1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Trackday Server without the nords!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by fr13del, Apr 8, 2017.

1. fr13del

fr13del Racer

[​IMG]

Hello, fellow racers!

Flat spot/Trackday -MR ABC

[​IMG]

Here's a Trackday-Server with MR ABC, running 24/7 with a weekly combo of cars&track without the nords or the usual racing cars, mostly non-dlc-content.

Session starts 8.00am and there are at least 5 weather conditions - in the UK it's more foggy than in Italy, also the temps are lower
    The track is dusty, its possible that you drive on a UK-track with 12°C on a foggy&dusty track. It's not everyone's cup of tea... ;)
    Session length is 480min.

FUEL_RATE=100
    DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER=100
    TYRE_WEAR_RATE=100
    ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=2
    ABS_ALLOWED=1 (factory)
    TC_ALLOWED=1 (factory)
    MAX_CONTACTS_PER_KM=1
    STABILITY_ALLOWED=0
    AUTOCLUTCH_ALLOWED=0
    TYRE_BLANKETS_ALLOWED=0

Since we are on dusty tracks, be aware that you're on Hard Slicks or Street-tyres.

It's not a heavy used server but sometimes there is a lot of fun with 50-100 drivers per session.
    Maybe the chosen track&car-combo is not very popular - but that's where the fun is, i think. Always racing cars on nords is deadly boring to me...
    Here you can see the last combos: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fsr-t#announcements

I'm mostly on the track between 10.00pm and 02.00am (UTC+2) and i often look onto the server over the day.
    There is also a steam-group "Flat spot-Racing - Trackday" - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fsr-t - where you can post in English or German.

These rules apply for all servers:
    1. Don't block the track
    2. Don't block the pits
    3. No Wrong-way driving
    4. Obey the pitline!!!
    5. NEVER SLOW DOWN / STOP ON THE RACING LINE :mad:
    6. There are cars of different performance on the server. Be aware of that!
    7. Slower cars: be aware of faster cars around you
    8. Faster cars: do not expect every car to move instantly
    9. Usage of Helicorsa is highly suggested

And heres one for the DN-guys! (ABC too ;) )

Flat spot/Driving school -MR ABCDN

[​IMG]

Short courses with Production-cars on street-tyres. Every session is 90 minutes, weather is quite nice and the track is pretty grippy.
    The server runs ac_trackcycle and changes the track after every session - THAT MEANS YOU HAVE TO LEAVE AND RE-CONNECT.
    There will be a chat-message about the TRACK CHANGE INCOMING.

• Silverstone national
    • Magione
    • Barcelona
    • Vallelunga club
    • Nürburg Sprint
    • Brands Hatch Indy
    • Monza66 junior
    • Red Bull national
    • Highlands
    (may change any time)

This is not GTA! Drive considerately - AVOID CONTACTS! - reckless driving=ban!
    Reckless drifting results in a lifetime ban.

AB-drivers: Enter at your own risk!

Flat spot/Track Show -MR ABC

[​IMG]

Every here&then the track changes, the track is dusty, 86% grip at start of the session.
    Weather is changing, a session is 240-480min and we have random wind! :)
    The tracks will ALWAYS be mods; the cars will be a mix from DLCs.
    Tracks will be posted.

Flat spot/Hot Lap Battle -MR ABC

[​IMG]

This is only for Mod-cars; running RSR-Pro-settings -> http://flatspot.info/pro.jpg

TRACKS
    • Silverstone,national
    • Vallelunga,classic
    • Red bull ring,national
    • Monza66,junior
    • Brands Hatch,indy
    • Highlands,short

Cars will be posted.

edit:
    stracker
    http://flatspot.info/

So, when you run into trouble, please post it here, on steam, in my forum or even on Discord.

Cobras @Highlands, encounter @7:00

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017

2. Alexandr66

Alexandr66 Hardcore Simmer

Hey, man,

Good luck with your "driving room".

Wanna ask about this - looking interesting!
    [​IMG]
    But, where any flat-spot server?... Can't find in list of servers.

fr13del likes this.
  3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Mental note added. Thanks! I prefer trackday settings for the few occasions I go MP.

fr13del likes this.
  4. fr13del

fr13del Racer

@Alexandr66
    Usually when you enter "flat" into ACs searchform it shows the server...

The name is slightly different than mentioned above:
    Flat spot/THRUXTON MEETING/Trackday -MR ABCDN
    -----
    So, here are the facts for the "THRUXTON MEETING"!

Flat spot/THRUXTON MEETING/Trackday -MR ABCDN

Dream Pack 1 & 2
    Track: Thruxton http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/thruxton.6192/

Jaguar XJ13 http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jaguar-xj13.11321/
    Honda S800 RSC http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/honda-s800-rsc.12999/
    Shelby Cobra 427SC
    Alfa Romeo GTA
    Lamborghini Miura S.V.
    Ford GT

Edit
    It shows up on http://ac.proracing.club/

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    Alexandr66 likes this.
  5. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

Same here, I will definitely pop in there and see what's going on :)

fr13del likes this.
  6. Alexandr66

Alexandr66 Hardcore Simmer

I'm searched using Content Manager - no good results. Strange..strange..

7. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  8. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Cheers! Excellent.

fr13del likes this.
  9. fr13del

fr13del Racer

So, the last 2 days i have take all the cars of the "THRUXTON MEETING" out for a ride, its a real nice track, i didn't knew it before and the cars are going nice in the sun - @mantasisg 2 's XJ13 sure has deserved the name Jaguar - Boy, what a beast!!!. Then there was a foggy session with about 15°c and i could barely hold them on the Track - thats the real fun!!! :D

So, here are my times:
    LINK

10. fr13del

fr13del Racer

So, here's a new round:

Trackday Nürburgring Sprint GT - 14.04. - 21.04.

Flat spot/Trackday -MR ABCDN

Nürburgring Sprint GT

BMW Z4
    FORD MUSTANG 2015
    LOTUS ELISE SC
    MASERATI LEVANTE
    PORSCHE MACAN

Have fun! :)

Cote Dazur likes this.
  11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I think more track day servers are a good idea,
    But I really don't get it, why you put them into
    MR ABCDN. I think it totally defies the idea behind it.
    I do not intend to get my rating ruined.
    I've seen too much D drivers to know I will avoid them like the plague. Even C is no fun most times.

Tomcul likes this.
  12. baboon

baboon Alien

Don't worry, for them to ruin your rating is almost impossible. Most CDN I've see on trackday servers are just friendly noobs and probably too insecure in race session, that's why they like to join a trackday I guess.

It's nice for them to have a place where they can practice and chat to learn with others :)

chksix and fr13del like this.
  13. fr13del

fr13del Racer

That's exactly my experience, even in full sessions i haven't seen stupid crashers yet. I had to ban 2 people and that was on Trento, while they blocked the pits. I check in regulary and read the chat-log - no problems.
    Most noobs and maybe crash-kids leave, cause dusty track and street-tyres. ;)
    Then there is 100% damage, have seen some guys blowin up their engines.
    Those guys leave pretty quick. Also the guy that notice he can not drive the yellowbird without abs forced. XD

So, when you run into trouble, please post it here, on steam, in my forum or even on Discord.

Edit
    If you take a look at the mentioned before THRUXTON MEETING - you need 2 dlc, 2 cars and the track. Thats too much for the average crasher... But of course, it's your decision, no problem. :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    baboon likes this.
  14. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Sooo, hello racers!

Next round is up:

Flat spot-Racing/Trackday -MR ABCDN

Trackday Highlands - 21.04. - 28.04.
    AUDI SPORT QUATTRO
    BMW M3 E30
    LAMBORGHINI MIURA SV
    RUF YELLOWBIRD
    SHELBY COBRA 427SC

Have fun!

PS:
    There is a test-server up, too - running the nords at this time but will be running mod-tracks in the future. -> Flat spot/TESTING/Trackday -MR ABCDN

Edit
    Results of the last trackday

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  15. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Wooooow, the last sale on AC brought chaos on the server - gladly i was often on-site. :)

This evening around 10pm german time the server will go offline for a swap and some other tweaking.

Maybe a second trackday (abc) with mod-tracks will start too.

chksix likes this.
  16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I wouldn't set up a server including D either. Also don't see a point.
    If a driver is that bad that he ends up in D, he can go to an empty server and recover to C.
    Don't see the need to do that on my server.

Actually I'm even thinking about changing from ABCN to ABN. Problem is that it's hard to judge how many of the crashes are down to C-graders and how many are down to N.
    (Assuming that AB is not the problem, here.)
    I think it's a good idea to keep the N, but on the other hand it shouldn't affect the rest of the people too much.
    From the server side, one shouldn't worry too much about the individual rating.
    Actually on a track day server it's very easy to evade a crash (and possibly crash on your own). Your lap will be ruined anyway.
    So if you care about your rating, that's the possible (individual) solution.

What is important to me (and I suspect it's the same for fr13del) is that the allowed grades do not take out the fun for others driving on the server.
    If you're AB, but experience that it is just close to impossible to have a blast on a track day server, then the server admin should really rethink the grades strategy.
    If however it is just like you have a bad situation every now and then due to a C or N grader (or in case of this server here, also D) and otherwise you can still enjoy it, then I think it's ok to include these grades.

After all, one important aspect of a track day server is the traffic. If you're only after hot lapping, you can also do that offline (I do that if I want to ensure that I can get clean/free laps).
    And even in reality, when on a track day, you have to expect bad situations due to misbehavior of others (or yourself).

fr13del and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  17. fr13del

fr13del Racer

This is a very valid point, since i've seen the chaos in the last 2-3 days. But i still will allow c. I'm not regulary racer - none of you hardly ever seen me in races - so sometimes i get a message about "archiving old seesions" and then i'm down to c again. 2 laps(or so) later i get the a or b-message. Few private races later i'm a again. Then i dont do races for weeks and again, archiving -> c. Should be more active in racing, but public is impossible and league = aliens. I'm pretty average and really dont like hour-long races. Gimme quick-races with 10 laps on short courses in an e30, miata, gt86 or stuff like this and i'm happy. :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for keeping it open for C. Not easy to find good servers when not being B or A.

fr13del likes this.
  19. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Server is offline for maintenance.

20. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Server is online again, with:

Trackday Mugello - 28.04. - 05.05.

Flat spot/Trackday -MR ABC

AUDI SPORT QUATTRO
    BMW 1M
    BMW M3 E30
    CORVETTE C7 STINGRAY
    FORD MUSTANG 2015
    RUF YELLOWBIRD
    SHELBY COBRA 427SC

It's ABC know, because of chaos. But i don't really want to kick out DN, maybe there will be something else... ;)