1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The steering, grip front tires, terible?

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Zenon, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, for sure but I see his point. It doesnt make sense of course numbers-wise, but what if the engine doesnt translate the data properly ? Or some other reason causing ill-handling. At the end of the day, it's pretty hard to quantify how a tyre works at and over the limit (or at all really).

Bolibompa, NFS76 and paul_wev like this.
  2. sure.. primitive men stared at the moon clueless... it's pretty obvious that you and your new friend feel that way and "tend to agree" really, I would be surprised if the opposite happened.
    Info, books and whatnot are out there.. want to make an effort? Fine.. don't want to make an effort? Fine too.. just don't expect to look that smart while you bark at the moon.

One thing he said right tho.. this is all a colossal waste of time and I am out of here.. for real this time.

WallyM, Eero, Nick Moxley and 2 others like this.
  3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Back these claims up.

paul_wev likes this.
  4. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

Once again, you are accusing me of something I didn't say or do. I did not propose a solution. I presented and observation, and a test that illustrates these observations. The values I suggested are not random. They are simply a way to take that one parameter out of the equation. It's logical and normal troubleshooting. Not random. And not a solution. Jeez.

5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I can see this new solution may be many-sided, but can it copy&paste as well?

Freespace and liakjim like this.
  6. Really? :cool:

7. AshNismo

AshNismo Racer

For us non-engineering noobs trying to understand and learn about what you guys are talking about, could you please @Lord Kunos explain what the LS_EXPY and LS_EXPX values actually simulate? A lot of confusion as to what they actually are

Thank you :)

8. They simply change the shape of the lateral (or longitudinal) friction curve vs load.

Basically, how much lateral/longitudinal grip you have at a given load.

9. AshNismo

AshNismo Racer

Thanks David for the clarification, so I translate that as the contact patch of the tyre dependent on the load from the vehicle. Am I correct in assuming the the median value would be 1.0?

10. No, like Stefano said, if 1 is used, the curve is literally flat, meaning that you have the same friction coefficient at every load possible.

Dookie likes this.
  11. As I said, doesn't matter one bit if it doesn't translate in the game properly. Now the "issue" might not be exactly related to this, but the way the cars drive lack progression. I mean, just go drive the street 458... That one is so bad it's mind-boggling.

Maybe you ought to make an effort driving the cars, maybe you'd figure it out better.

Kloucezch likes this.
  12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

458 is on V7 tyres IIRC.
    If that's the case, why don't you wait for Aristotelis to complete the transition?

What about 488? It's on V10 right?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

13. Don't have the Triple Pack... So no idea.

14. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

15. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Also you need to define what "sloppy" is.

Reporting a car as that, has the same (zero) value as saying that “God does not play dice", in quantum mechanics lesson...

Actually if I were you, I would keep myself away of such posts , as they make you sound ridiculous...

"Sloppy" car...lol

16. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

Just to be clear, I was unaware that this had made it to reddit. I posted it on my Facebook. Not for clicks, but to show my friends how Stefano treated me. No matter how wrong I may be, nothing can justify an official spokesperson from any company behaving like this. That is why this is getting attention. I'm not the dick here, Stefano is. I don't mind being told I am wrong. I probably am. However, I do mind when grown men call me names for no reason. He will only get what he asked for. Nothing more, nothing less. I even got his written permission to publish the messages. He made his choice.

17. tabis

tabis Simracer

I want Aris back :(

MatthiasR. likes this.
  18. Lol, he's probably neck deep in V10 tyres atm! That C, V and CTRL button are surely worn down to the actuator by now :p

19. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I can't really blame him.
    You are not the victim here.

A person studies all his life, programming countless hours and as a result we enjoy one of the best sims out there.

People are happy, waiting for the next DLC to show their gratitude and support, saying that recent changes with V10 tyres are amazing and yet all this work is forgotten by few ( thank the god of sims ) by a guy and his feels...and trying random numbers...

All this situation is really ridiculous, showing zero respect for devs...

Actually it's so ridiculous that I unsubscribed from your channel.

Jesus...

20. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

That's the thing. You assume I am hating on AC, even though I repeatedly have made it clear that I have huge respect for the sim and the work they have put into it. At no point did I ever disrespect anyone. I don't even know where that is coming from. I have tried my best here to stay on topic and not sink to the level of name calling and swearing, unlike Stefano. Who really is disrespecting who here?