1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

To anyone who just bought Assetto Corsa this weekend

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Marketcrash16, Jul 3, 2016.

1. First of all congratulations, you just scored a wicked deal on the Steam sale. I thought I'd post a couple helpful tips to make things easier for you to have a good experience.
    1. Multiplayer can be amazing...or downright awful, so here are some things you might want to know. Some of the community members have designed some pretty cool things to identify wreckers. Minorating is one of them. It is similar to iracing's license system by assigning a grade to everyone that races on servers that have this. Servers running it will usually say A,B,N or something like that. As you are new, some servers may not allow an "N" driver so you will have to build up your rating. You can only do this by racing (clean) on servers running it.

2. Download ACCG. It is a "Career Generator". Especially if you plan to race offline. Although there is a career mode, ACCG allows you to create a career based on whichever car, or cars you choose. It also allows to you create a list of opponents that are consistent throughout the series. So if you want to race against Juan Pablo Montoya, he will be there in every race. You can assign points for 1st, 2nd, etc and also set a goal for where you want to finish.

3. The setupmarket. There is an app for it now as well. What this does is give you access to a bunch of car setups that the faster guys in the community have been kind enough to share. If you are new to car setups, or suck like I do (eh, 2 clicks of rear wing oughta do it!) this will help you immensely. The default setups are pretty vanilla and underseer-y.

4. Real Head motion. This is another must have app if you run a single screen. (only works in 32 bit mode though I believe) This app better simulates what you would actually see while driving. If you are using VR, then you won't need it.

5. SRS. Get this app. It is a matching service that has set races at set times (again, similar to iracing) Good mix of cars and great for those that have no time for league racing (well, everyone should join a league, but that is just my opinion. Most leagues are fine with people missing races.)

6. When you DO get an APP, you have to enable it. While in game, go to "Settings" and "General" The app should appear there and you will need to check it off. ALSO, make sure to select "Keep selected track conditions" and CHANGE the track from "Optimal" to pretty much anything else but. I use "Slow" but "Green" is a good learning setting. Optimal is easiest, but also unrealistic and will make multiplayer a bit frustrating as more and more servers are using Green or worse conditions. May take you a bit longer to adjust, but well worth it.

Hope this helps some new players enjoy a great game.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone else notice pink (missing textures) and street lights at Monza turning off as you pass them?? Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clear Calibration software logitech - anyone have this? Oct 2, 2023
    ACC Physics Anyone else finding the Alpine being much faster than any other GT4 cars since 1.9? May 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC Issues on PS5 that were not an Issue on PS4,,, Can anyone help/answer reach out Dec 9, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Anyone find there is big "depression" on the track in Zandvoort, at this point!!! Jul 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone have experienced the same glitch? Apr 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone got the TMX wheel to work in the game yet? Apr 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone been able to use the extra buttons on fanatec gt3 v2 rim or similar? Jan 4, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Anyone feel the FFB in ACC is not as sharp as AC? Is Kunos aware of this? [Nope, never heard] Nov 10, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions anyone ever try the DJI FPV goggles with console gameplay? Jun 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are you anyone driving BMW M6 in ACC? Apr 4, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone done this? Feb 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone use a Shifter? Feb 5, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality RTX 3090 SLI for VR ? Anyone tried ? Dec 12, 2020
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres - Anyone have the realistic F1 1990's qualifyers? Dec 4, 2020

3. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I guess you mean "SimRacingSystem" or "SRS". "SMS" is either text messages or who made Project Cars :)

TDS likes this.
  4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ty. That's the point where you should link @Hagen 's guides:
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029319818/myworkshopfiles/?section=guides&appid=244210

TDS, GardenPT and A.r.e.s. like this.
  5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Just for info, RHM works in 64-bit, is useful on triplescreens and improves VR experience as well. So, definitely a must-have app :)

6. plaid

plaid Alien

Good suggestions.

I would include the pitboard-app, so you don't need the basic-hud anymore, cause position, remaining laps and times are displayed and...

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/pitboard-0-2-06-11-15.28307/#post-578350

[​IMG]

...the spotter app, obiviously for spotting, but it also makes the experience less dry.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/spotter-v1-2-1-released-oct-9-15.10308/

[​IMG]

Also to enjoy pure driving especially with the streetcars the modtrack Lake Louis and a few circuits like Paul Ricard.

However I think a thread like this in the steam-forums as a sticky would be better to make people aware of mods, some never visit this forum afterall.

BATINA74 likes this.
  7. Tony James

Tony James Rookie

Hi guys. Yes I did get AC recently, and yes it was on sale. I didn't know it was actually on sale when I went to buy it, so yep, I got a real result there, saved a bundle.

I'm really trying to get to grips with racing, and although this is an interesting thread, and the guide linked is very good, I still feel way out of my depth to be honest. I really don't know where to look for an absolute beginner. I'd like to race with just a friend for now, and when we tried it on-line, he got banned from the server. There was only the two of us on there, I would never dream of staying if others were on the server. I'm simply not ready to be racing other guys just yet, so I stick to single player mostly. The only servers I go on regularly are the Drift servers.
    My friend and I learned the hard way about Minorating, and I'm wondering if there is anything else we should know before embarking on the servers again. What resources are there for us total noob's?

Oh and although this threads good, I think some links for the Apps mentioned would be nice. I guess a google search would find some results, but how does someone like me know I'm getting the right Apps? I'll try, and hope I get it right.

