1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Track limits silverstone

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SvenUilhoorn, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Yeah as martcerv says, PLP looks in the plp.ini for the allowed wheels off track, while AC looks in the server config (if online).

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

No they still use the same surface ini the client does, but as surfaces like astro are usually also marked as dusty and no valid track bits are except some pit lanes. This means they are a bit stricter then official penalties that only use non valid track surfaces for setting limits which also allows some extra tarmacs and astro turf that may be dusty but still valid track.

For a league you can provide a custom surface ini if you want but then clients will get kicked from other servers with checksum missmatch. Possibly banned from rsr if it detects changes in this file from original file too.

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think server still only checks if clients have the same surface.ini as server then kicks anyone with a missmatch. Things like DRS all clients use what the server has set, it could be a good option if the server just used surface ini the same way.

This could be an issue with RSR however but I dont know if they have a server check for drs ini or assume it uses the clients file.

4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Never release a surface.ini as stand-alone file for people to overwrite the original track ini, as people rarely do backups or forget that they once downloaded an ini file. Their only option ends with a steam integrity check.
    The solution is to do league versions of the track, which also makes it easier to see in UI and configure in acservermanager.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    martcerv likes this.
  5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Yes, server checks the track surface.ini, not the plp.ini.
    See my post above, the best way is to release track-packs as a league admin, if you want control over PLP and trac limits, without messing with peoples options to join public servers.

6. rex81

rex81 Gamer

NetracingEurope.org likes this.
  7. I can recommend SimSync for sharing game/track/carfiles. Simply put the modified next to a renamed original one (surface.ini.original) and let the users sync. After the race just delete the modified and restore the correct name for the original one at the simsync server. Simsync checks the filedate, overwrites the modified ini and also removes the .backup

sent from my mobile, cheers!

8. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

My point was originally that Silverstone's track limits (and a few on other tracks) are not according to the rules of, for example, the FIA.

Thanks for pointing out that I can make my own fix, but I think it would be better for the game, online- and offline community if Kunos fix it themselves to avoid even further segregation of the user base and keep the track cutting rules consistent over all tracks. Going outside track limits allowing you to gain an advantage should be punished if the rule is enabled, for everyone, not just for the small few who are willing enough to fix the .ini themselves or install a file that might cause them checksum issues on public servers.

martcerv and NetracingEurope.org like this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thats why I suggested official tracks to be changed to have valid track only inside the white lines but have a server and game set option to allow curbs to be valid for those that want this.

That way it would be easy to see track limits and setting for example 3 tyre allowed out as ia the general method used in most race series would work fine and be easily understood.

Default penalties are 2 tyres with curbs and astro valid in some spots which is overall too soft even with 2 tyres but get the car sideays and you get penalized. 3 tyres is the standard usually in this case but 3 tyres with default kunos limits you can be so far off track in some sections its a bit of a joke which is why they made default 2 tyres as a bandaid patch for the softer limits that still doesnt really work.

I dont think there wouod really need to be any re mapping of the existing track, just changing all the surface ini files should work regarding valid track. The extra curb toggle would need some sort of code however and if its too much effort maybe just remove all astro amd extra tarmac spots from valid track and we can live with curbs being valid.

SvenUilhoorn likes this.
  10. brioche

brioche Racer

Hey, not sure if it applies to you but you could try setting cut lines with my plugin (or with your own server side app). That will require no modification of the track files (it could help while we wait for improvements).

11. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Sorry but irl drivers don't get a penalty if they run wide on astro, except if they use it to pass.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not if they keep a tyre inside the track limits be it the white line or kerbs you are allowed to use some astro, the way it is in AC with astro marked valid it means if you set it to 3/2 tyres allowed out you can have just 1/2 tyres on the astro. You shouldn't be allowed to be 1/2 wheels on astro and 2/3 wheels in the grass and still be considered a valid lap for qualy.

Penalties in a race ideally would be like PLP does it where you get a set number of strikes then a time penalty or drive through. The in game slowdown I don't think is a good solution but works ok for pub servers to keep people from abusing the limits. To get a penalty in game you need to be so far out that there should be no real complaints but I don't think it really takes into account if you've slowed before re-joining as PLP does so you can avoid getting a warning or penalty by lifting before re entering the track.

SvenUilhoorn likes this.
  13. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Not quite, we see a lot of cars with all corners on astro at the last corner of Silverstone and they don't get penalties for that. Conversely they get penalized for cutting T1 because they gain time there.

PLP often warns you when you go out wide even if you rejoin with a massive loss of time. We lost several drivers for AC in my league who were pissed off by the cut detection and got back to rF2 or R3E where it works better (although the R3E system was at some time nonsensical too). AC's native cut detection is fine, it's just the penalties that don't work.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The only series that allows that is blancpain and watching some of their older races I havent seen it recently they didnt seem to have any track limits. WEC for example have given penalties to lead cars for that exact same thing at Silverstone running wide.

PLP you cant go massively wide and keep it full throttle, you need to lift off a bit to rejoin. There is lots to gain running wide not only cutting inside. Silverstone exits are pen for abuse and if you know there is no penalty for running wide then why not do it every lap and enter the corners a bit faster. ;)

There is nothing forcing leagues to run any penalty system, if you want blancpain style just turn of penalties completly and let people go wherever they like.