1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tool to clean AC folders?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Pingus, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Pingus

Pingus Simracer

Hello,

I've been there for more than 3 years and have played AC since 11/2013 (even before with the tech demo but it's not the point).

I downloaded the initial build, right after the game got greenlighted on Steam. I never re-downloaded the full game since then, I've always kept copies of the AC files/folders from "steamapps" and in Documents (mostly to keep cfg files/lap times/setups) in case I had to reinstall my system. So, since I downloaded that initial build, there has been a lot of modded tracks and cars and other stuff "contaminating" my AC-related folders. All of the mods, except some car sounds and RSR/Helicorsa, have now been deleted and the game is vanilla, content wise.
    The setup folder contains, for example, hundreds of unused folders/files. It would take a fair amount of time to clean all this stuff by hand.

Now, I'd like to know if there's a tool that would actually clean all the useless files/folders that have been created when I added mods, by checking the files included in the "content" folder from the main AC install. Say, it would detect cars and tracks after launching acs.exe and would delete all the useless files/folders created in the past.

I know it doesn't hurt performance but I would just like to clean a bit.

If there's no such tool and if you even have advices, I'm all ears.

Sorry if that'a hard to follow post as my english is not that friendly with people. Thank you.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools ACC Pit Tool Oct 4, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Tools Web-Based ACC Setup Tool for Sharing and Creating Setups May 11, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Small excel tool to edit car physics Jan 15, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa in VR on OpenComposite and OpenXR Toolkit Dec 2, 2022
    ACC Tools AccSetupComparator - Webbased tool for viewing and comparing setups Aug 1, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality VR Performance Toolkit Jan 19, 2022
    ACC Tools ACC Driver Ranking Tool (Hotlaps) Dec 18, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting I do not have access to the Dedicated Server "tool" on Steam Jun 6, 2021
    ACC Tools ACC Server stats tool for the web Mar 17, 2021
    ACC Tools Telemetry and Race Strategy tool for ACC (Real-time and Offline) Feb 21, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Racing Sim Tools Enduro Series: Powered by RWB! Jan 3, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Racing Sim Tools 4Hr Endurance Series 1 Duo Teams 13/12/2020 Dec 4, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Assetto Corsa Competizione / Server Creation Tool / Guide / Simple and Easy Setup Oct 5, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC: Amazing Training Tool Jul 25, 2020

3. Horus

Horus Alien

There is one called Delete and Reinstall.

Not being cocky, I went through the same process many moons ago. It would be a lot easier to delete the lot and get a nice vanilla install. If you still do not want to do that then delete what does not look right and do a Steam verification after you have finished. You could for instance delete the entire track folder and let Steam reinstall just that folder. Good luck.

AmorFati and Pingus like this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Doesnt every mod share one thing and that is that they (except apps) are supposed to go into "Content"? You can delete content and just verify integrity to download it all again.

5. My "Documents" folder backup was going a bit slow. It was because there are more than 3000 files in this folder:-

C:...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\launcherdata

Can these files be deleted ?

6. Horus

Horus Alien

Depends on what files Stefan, you could lose settings, replays, best times, screenshots etc etc.

7. I mean just the "launcherdata" folder. It's got over 3000 of these "f files" in it:-

f files.PNG

8. Horus

Horus Alien

Move/compress them and see. Report back. :)

9. Spunderbunt

Spunderbunt Rookie

Is there a mod manager for AC? Something that could keep track of which mods are copied in and which aren't and can add/remove them without having to go digging around the content folders.

10. Horus

Horus Alien

Use a search engine and type 'Assetto Corsa Mod Manager', you will be surprised to see the result. ;)

AmorFati likes this.
  11. I deleted the "launcherdata" folder. The only effect it had was to reset your "favourite" combos in the launcher start screen, so no problem really.

It's got 18 "f_" files in it now instead of the 3600 it had before. I guess over time it will build up again.

The devs probably should put in a clean up routine for this part of the launcher.