Thanks for posting, I have a lot of reading and research to do.

Tony

8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

welcome to AC. I recommend reading the Minorating guide posted above. it has drastically improved AC MP.

use the search function on this site. if you search for keyboard shortcuts you can find a list of shortcuts that will come in handy. most apps can be downloaded from the app section of this forum. the only other website you need for mods is RaceDepartment IMO :)

9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Welcome on board :)

You´re facing a common problem in life, like what to do when you aren't confident in what you´re trying to do or learn.
    Same goes for simracing and getting better: you have to build confidence to progress, before your "talent" at it even gets a chance.

So you´re already doing the right thing staying off public servers, getting either smoked by the competition, tangling with other rookies and even getting kicked from servers.

First advice: simply enjoy the game as a hotlapper. Enjoy the tracks, cars, the physics, and read up on as much as you can about carcontrol, race line, cornering techniques etc. In a few weeks you´ll be a far more equipped simracer.

Second: Start hotlapping and improve your laptimes right away. Register at RSR live timing here: http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/
    Download the app, install it and learn how to turn it on in game and use it. Look on the RSR site to see what are possible laptimes, your aim should be around World Records + 5 seconds. So if the WR is 1:30, your aim could be 1:35, but even if you start doing 1:35-1:40, you´ve progressed a lot. Then you have to stay lap after lap on those times, not screwing up, building consistency.
    To help you see how much time you win/lose in every corner, open the Delta or Real time app in game (sitting in cockpit, mouse-over to right side of screen to get pop-up app menu).
    It´ll take practice to build consistency, and always better to go a little slower than overdriving and losing the car even slightly once every lap.

Third: Host your own private server, for you and your friends to have fun. It´s easy once you open up ports and learn how to use AcServermanager. More info on that here: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?faq/dedicated-server-manual.28/

Go go!

Tony James, AC_RAF and Mogster like this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

I found the skip barber video really helpful and recommend it to all beginners. It covers things that aren't that intuitive at first, like lift off oversteer.

After that practice makes perfect. To get anywhere near world record times on RSR is going to take hours and hours of practice, just as it would in the real world.

AC_RAF likes this.
  11. smithees

smithees Rookie

This is an amazing thread. :D I have bought AC as well with discount from Steam.
    I'll be taking note of RHM. Sounds really useful as I only have a 1 monitor setup. Thanks for this! My friend says the online community is awesome as well, so I'll take a look at the Minorating thing as well.

LeDude83 likes this.
  12. Turk

Turk Alien

I was never a fan of those real head movement things. I don't think they do anything worth while. In he real world you're eyes and brain compensate for those kind of head movements. I think AC translates a lot of information through the subtle movements of the car on screen too, I think any pseudo effect on top of that would only take away from the experience. I don't like the look to apex effects either. It feels like someone in the back seat is moving your head around.

13. Watoh

Watoh Gamer

Well i have 200 hours ingame mainly in MP and I knew little of what OP has posted.. much appreciated good for the new and the one like me under a rock! :)

14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Another vote for RSR leaderboard.

I'm sure I'd have shelved AC a long time ago without it. It adds an online competition element for people that don't race online much.

minimalist, Octane and AC_RAF like this.
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

its worth reading up about it. its a server side thing so if you join a server that runs Minorating you will be rated. you dont have to download anything. that said if you race with good intentions and respect for others on track you wont really have to worry about it at all

16. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Exactly the same for me. As Kunos doesn't want to create a leaderboard system, RSR Live timing is the best solution for that.

I love driving with the app on... And then, when having left AC, checking on the website the sector times, the other guys laptimes...

Of course, the app needs an update now, because of a few bugs... But it will be fixed soon hopefully.

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. Tony James

Tony James Rookie

Thanks a lot guys for the information. Tberg, I'll look into setting up the server stuff for me and my friend to practice on, that sounds ideal so we can progress together. He has the youth, and I have the wisdom, we can share knowledge :)

I'll look into the other stuff too. I already found a page on here that lists the keyboard shortcuts, and shares other information, so I'm already ahead of my buddy there. I WILL be checking out the links and researching as much as I can, but don't expect to be racing us any time soon lol.

I'm on N2 in the career mode right now, and having some handling problems. I think it's called "lead foot syndrome" but I'll get there.

Tony

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I think car control over competition first. I clocked over 1500h and can do without RSR. Go to single player, get one car and one track for a long while, read all about car control and driving techniques you can get your hands about and have fun.
    After you know about the line, corner entry, exit and mid corner speed you can start racing the ai for basic race craft. Only if you feel comfortable in that situation I would join multiplayer.
    Have fun

Georg Siebert and Tony James like this.
  19. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Truly disagree with you. Just saying that newcomers should definitely not miss out on RHM.
    :)

20. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

I did a test and felt just having the camera lock to horizon in vr was the most realistic track experience. Yea the cockpit looks awkward when you hit bumps, but you can see even the slightest bit of elevation change. So many places on the ring look level, but with that option checked, you can feel yourself going downhill on the most subtle grades.

arthur666 likes this.
  21. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I don´t like any of the standard options in AC. RHM can do in between and is excellent in VR too. Each to his own :)

@Turk
    actually I agree that look to apex is crap too, maybe only usable on singlescreen.