1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The steering, grip front tires, terible?

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Zenon, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

Ye totally discrediting someones years of work isn't a slap in the face at all. lol

Stop with this "Omg guise where is this coming from, I have only ever been polite poor me" act, it's getting old.

scotty86, Quffy, Glaurung and 5 others like this.
  2. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Coming and saying "put 0 there instead of 1" and the game gets fine or "better for realism" , is ridiculous and disrespectful and deserves a ridiculous and disrespectful answer.

Still waiting for your telemetry or data...

[​IMG]

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

TDS, Horus, Johnnypenso and 4 others like this.
  3. Jekay

Jekay Simracer

Holy **** this community is hostile as ****.

4. LockStock

LockStock Rookie

I am honestly completely astonished at the reaction from not just Stefano but all the people that support his position. The disrespect is unbelievable! Assetto Corsa has always had pride and place in my Steam Library, just the other day I was considering purchasing the Porsche DLC. Unfortunately I will not be spending any more on this game, they way Stefano reacted regardless whether the claims are accurate or not is completely laughable. Oh well, I suppose he will get what is coming to him.

5. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

If that's all it takes to discredit years of work, then someone needs to grow a thicker skin. It was a lighthearted joke based on Stefano's own words from his interview where he clearly states that they have no data and that tyres are a black art!

Bolibompa, NFS76, Tony74 and 3 others like this.
  6. Eero

Eero Hardcore Simmer

Fortunately you can ask Steam to delete it from your library. ;)

Reinart86, liakjim, ALB123 and 2 others like this.
  7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

After reading this thread, I see that here the first shot was fired, despite claims to the contrary.

8. Carbo-OZ

Carbo-OZ Racer

It's a sad, sad day when the AC forum starts to resemble the old pCars forum...

9. Shakotan

Shakotan Racer

I never denied that. I just couldn't imagine that a half joking comment was going to set in motion this drama. We all know that tyre physics are half science/half black art. But it's over now. Nothing more to discuss :)

paul_wev and WallyM like this.
  10. mrvice

mrvice Rookie

First of all you clearly need help man.
    2nd the only person who should get banned from the forums is you!
    3rd it seems you never grow up older than 16teen your language and the words ur using insulting others like a mad man.
    iam not talking about this thread here iam talking about the general behave from you.
    If you cannot manage it dont do it pls get off from the forums forever.

Sapalm, Bolibompa, Tony74 and 8 others like this.
  11. its a bit difficult to ban the guy that owns the forum.

paul_wev likes this.
  12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

You really, really need to stop claiming that "we all" know certain things.

And it doesn't need to "be over" - you are just responsible to back up your claims, maybe discuss with @mclarenf1papa, @David Dominguez or other skilled modders around this forum and try to establish why the cars feel better to you with this massive change in physics. Educate yourself. You need to do lots of homework and have a firm grasp of the theoretical background of car physics - not only their effects. Because now, you exclusively resort to the perceived effects.

Then you could develop a theory on how this could be achieved in a different way - because deactivating load sensitivity is obviously not an option.

On topic: you stated that cars IRL tend to rotate mid-corner when lifting and tend to straighten out mid-corner when gently applying throttle. So what are you experiencing in AC? That this is NOT the case? That this is NOT ENOUGH the case?!?
    Please make a clear statement on this and provide a video to prove it. That's how development works.

My take on this: the off-throttle rotation and on-throttle straightening works in AC. In some cars it's very pronounced, in others not so much. You can also provoque a powerslide like I think you should be able to IRL: let the rear get light under lift, then pick up the rotating car quickly with the throttle to get into a powerslide.
    For me, this method works unless I overcooked the corner entry, especially in FR cars. Lifting does not cause significant rotation in that case because the heavy front will keep pulling the car to the outside.

Now enlighten us, please: which car, which track, conditions, corner do you think is wrong and show us a video of you driving there.

13. Mertol Shahin

Mertol Shahin Rookie

Am I the only one that thinks Assetto Corsa needs a community manager that doesn't go to anger management classes?

Bolibompa, GardenPT, Tony74 and 4 others like this.
  14. I really like Stefano, I also love the product he's made, and agree with him on many points.

But I don't think he comes across as well as he could on these forums - perhaps years and years of abuse and criticism does that, and perhaps many of us would be even worse in his position.

IMO though, Stefano comes across far better in his streams, you get the tone of how he's saying things and is generally seems more understanding.

I do appreciate being able to communicate directly to the devs as opposed to through a third party.

15. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Community manager? No thank you. Highly prefer honest and passionate 1st-hand information over "thank you for your feedback, we take your concerns seriously"

16. TXC_IJOJOI

TXC_IJOJOI Racer

Yet that's exactly what didn't happen here!
    I love the game, but it's really gotten salty in the community lately.

Bolibompa and paul_wev like this.
  17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

"Oh yes, dear drifter, i will stop all my job and try to put 0 instead of 1 and see what happens, thanks so much for your...input".

Yeah right...

Some people. Internetz on it's best...

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

18. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Not really, only in this thread (that I have noticed, anyway) o_O

19. Mertol Shahin

Mertol Shahin Rookie

Yea don't stop for 0 and 1 flaming for 5 pages is way more productive.

20. GTP_CON360

GTP_CON360 Rookie

He suggested some cars to test and he has already said its a feeling thing. This is like suggesting a force feedback change and saying "Oh, you need a video to show the changes"... It's a feeling thing. And if you think development requires a video to prove it, you are doing it wrong. How about just trying out the change rather than argue for the sake of arguing.

It takes 2 seconds to make a revertible change that for some reason some people can't manage to comprehend or be bothered to try. Plus he has already said multiple times that the change he is providing is to the extreme so the effect is more pronounced, not saying "just shove everything on 1 and everything will be dandy".