1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

This ruf is going to be an acquired taste

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Arch

Arch Alien

In fact, drive the car with 10% turbo boost and you will find out how well balanced it is and how easy to drive it is, pretty much on modern car level.

It's the power and the turbo. Everyone's, mine as well, right foot is too heavy.

Epocx and WallyM like this.
  2. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Preach brother!

3. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Racer

This car on 90s street tyres is unfathomably good fun around Castle Hill.

4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Just spent about 2 hours with this, it's just so much fun :) It's a super car that actually feels super, not something that grandma could take the kids to Tescos in and not be frightened. I just love that 80s 911 look as well, gorgeous in replays.

Aris's "street" setup tips are interesting. They do produce a much more neutral handling car, but for me it is slower, quite bit slower. Drifting seems to be the way to go.

F40, M3 E30, Ruf CTR... What's next? Countach would be fantastic, but how about a Lotus Esprit Turbo?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    Leemstradamus and Adam Farmer like this.
  5. Jacorius

Jacorius Gamer

If you want to see how it handle just watch this crazy video:

6. sinbad

sinbad Racer

It's a great car which has been done justice here (perhaps for the first time ever). Such a rewarding and involving car to drive in a simulator; the car never really in line from the moment you turn in, trailing the brakes, rotating the car and using the wonderful RR traction to drive you forwards even with a healthy dose of oversteer on the way out of the corner, plus a wonderful old-school turbo engine to offer plenty of said oversteer.

This compared with the GT3 cars, is no contest, imo.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  7. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

Piece of cake to drive with his gravity assist set to full ;)

8. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Amazing Car. From the first minute i like the way how it feels.
    I am no drifter, and i am no Alien and i dont have any Problem to handle the Ruf!

Its not so hard like you guys says, Cobra & F40 are much harder to drive.
    Maybe the XRT was a good lessons for me :D

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats exactly how i feel aswell. I played 4h on monza yesterday and couldnt figure out where to brake :D

10. WallyM

WallyM Alien

That amount of work on the real life steering wheel does not look like a balanced car to me. I don't get this ”it's difficult to drive, it must be a great car” mentality. Or ”I feel so alive because the car didn't kill me”.
    Just my opinion...

11. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

@ Kristaps
    Stefan uses longest final ratio and normal boost - note that he shift only 4 gears never having a chance to shift 5th ...
    ... and I do agree with Yoshimura that it feels not quite right, at least not like an old overpowered Porsche.

It is unbelievable fun to drive but what I miss is more pronounced lift off oversteer because it's almost nonexistent.
    You have it on wide body 930, and even more on narrow body SC (base for CTR) and I do see on that video that it is plenty of that in Yellowbird despite of suspension and other changes comparing to normal Carrera SC ...

12. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Because of the weight distribution of this car it requires to be driven different.
    This is more point and shoot driving. You cannot going deep on corners, is more like you need to prepare the car for the turn, point it to the right direction, press the gas and hold the drift.

Reminds me the old good GTR 2 times, bit with much better feedback of what the car is doing.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I have come to approach the car by setting turbo to 40%, and then working my way upwards to 70% or 80%. As somebody said, at low turbo settings you realise how well-behaved this car really is.

14. Epocx

Epocx Alien

You should revisit the Cobra and probably the f40 after the release now. You'll be surprised

15. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

This car is a b**** and that's it :D

16. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Had some more time with this beast today and all I can say is OMFG! Just an amazing feat they have accomplished!

17. Bkim

Bkim Racer

About three minutes after AC's Yellowbirds update, i found myself being dizzy and disorientated by the major crash in Eau Rouge. At that point i thought: "okay..."
    After that it was more of a ballet i was performing rather than lap racing. Never seen my behind so often. The sound is amazing and that bloody 2nd gear that has "dont tough me" written all over it. End of Camel straight thundering plus 200 Braking hard past 200 meters and it feels like my house wants to move. Shifting (slammin) back through the gears. Wheels lockup, screeching tire sound, mass movement disturbs the car. Going into the corner thinking "nah...too slow" gently (not) touching the gas in that aweful 2nd gear and its Adagio ballet. Screeching tiresound simply fills the earcups of the headphones. And then all of a sudden its quit. Although im having a hard time to master it i love it. The weight transfer is soo well done...its an amazing job Kunos!!

18. glenn munn

glenn munn Rookie

Love it. Drives just as a Porsche does. Completely different to drive then the other cars great job!

19. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

With semislicks I put the toe to -1.0 front and 0.0 rear, 2.9 camber on the front, 1.4 on the rear, 80% diff power, 8 psi off front tires and 68 brake bias and shortest gear ratios. For me that really helped me tame the car and get faster and drift better. Possibly a lot of the instability people are noticing is from the too rearward brake bias.

I love this car, I hope we can have more of a similar power, pace and age. Loads of fun. :D

poet and Leemstradamus like this.
  20. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

He shifted in 5 gear @ 0:45sec, 0:58sec, 1:34min, 3:57min, 6:39min, 7,30min
    He never used 1 gear
    He probably used 11/43 ratio
    [​IMG]
    Where you get information on what boost level Stefan used?
    If you want more lift of oversteer, just adjust the setup, default one is on the 'safe side'

Hany likes this.