1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

It's tomorrow:D

2. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Come on let's give @Lord Kunos a break. It's 08:30 there i bet he's still coding for today's release :p

3. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

he can have his breakfast alright, but I need the changelog to make it through the day:p

xela1 likes this.
  4. xela1

xela1 Racer

no changelog we're on strike to do company affairs. EU will go down till that

5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

The Kunos's release days...

The await before the changelog...
    Come back home, run Steam for the download, reading the first comments on the forum...

What a glorious days! :D:D:D

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Ischemica, myimac, Kopiller and 4 others like this.
  6. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

Agree totally but its all part of the mentality of needing something new and shiny every 5 minutes. AC still has much more to offer and plenty of life left in it. I mean, by the end of the year we might have 10 laser scanned real life tracks and 30 new cars, night racing with working headlights and a whole host a new and exciting features. With every update we are getting or DLC, this is pretty much what we are getting anyway. I don't see people asking for an Iracing 2 and I see no need for an AC 2 either.

aphidgod, sissydriver, Psit and 2 others like this.
  7. Berry

Berry Alien

removed I never "prophecised" anything, I just thought that it had a long enough lifespan for Kunos to focus on something else (and I would've been glad with how much content support AC has had over the years), most developers do that.I'm enjoying the content, I always have, this community is so god damn protective or criticising.
    removed by mod

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2017
  8. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Very good point you make: I don't see anyone asking for iRacing 2...it's one game constantly developing.

To me, the "2 this, 3 that," etc. games always feel like reboots--and this implies a failure or mistake or something else negative. Assetto, though it has drawbacks, has no real issues at its core. Hence, the game to me is one product, constantly developing. This is not unlike a car throughout its racing life. It doesn't become another car, merely improves as best it can. And unlike a car, a game can improve by leaps and bounds without BoP or other such restrictions.

Linus27 and chksix like this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

We should consider ourselves lucky that - as full grown men - we still allow ourselves to get as excited about our favourite toy as a kid on Christmas eve.

Surely we can also act up like these kids too if it's the wrong present but still...let's appreciate the Peter Pan attitude :p

10. AC2 is desired because it is the only way that a 24 hour day/night cycle will be possible. Although the odds are extremely long, rain and RealRoad™ could actually be implemented into AC v1.x. Night could not.

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

No need for changelog, power restriction is all the changelog I need :) :D I wonder what the changes to the ballast system will be. Hopefully automated success ballast. Cant wait to find out!

LeDude83 likes this.
  12. Hmm, interesting... this pic of the upcoming DLC has now player tags, and looks a lot the the console UI - I wonder if this has been updated or it is just a pic of the console version.

[​IMG]

13. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

nah your guys are lucky, I won't be home from work till 7pm. But Steam is running to at least get the patch in time.

14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Don't bring the hopes :)

It would be too much work overall, probably 100percent of the content should be revised for that, not only coding, and perhaps insane amount of coding too. Night obviously isn't going to come because of multiple light sources being unavailable, but wet track has its demands for engine too - such as cars being reflected on tarmac, lights being reflected, reflections being rendered in distance, spray eating performance and so on...

@garyjpaterson wow, thats really nice feature, I'd love this flags feature.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. :)

mms, M96, Diablo_rf and 7 others like this.
  16. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

haha oh but it gets better, exam this Saturday so im pretty much gonna have to wallow in self pity while all the cool kids are having fun with the new dlc.

17. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

What does that "1" before the driver's name means?

18. oi guys, super stressing today so I'll quickly leave this here and go back to work.
    You know the drill.. things can still change.. yada yada, all that stuff that I always say:

