1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tyre management

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by WallyM, Mar 4, 2018.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

An implementation of tyre management, e.g. a limited number of sets of tyres for an event, would add a pretty cool level of strategy, where you might have to start the race on the same set of tyres used for qualifying, for example. NetKar already had something vaguely approaching this, where tyres were only changed if you explicitly did it in pits, but there was no limit on the number of times you could change tyres.

Epistolarius, Stepy, Ben Lee and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Question about tyre management Dec 23, 2019
    ACC Blog Race weekend tyre sets management, pitstop strategy and fuel load testing Jun 3, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Tyre Management Aug 31, 2018
    Suggestions Add a tyres management feature Jan 1, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Where is the tire.ini [tyre.ini] file in AC [not Competizione]? Nov 5, 2023
    Chit Chat Room How do I adjust tire [tyre] grip? Nov 5, 2023
    ACC User Interface warnings and tyres type on times table Nov 3, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.7.2 tyre temperature Aug 23, 2023
    ACC User Interface Tyre Pressure Bars not working correctly for dry tyres after 1.9 patch Jul 7, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre Physics settings ( PIRELLI 265/645-18 DH, DHB, WH ) Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Physics Wet tyres puncturing a lot? (Ferrari challenge evo) May 26, 2023
    ACC Physics v1.9 Tyre grip falls off a cliff May 1, 2023
    ACC Physics Tyre pressure range for GT4 & wets? Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Physics v1.9 Hot Tyre Temps Apr 24, 2023

3. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

This could be a really game changer.

This option is on codemasters f1 titles, and this alone add a sense on immersion unbelievable, other that a race approatch totally different.

Definly, imho a feature on pair to racing flags or a good physics for example.

4. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

What are the blancpain rules about tires ?

5. digitizer

digitizer Hardcore Simmer

6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Here is one example (2016).

Different length events have different rules.

7. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Actually I'm quite happy the 2018 rules are simpler. Still BP is like 3 different racing series into a single one.

8. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I like this idea, gives you the immersion of driving with real tires and not with infinite virtual ones.

TheBoss likes this.
  9. chuky

chuky Alien

It would also be useful to be able to reuse old tyres just for practising long races. When you make changes to your setup you get fresh tyres but if you could reuse old tyres (and maybe duplicate them) you could practise the end of the stint when there's not much grip, rather than always practising the beginning when there's a lot of grip.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  10. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

Sounds like a feature that won't be real popular amongst anyone but the hardcore players but on the other hand, probably not too difficult to implement. Would probably significantly add to the immersion for anyone simulating a full racing season with full length events and full practice and qualifying.

11. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Limiting tires would be a great feature for Leagues, not read the rules myself but if there is a Limit then I hope it makes it into the game at some point as it's something I'd even use Offline...if the AI do the same that is!

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The 2018 sporting regs aren't available to the public yet iirc (not on racb.com at least), so we can only go by 2017 regs so far.

Happy if that's a confirmation that implementing tyre allocations/limits as detailed in the regs is in the plans... Would seem to me like a hugely influential part of race strategies, Blancpain races and endurance racing in general.