have that keyboard is to allow to use keyboard and mouse to play AC.

It's lightweight, so I have proper keyboard and mouse on my desk and this Logitech keyboard conveniently near my rig's seat.

11. Let's just say that I cannot see cast iron radiators being used in these kind of houses. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. Akbalder

Akbalder Racer

I hope that we won't need anymore a keyboard and a mouse in ACC (everything doable whith the wheel).

Stains and miky like this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I cant remember when I actually was this excited for a game (i barely play anything new anymore, cuz nothing interesting) I was waiting alot for pcars2 but that was most to see how much they'd improve it (and i like it), but when acc got announced i actually got the feeling "****, im getting a panic attack, cant it be summer soon". This going to be good, I can feel it!

Ps. Good stuff to add @Minolin to their staff. I rememer he having some issues about both pcars2 ranking system and iracing. The proof is on you now - to make it good - and i believe you will! :)

Freddie Seng, Ace Pumpkin and Schnipp like this.
  14. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Pah, mere details.

I expect to see it in next year's F1 calendar.

Alistair McKinley and Schnipp like this.
  15. Typer

Typer Simracer

They do all sound rather tasty don’t they.

Relatedly, I do hope the old 458 makes it into ACC, the new forced induction motors just don’t quite match up in the sound department IMHO.

Really looking forward to the audio updates they’re making, great sound along with VR is a wonderfully immersive thing.

AurusCE and Dean Ogurek like this.
  16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

We'll have to wait for the full entry lists.

17. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Kimi said he didn't like sims quite a while back.

He's been getting his *** kicked for about half a decade now and might have changed his mind in an effort to get better.

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Not sure what he said about sims, but driving Nords is probably more for fun for him.

I do remember though that a couple of years ago there have been reports that the motion simulators the teams use made him nauseous and he therefore drove much less in the simulators which caused him to have to work more on the base setup during actual race weekends.

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Kimmi is a legend and he wasnt swearing just saying a factual reason why he missed the speach. :D

Love his pic running the f1 at Nords amazing combo in any of the f1 cars in AC.

Also funny this regarding him wanting to do sim time.

20. RufGTI

RufGTI Simracer

I guess the inclusion of the 458 (and other older cars like the Z4 or SLS AMG) heavily depends on whether the Blancpain GT Sports Cup is also part of the deal. But actually I would prefer other SRO series like the GT4 European Series - if there are any other series than the Blancpain GT planned.