1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Immersion or image quality, pick one.
    This is today's reality.
    What HMD is worth picking up today?
    Significantly overpriced and underdeveloped Vive Pro, that still uses awful first gen fresnel lenses, Odyssey that has the same resolution at half the price but sports terrible tracking, ergonomics, and controllers.
    Oculus didn't announce anything at E3. AAA game studios seem like abandoning VR train by stopping developing games for it. Quite worrying trend.
    https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/266791-high-end-vr-market-dead

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    rauf00 likes this.
  2. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Oh god, please stop talking about VR or the forum police will smite us.... :rolleyes:

GRFOCO and Schnipp like this.
  3. Turk

Turk Alien

The problem for next gen vr headsets is the hardware isn't there to support it. Or its horribly expensive, most people with vr at the moment probably spent a lot of money on their current setup and wont be in a rush to spend more upgrading again.

The oculus is probably the cheapest way to get into sim racing because you can avoid the cost of controllers and tracking is top class.

Once you get used to it the immersion is so good you can forgive the poor resolution.

mms likes this.
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Odyssey is the same price with better resolution, is it really that bad in other areas to choose CV1 over it?

5. Turk

Turk Alien

I havent been following it but I thought it had tracking issues. They could have been patched by now. I would assume the rift would get higher frame on the lower res rift too.

6. mms

mms Alien

VR is much more than resolution, strange thing that your brain can adjust to low resolution, much less to other issues in the overall experience... That being said for some people the resolution of current headsets are still a blocking issue. I'm pretty sure Oculus works behind the scenes though, hopefully they'll come up with an improved version soon enough.

NetracingEurope.org likes this.
  7. I do not miss the sharpness of a monitor at all with my CV1. The advantage of VR beats the lower sharpness ten times.

8. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Immersion all the way.

9. I assume that some of you guys watched the Le Mans race over the weekend? What did you think of that Porsche driver weaving from one side of the track to the other in front of the Ford GT driver?

10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I feel asleep, most boring race ever. Was there even a crash or overtake? ;)

11. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Illegal blocking, as far as I could tell. And he was penalised for it. Had to let the Ford pass. But then passed him again just after, lol.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  12. pons

pons Simracer

I remember "No Further Action" for the weaving, I assume it wasn't to block him, but to cut the drag.
    Later he pushed him into the dirt, which should have him penalised, but he wasn't.

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I don't think it was illegal because he didn't block him into the braking zone, so he didn't get a penalty. But everyone on the net interprets rules their own way and the race director is always wrong, so... *shrug*

14. I don't know if the rules for GT racing are different than they are for Formula One, but more than one move is illegal in the latter whether it is to block an overtaking attempt, or to avoid the car behind using the slipstream effect. If this holds true in GT racing (and I suspect that it does), then it is difficult to understand why the Porsche driver was not penalised at Le Mans....

Ace Pumpkin and mms like this.
  15. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Because everyone slept through this event

Typer likes this.
  16. I slept and i was a few hundred metres from the cars :D Still a bloody awesome week, Le Mans is incredible even if some of the racing this year was a little contrived. Planning for next years endurace race starts tomorrow!

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

he handle the car so nice. Its a fantastic clip!

18. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Wrong thread

After_Midnight and nate like this.
  19. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, also this type of driving shows quite well why tuners and bike riders are hated by many ppl. despite it's only a fraction that act this way.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont know if its a german thing but i havent met much ppl that have anything against bikers or ppl that tune their cars.