1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tyre, water, brake temps

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Rickredrick, Aug 31, 2016.

1. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Tyres grain and blister.. They also have flatspots and you can feel the flatspots in the ffb.

Just check youtube for vids.

2. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

And this is on the PS4 version? Can't find youtube examples of that yet but it's early days and I take your word for it. But I don't see how the driver or tuner can avoid it with no telemetry whatever. The sound doesn't help. The brakes squeal to the lightest feathering even with ABS turned on!

3. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Ya on ps4 you can flat spot there's an indicator that flashes up in the shape of a car for damage etc when you lock a wheel you will notice a yellow spot coming on the tyre you lock. Or you can stop the car and drive slowly any you'll feel the flat spots through your steering wheel..

4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Tire temps & damage are there on consoles as on PC, but I know for now you're missing the UI element to display them. Brake temps are on their early stages on PC, but will come to consoles eventually. Engine Damage is possible, if you overrev the engine in cars that permit that. Also transmission damage. Water/Oil temps/pressure are not in the game as far as I know, but maybe they'll be implemented. That's the thing with a Sim, features may get implemented at a later date, you never know.

Fahim likes this.
  5. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

I hope they can add some of it in the future the driving is brilliant but the cars need more features.. Over heating is a big part of racing be it brakes engine or tyres.

6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I too would like more engine simulation, fluids and engine stall :)

Tomcul likes this.
  7. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I dont know. I dont have a ps4.

8. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Your trying to convert the converted.

Its been discussed a 1000 times!

I managed to finally convine them to add flashing lights from one button press and that was like pulling teeth..

My next hope is that the brakes will glow depending on temp..

Tomcul likes this.
  9. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Nice work!! Proper light flash sequence in gt3/lmp cars is a must have too!
    Im lookin forward to see how far they take the game with patches..

10. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Thanks! I see the car. Was getting red spots on fronts so fixed brake bias. Now just the white car when I lock wheels. No yellow spots though. Using a bloody controller, have to be very light on the brakes.
    Thanks again, -Rick

Tomcul likes this.
  11. Johann N

Johann N Rookie

It would be nice to see damages with a push on a button. Maybe with the one for the HUD. I cant look fast enogh in a race or in a corner to see the one-second picture thats popping up and locate in this moment the "error".

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Water is simulated, even if simplified.

13. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Yes, I realized that yesterday evening on the Ferrari FXX K. Water temp goes up when you rev the engine. I like that.
    Do you know if it affects anything, or even if it is affected by ambience temperatures?

14. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Unless they changed it in 1.8 and didn't include in the changelog for whatever reason, water temp is just visual without impact on physics.

15. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

You can enter an empty online lobby and invite friends.

16. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Yes I'm aware of that , but you can't make the lobby how you'd like with your own set practice, quali and race length on a track you want to race in a car/class of your choice and most importantly you can't stop it getting filled with idiots whose only purpose is to destroy everyone's race or just simply to bump their way to the front .
    Until this happens its a single player game for me .
    I've tried multi-player as it is and it's just a free for all banger racing event .
    I run a clean race forum/community and unfortunately the only game on console possible for this is pcars . Had high hopes with AC and still do , if the devs manage to pull this off it would catapult this game to our go to game .

Johann N likes this.
  17. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

If you had those experiences I can understand. For me online racing was entirely positive so far, on Nordschleife that is.

18. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Really ? Maybe , either I have been very unlucky or I'm just used to a higher standard of driving .
    People ramming, waiting on the apex to cause crashes , lapped cars not letting you past , cars stopped sideways across the track , brake checking the list goes on .
    For every clean racer there's another 10 dirty ones .

19. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

No idea, maybe I've been lucky. I did have cars crash in front of me or other drivers refusing to let me pass for a while but that's about it

20. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

We've given up even trying , which is a real shame , but there's just too much missing on AC at the moment to be able to run serious league races .
    With a few improvements this game could be epic , the physics are excellent .
    Anyone on PS4 looking for a good bunch of guys and clean racing feel free to join us PSN Maxx69
    http://marmiteracingcommunity.enjin.com/forum