1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Thrustmaster T3PA vs. PRO

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by TheMiz44, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

I've got My t3pa Pro two days ago, i've swapped them in gt mode to. :)

Gulf917K likes this.
  2. Gulf917K

Gulf917K Racer

Do you find them better in GT mode Rav?:)

3. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

Before my rig I also had mine in GT mode and liked it better. Now with the rig that's not an option anymore, but the board for the pedals is tilted, so it's pretty good in the GT Omega :)

Gulf917K likes this.
  4. Gulf917K

Gulf917K Racer

Thanks Leon. The Playseat evolution has a tilted footplate also. So should be a lot better!
    I am going to upgrade to the GT Omega. When funds allow and I can catch my missus on a good day!:)

paul_wev likes this.
  5. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

Very nice, heeltoe is perfect

paul_wev and Gulf917K like this.
  6. Gulf917K

Gulf917K Racer

brilliant!:D

Ravellron likes this.
  7. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

Jesus Christ, this is SO much work, especially if you don't have the proper tools (in my case drills for steel). I spent literally all day drilling, dremeling and putting things together, BUT all the foreseeable hard work is done now. What's left is to wait for the springs, cut the L's down to allow for the arms to rotate, get some more minor parts for a couple cents from the hardware store and put it all together. Here's hoping to having a clutch by this time tomorrow...

16730921_10211964411611203_1397190166_n.jpg

8. Gulf917K

Gulf917K Racer

It will all be worth it in the end Leon!!;)

9. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

We'll see about that... but yea, there's hope ;)
    If it feels good I'll make a detailed video about it in the second half of this week.

Ace Pumpkin, LeDude83 and paul_wev like this.
  10. Gulf917K

Gulf917K Racer

Well. Here is my take on the T3PA Pro compared to standard. Having taken delivery today!
    First impressions were they are substantially better built than the standard ones. Mainly because they are all metal.
    But basically that's it!:(
    I spent all afternoon putting them together and setting up on my rig. They are so damn heavy!
    You have to download the instructions, which were so confusing because they mainly focused on the F1 configuration and not GT. Especially when it came to installing the conical brake mod. I had to look at everything upside down!
    And talking of the brake mod. The bracket would not take the thread on the rubber cone. I had to use a monkey wrench to screw it in!
    I own a Playseat evo. And there were absolutely no instructions. And I couldn't find any online as to how they attached to the footplate. I did sort it in the end only by trial and error mind.o_O
    They are so heavy, that there is a lot of play especially under braking. These are really designed to be flat on the floor or you need a pretty sturdy rig!
    So. All in all I'm pretty disappointed. Yes they look better than the standard T3PA pedals. But I can honestly say they don't feel at all different when driving. So anyone thinking of upgrading I would save your money and stick with the standard version

11. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

I think if the rig has the right holes you just need to put the pedals on, find the right position, and screw things in, no?

Wait, what? the Playseat pedal plate bends because of the weight? Oh dear...

Well, there's still modability ;)

12. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

oh right, update from my side: So the mechanism looks to be quite sturdy. However, the springs I got are way to strong, so I just ordered a second set (rather expensive). I can't really get the sharp angle in resting position between the rods and arms, because with the springs in place they will flip over. With a more obtuse angle, the initial force is higher with a greater fall-off, so not really ideal.

paul_wev likes this.
  13. Gulf917K

Gulf917K Racer

Update!
    I tinkered with new pedals and rig most of yesterday. And finally sorted it to a degree that I am quite happy with now!
    I put the pedals back to F1 configuration. Which to be honest I prefer anyway. The metal frame that is used for GT config
    I inverted. So it is now a very strong support for front of base. Now it is rock solid, and does not flex at all under heavy braking!
    Also found the perfect driving position. And because the pedals are a bit further from the central post on playseat evo. I can now toe and heel to my hearts content without catching my foot!
    Also sold my standard pedals, so recouped some money.
    So all in all, a much happier bunny than I was yesterday!:)

IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2607.JPG

LeonSuetfeld and paul_wev like this.
  14. anything-but

anything-but Guest

Only difference with the pro vs the normal T3PAs's is the metal construction and the ability to invert 'em. To get any *real* improvement in braking ability , your going to have to shell out the pennies for Fanatec and above. :)

local_man1234 likes this.
  15. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Rookie

So the T3PA's have increased resistance near the end of the brake pedal travel? Or does it just end at the plastic stop like Logitechs.

The Logitechs had the same amount of resistance all through it's travel until it hit the plastic stops (very weak). In some T3PA reviews, I thought I read that they were similar to logitechs in that respect.

The Pro's with the conical brake mode "feels" like it has resistance that you can modulate better because of the increasing resistance as you get to the rubber cone under the brake pedal. It feels more natural in that I am increasing my leg pressure on the brake pedal, the harder I brake, and then modulating with my foot - like in a real car. Whereas the logitech, I am using only my foot, pivoting at my ankle, with very little force because there was so little resistance.

If the T3PA and the PROs feel identical, then I would have bought the T3PAs.

16. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The T3PA also come with the conical brake mod ;)

paul_wev likes this.
  17. Gulf917K

Gulf917K Racer

They both come with the conical brake mod!!
    So to simplify. They are the same but one is plastic and the other metal!:cool:

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  18. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Rookie

Well darn. I was misled.
    Thanks for the clarification.

19. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

btw. I have to postpone the video for two weeks, as I'd like to do it properly and not rushed. I have to revise my calculations I think, and I'll be out of town for a week.

Gulf917K and paul_wev like this.
  20. Gulf917K

Gulf917K Racer

Waiting with baited breath Leon!:)

paul_wev likes this.