1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tyre, water, brake temps

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Rickredrick, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Is there any way for me to tell if my tyres, water, or brakes are overheating while I'm driving?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Where is the tire.ini [tyre.ini] file in AC [not Competizione]? Nov 5, 2023
    Chit Chat Room How do I adjust tire [tyre] grip? Nov 5, 2023
    ACC User Interface warnings and tyres type on times table Nov 3, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.7.2 tyre temperature Aug 23, 2023
    ACC User Interface Tyre Pressure Bars not working correctly for dry tyres after 1.9 patch Jul 7, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre Physics settings ( PIRELLI 265/645-18 DH, DHB, WH ) Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Physics Wet tyres puncturing a lot? (Ferrari challenge evo) May 26, 2023
    ACC Physics v1.9 Tyre grip falls off a cliff May 1, 2023
    ACC Physics Tyre pressure range for GT4 & wets? Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Physics v1.9 Hot Tyre Temps Apr 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions tyre pressure Mar 3, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Simhub does not display tyre inner middle and outer temp Jan 14, 2023
    ACC Physics Indianapolis - potentially wrong tyres in wet Oct 12, 2022

3. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Nope.

4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Water is not simulated, brake temps are not yet implemented in the console version - that will come with release of the Red Pack DLC.
    For tire temps there is a neat little app, that should also be implemented soon(TM) for the console versions along the way.

5. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Brake temps are coming with the redpack you say....

6. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Yeah they are. He just didn't mention for how many cars and the answer is 3.
    Maserati MC GT4, Maserati Levante and Ferrari 488 GT3.

7. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Maybe even a few more, we don't know when brake temps will be implemented to other cars on PC side.

8. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Is this Red Pack DLC something we will have to pay extra for? And does your answer mean the console version is or will be able to communicate with third party apps?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Potentially yes.. But i dont think the cars you have now wont eventually get brake temps modeled propperly.

I dont know why your disc brakes just come on and off like a light bulb. They dont on pc.

Rickredrick likes this.
  10. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

They don't on real cars either.

ChrisR likes this.
  11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

We know that eventually they will be implemented on most (maybe even all?) cars, but that will take some time. Right now brake temps are simulated in those 3 cars that I mentioned and they called it "experimental" so they probably do some further tweaks.
    I saw a post that new cars that got released on PC couple days ago also don't have brake temps, so still it's just 3 cars with brake temps at the moment.

12. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Or, as I said, on real cars.

We were told we would get every feature that was already available on the PC. It's PBugs all over again, only with fewer features to malfunction. Also invisible meter-boards- but that's another thing.

13. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Lol ....a car sim and it doesn't simulate water temps or brake temps and now we have to pay extra for brakes to heat up on 3 cars ??? I'm gob smacked
    Also for the guy saying you don't get tyre temp readouts on real cars ....no mate , you have a pit engineer , you can also feel what the car is doing and in a real car you can cook the brakes and boil the engine .
    I love the handling physics on this game but I'm really struggling to understand how basic features of a racing sim are missing.
    I've given up playing online now as its impossible to get a clean race .
    If we ever get private lobbies.... now I realize there's no replay of the race , so there goes a chance for race stewards to decide on incidents.
    So much is missing from this game it really is unbelievable....such a shame as it has such potential....dissapointed

14. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Your last line is so precisely what's been said hundreds of times about a certain other game that started as a "Project" (which we were supposed to pay for) and ends most often now with "Bugs". And "gob smacked" is the perfect phrase for so many of us the morning after the game came out that was supposed to show PBugs the door.
    BTW I'm the guy that said, "you don't get it on real cars" but I didn't mean tyre temp readouts. I meant you don't get "disc brakes coming on and off like a light bulb" in real cars.

Regards, -Rick

Maxx69 likes this.
  15. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Of course, and I hope so. What I meant was that we don't know if there will be more than 3 cars with brake temps implemented by the time this feature gets ported to consoles :)

V8_KB likes this.
  16. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Apologies if my tone may have seemed a little less than friendly .....I'd just been rammed off for the last time in this game .
    Decided to just use as a single player game until hopefully the lobbies change .
    As for "the other game " delete the game and save files in cloud .
    (You keep any setups for cars /wheel, this won't disappear )
    So get rid of everything to do with the game from everywhere and reinstall.....don't seem to get any bugs now :)

17. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Your tone was friendly enough. If you can't do friendly and angry at the same time you're not human. Anyhow thank you VERY much for the tip re the reinstall! I'm going for it right now.

Sincere regards, -Rick

18. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Be sure to delete from the cloud also . First time I didn't and it was that , that was corrupted .
    When I tried to reinstall it wouldn't recognize the disk until I deleted it
    It's also worth rebuilding the database .
    No problem Rick :)

19. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Can we just be clear.. Your not paying for brake temps etc.. Your paying for cars which happen to have the brake and water temps already implemented.,

Remember, cars are individually put together, some cars were on different tyre models for a time, in this case brake temps have slowly been put onto cars just to make sure its working as intended.. Eventually we will have brake temps etc on all the cars. :)

20. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

They way that Kunos do things is usually if a car that has been licenced has a special feature like AWD, a special suspension setup or Rear Axle Steering it gets implemented into the engine code for that car to use, und for all subsequent cars that use the same feature. General features like brake temps or new tire models are implemented into a few - usually newly released - cars at first, to see how it works out. It then gets tweaked and improved, and spread out across the content as time permits. Big new updates, the "version jumps", are usually released in tandem with the realease of a new, optional content DLC.

So the code for brake temps, the new tire models etc will all be there for everyone. The updates to the engine and features are free for all. So even if you don't buy the Red Pack, which contains the first cars with brake temps, you will have them none the less and will get to use them as soon as they're implemented in a car you do own.

Maxx69 likes this.
  21. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Well, even if the player can't see them, are there in the game somewhere tyre, brake, water, oil temps being kept track of?. Is it possible to overheat tyre or brakes, or blow an engine. Do tyres even ever wear? Or can they be damaged (flat-spotted) by the wheels locking? This was advertised as the most accurate simulator...