- New autosaved replay options and UI added to launcher main theme
    - Handicap (ballast & restrictor) options in custom championship mode
    - New Audi TT Cup
    - New Audi TT RS (VLN)
    - New Audi R8 GT3 2016
    - New Audi R18 LMP1 2014
    - New Lotus 3-Eleven (race)
    - New McLaren 570S
    - New McLaren P1 GTR
    - New Maserati MC12 GT1
    - New Toyota Celica ST185 Group A
    - Mandatory pitstop window is now related to pit entry timing (replacing old system)
    - Pitstop animation enabled with oculus or STAY_IN_CAR enabled (system/cfg/pitstop.ini)
    - Added Position set digital script
    - Added ballast and restrictor option offline for championships and multiplayer. Work in Progress for offline quick race and race weekend UI
    - Added wind algorithm
    - If controller is keyboard then Pitstop app is replaced by mouse pitstop
    - Mouse pitstop with Mouse Steering enabled is now working correctly
    - Tweaked backfire flash flames in many cars
    - Realtime app: qualify/practice colors are based on leaderboard position, race color on current position
    - Added DIGITAL_PANEL script to display current position and P2P on car's external panels (Audi TT Cup)
    - Added FUEL_PERC script to show fuel quantity as percentage (McLaren 570S)
    - Fixed broken UI interaction due to session switching when pitstop was not finished
    - Fixed rare automatic pitstop activation at car spawning in the pit
    - Fixed deadzone for gamepads
    - Fixed Tyre App thermal value for exploded tyres
    - Minimum for automatic reset tyre on track is now 2
    - Fixed flag rendering in VR with PP off (again, hopefully for real this time)
    - Fixed Achievements from unlocking when car is blackflagged
    - Pitstop app: new tyre pressure can only differ from the current one by 4psi (because of minimal height rule)
    - Added Push To Pass system (Audi TT Cup), P2P amount depends on grid position, enabled in Practice and Race sessions only
    - Added physics option for different fuel weight/density
    - Adjusted Lotus 98T tyre wear
    - Fixed old pitstop UI from allowing more fuel when setup is fixed
    - Added Black Flag description
    - Added Online time of day multiplier (x1 to x10)
    - Added track animated starting lights
    - Added blink feature to RPM SERIES script (updated all relevant cars)
    - Added acServerManager 1.14.0
    - Added Time multiplier
    - Added Wind
    - Added Restrictor (BoP)
    - Fixed BoP server message to client
    - Fixed bug on client fixed setup 2nd reloading
    - Added resolution string on splash screen
    - Added "safe mode" initialization when first DX11 init fails, it will try again with desktop resolution and AA/Fullscreen off
    - Added AI Aggression selection
    - More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
    - Added AI wing setup variations
    - Added new Random camera mode algorithm
    - Fixed driver model visibility bug in Random camera mode
    - Removed AI slowdown hack for cars with spool differentials
    - Improved Downshift Protection algorithm
    - Fixed AI giving away green light by flooring gas 500ms in advance
    - New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
    - Fixed Car Engineering app sometimes reporting wrong total and sprung weights
    - Added Fuel x Time on Setup Fuel tab and pitapp (optional section in car.ini [FUEL_EXT] KG_PER_LITER=value)
    - Added best splits at the end of the race on leaderboard timetable
    - Tweaked leaderboard to show player name/position even if that player has disconnected
    - Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement
    - Added "virtual desktops" functionality to in-game GUI (cyclable through ctrl+u key combination)
    - Fixed session synchronization issue when session switches while a new player is joining
    - AI is now using kers
    - Fixed Nissan Skyline R34 having downshift protection when it should not
    - Added "variation" slider for AI. It will randomize the AI level in the range selected.
    - Fixed Nissan GT3 texture map on lod B
    - Added player's nation flag support (not valid flag will be rendered as AC logo)
    - Added new Driver Label GUI (customizable in \system\cfg\name_displayer.ini)
    - Added nation flags on leaderboard GUI
    - Tweaked opponents list to include nationality
    - Update special events to include nationality
    - Added Mandatory Pit warning message at the start of the race
    - Added minisectors to overlay leaderboard and performance delta app, this can be disabled through [Documents]/Assetto Corsa/cfg/gameplay.ini
    - Some template updates to existing content
    - Porsche 911 RSR 2017 template added
    - Templates added for Lotus 3-Eleven, Audi TT Cup, Audi TT VLN, McLaren 570S, Mclaren P1 GTR, Toyota Celica ST185, Maserati MC12 GT1
    - Minor graphical updates on the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup and Lotus Exige V6 Cup
    - Digital display script tweaks across the board
    - Fixed a bug on Nissan GTR GT3 LOD B
    - Minor livery fix on Glickenhoue SGC003
    - Python new functions:
    getWindSpeed
    getWindDirection
    getDriverNationCode(CAR_ID)
    getCarSkin(CAR_ID)

19. plaid

plaid Alien

I didn't expected multiclass for this update, but does that mean that the improvements for AI's ability to overtake slower cars are also not included in this update?

Just thought so cause I read about it a few times.

20. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Damn that's a great update.