1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The steering, grip front tires, terible?

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Zenon, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

Something I observed on any game forum I checked over the years is that: There are tons and tons of negative, know-it-all and offensive community "opinions" being posted every day on every game forum. The more the dev is willing to share insights, the more the dev communicates, the more of the game is accessable to modders, the more smart *** comments you will get.

You allow people to mod the sounds? Be prepared for wannabe sound engineers to brag about how great they are and how lackluster the dev is.
    You allow people to mod the post processing effects? Be prepared for community graphics experts telling you how to do it right.
    You allow the community to look into your tyre files? Be prepared for all kinds of awesome opinions on that one too.

Especially on the physics front we had some really unbearable people playing the smart guys here, in a manner that would get them punched in the real world.
    Yet everybody is completely shocked when a dev looses his temper. They will share on facebook or twitter (or whatever you internet nerds live your lives on) whining how badly they got treated for only saying their opinion ... bla bla freedom of speech bla bla ...
    With all that **** you have to wade through as a game/video/music/whatever-creator on the internet its just natural that you might explode on someone saying that your values you wrote into YOUR tyre model ini should be discarded - because lets not forget that this was what triggered this situation.

The internet and that disgusting mentality that comes with it just sucks.

ericRacer, triturbo, 6S.Manu and 5 others like this.
  2. gregack

gregack Racer

Don't forget that Kunos also benefits from the community and their feedback. Imo that's one of the reasons why Assetto is that brilliant now. Afaik Kunos sometimes even takes mod-content for the game (Miura, Cobra, Zandvoort, etc.)

Bolibompa likes this.
  3. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

Sorry thats ridicules. Some finds from community members sure helped, the vast majority is all Kunos and their testers. Modding content going official is just the 3d art, which others could do as well.
    Thats a thing with moddable games - the modders tend to become overly self confident pricks and the community buys it.

4. gregack

gregack Racer

What about all the bugs which are reported here (and often get fixed almost instantly with the next update)?

5. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Did you get out of the wrong side of bed?
    I downloaded and tested lemax's beautiful Miseluk track the other day and I don't think that he is an overly self-confident prick - quite the opposite. There are many more examples.
    All the tracks, cars, apps that have been made by "ordinary" people in their free time and you colour everyone with the same brush.
    I partly agree with your "you allow people" post but you should not come here to discredit modder's work or the contribution of this community. There are lots of people here who made thoughtful suggestions which have led to improvements in the game.

Bolibompa, esox71 and McClusky like this.
  6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I think, you get the important part of Horst1s post wrong.

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  7. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Does this thread still have any meaning? Should it not be better of closed? Many people, many opinions. But for sure we won't agree on everything.. no matter how hard some try. Would be a shame if another argument arises here. Lets just leave the topic where it is and go on with enjoying the sim.

8. Alistair McKinley

I'm quite good at that. ;-)
    No, for real - what did I get wrong? (Honest question - no irony)

Does he mean in the first part of his post that (edit) some people of the community are helpful? (Edit: And the rest is done by Kunos and their testers alone?) Do you mean that one? (I understand that part of his post, now.)
    Still, he said that modders tend to become ... (not specific individuals but every modder - that is what vexes me).

Maybe I should do what I had done the past two years before starting to post on this forum: Shut up and become a silent observer again.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, you got it, Kunos does the framework, and adr2 and the likes, profit from it...
    Not saying, those individuals don't do great mods. They are just contributing to the platform. No more no less.
    And no, you shouldn't be just passiv. Involve yourself, and help the community.

10. Alistair McKinley

Ah, alright. Now I've got it. So horst1's post means that modders are only playing a small role but some of them feel like they are the developers?
    Thank you for explaining it to me without using joking remarks and/or irony.
    Sometimes I think it would be better to be passive - as you put it - because negotiation of meaning is not always easy via text messages.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  11. Walkman

Walkman Rookie

This is my first thread I was able to read and I must say I am shocked of how childish this developer behaved towards all your comments. He cherry picked unrelevant stuff to justify ad personam insults, dismissed all explanations and apologies and escalated the discussion. This is Ian Bell stuff right there. That´s how SMS created their own echoe chamber. I feel really bad reading this after supporting this sim all the years. Thank you Senior Casillo for this self revelation, I hope your mother doesn´t know how you behave. She wouldn´t be proud. I thought of consulting this forum in case of any questions but now I know that deviating opinions will be used as an excuse to derail discussions. Just like it happened with Project Cars. Sad.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    SkinnyCyclist and Bolibompa like this.
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Or, you know, one could just not start with trash talking the simulation and work of the developers in the first place. But that's too hard apparently.

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Gosh guys, this thread was dead for nearly a year, and rightfully so.
    :rolleyes: