1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic TRANSITION TO PC GAMING ADVICE

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ngolokante7, May 27, 2017.

1. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

not really a 1060 will match or best a 980 on a vast number of games.

2. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@Brownninja97 That's with a reference 980 which most don't own. Someone with an aftermarket 980 have superior performance over a 1060 6GB.

The 1060 6GB is more inline with the 970 performance if you own the aftermarket version of the card for both.

bradleyland likes this.
  3. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Mobile users don't see signatures, and specs don't tell us what settings/resolution and frame rate he gets.

4. There is also an entire damn thread just for benchmarks. But go ahead and keep recommending GPU's that cost as much as his entire PC budget, super helpful to him.

5. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@Michael Hornbuckle There's no upgrade path once you purchase the CPU & motherboard. If he head for Ryzen 7 with 8 cores, there's no drawback in performance for many years, while I'm not so sure with a i7 7700K or even a I5.

Well he can't go with a Budget & head for the Ryzen 5 with 4 cores 4 threads. It's much cheaper than intel & perform about the same. It's upgradable, but kind of a waste of money. It's better to go straight with Ryzen 7 & forget it.

I favor productivity with a PC & it's much more fun having a computer that has minimal restriction while costing a tad bit more.

ngolokante7 likes this.
  6. bradleyland

Based on what I see in the benchmark thread, I think you'll be fine with an i5 & 1060 6GB. Obviously spending more will "future proof" the machine, but you will be able to run 1080p with those components.

ngolokante7 likes this.
  7. ngolokante7

ngolokante7 Rookie

Thanks for advice guys, some of you saying 1070's but can't afford that at the minute.

Before I say anything further my knowledge with graphics cards is not the best and also never gamed on a pc before ...

All I need the pc is for... Assetto corsa at 1080p which most have said the 1060 6gb can handle just fine but also seen a comment that said a gtx 770 is capable too, please could you give me more info, as all I really need it for is assetto corsa to run decent at 1080p and that is all(sorry for repeating myself a million times).

So a 1060 6gb will be just fine with an i5 but obvs i7 would be better, I am after the new gens, but also bearing in mind my price limit, just want to make sure I don't go and buy something that is **** lol, once again thanks for your help

Also want it cheap as possible so if a good amd chip can do what I want I will definitely prefer...

Edit: also could any of you recommend good cheapest possible places to get components ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  8. bradleyland

Good, fast, cheap. Pick any two, but you can't have all three.

Computer components are commodity priced, just like gasoline. If it's cheaper, it's because it's slower. The best thing to do is look for sales.

What country are you in? I like Newegg in the US.

Also, keep in mind that when you say "all I want is 1080p", you have to remember that the PC version of AC has many more graphics settings, like anti-aliasing, anisotropic-filtering, and graphics detail/effects. If you turn all these settings down, you can run 1080p no problem, but are you going to be satisfied with the image quality. Put another way, there is a lot more to image quality than resolution.

GPU benchmarks are plentiful. Go to GPU Boss and compare the 1060 6GB with other cards you're contemplating. That will give you a straight up factual answer.

I would not go AMD. Their single-threaded performance is not competitive with Intel right now, so they're selling CPUs with more cores to compensate. The problem is that performance does not scale linearly with number of cores. Not even close.

9. ngolokante7

ngolokante7 Rookie

I'm from UK mate, yeah I understand ..what sort of specs would you recommend for the £700 or $900 mark ?

Please could I have some more recommendations on specs for the price range of £700, thanks in advance

I came here confused and I think I'm just a little more confused haha, but advice is always helpful

10. bradleyland

I'd have to do a build to figure out the total price, but I'm on mobile at the moment (flying home from Hawaii, actually), so that'd be tough. If your budget is firm, then check benchmarks on GPU and CPU, prioritizing GPU (as far as $$ spent). Just recognize that you may have to compromise on your graphics settings to get a solid frame rate at 1920x1080.

ngolokante7 likes this.
  11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Ah I see.. the i5 in UK is about the same price as the Ryzen 5 1600. The Ryzen 5 1600 is faster than the i5 since it has 2 more cores which is much better for general purpose. The performance per core is very minimal in comparison to the i5.

I don't understand why you insist to stick with intel mainstream processor, they're basically a waste of money currently.

@bradleyland The difference per core is very minimal between the i5 7600 & Ryzen 1600. Why would you bother for 5fps of difference at over 100fps at games that aren't heavily multithreaded.

EDIT: Like if anyone can get massive framerate out of the 1060, the CPU is basically idling.

12. He isn't spending half his budget on just the CPU, that is just dumb. You like AMD, we get it, good for you but he isn't going to be able to build a high end gaming pc (from the ground up) for the $600-$800 he has available to spend.

@ngolokante7 See what is available on GumTree for your budget and lists the specs here please.

13. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@Michael Hornbuckle The Ryzen 5 1600 is about the same price or slightly cheaper than the i5. It have similar performance in gaming than the i7 7700K & it outperform it for productivity.

For Assetto Corsa there will be no difference in performance between i5 & a Ryzen 5 as the GTX 1060 will bottleneck at higher graphic setting.

Ah there's a test online with AC.(probably have reflection animation turned off)

14. BFD!!!!!

None of that has anything to do with a guy that is simply trying to get a pc that will run AC at decent settings for less than $800. If the OP comes back and says that he really has $1200 to spend then that will be the time to debate which $320 CPU he should buy.

Also keep in mind that he isn't trying to play Far Cry 5 in VR, he simply wants comparable/better performance in AC than he currently has on Console.

15. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

If you google budget gaming pc builds you will find a bunch of sites that list the parts and where to buy them. Amazon is usually really competitive with newegg but the sites usually have links to the best prices at the time. It should make it pretty easy to do what you want and give some comparison to slightly different price range builds and where you may be able to save a little or spend a little more for better performance.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  16. ngolokante7

ngolokante7 Rookie

Right from my price range I have found...

i5 7500, 8gb ddr4 ram, gtx 1060 6gb, 1tb which is £620

i7 7700, 8gb ddr4 ram, gtx 1060 6gb, 120ssd Which is £730

i7 7700k, 16gb ddr4, gtx 1060 6gb, 2tb, which is £799 - slightly pushing my limit but I'd rather spend a little more if its much worth it - but this is max price, no higher !

If anyone has any other alternatives, please feel free to let me know :)

Edit: I will most definitely build myself if it can be a little cheaper, this is just for specs purposes of my price range

bradleyland likes this.
  17. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

18. There you go, buy it. Done.

bradleyland, morpwr69 and MrDeap like this.
  19. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Note: I include windows 10 oem. I'm against cracked OS as they are already quite affordable & cheap in my opinion.

The minimum setup I can stand(hassle free, won't complain about lacking of performance for a good 4 years):
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...configurator-fs-1aj-og.html#t=b8c5d,e17f1j3l5
    On a budget(hard drive will probably fail within 2 years):
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...c-configurator-fs-1aj-og.html#t=c1e17f1h*j6l@

If you stick with a 1060 on the budget & the hard drive will still fail within 2 years:
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...pc-configurator-fs-1aj-og.html#t=c1e)f1h*j6l@

20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I didn't read the whole thread so repetitions might occur. Since OP wants a cheap PC able to run AC at 1080p with good visuals and FPS, he should go for a 2nd hand rig consisting of a mobo/CPU/RAM combo with a 4th gen i5. On top of it, a quality PSU and a 970 or an RX480.
    This will do the trick of pulling steady 60 with high gfx settings.

An option worth considering is to get a SLI/xFire mobo to have the option of a second GPU. Especially xFire 480s have mad performance.

ngolokante7 likes this.