1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ultimate monitor setup for AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by DPRdave, Dec 30, 2017.

1. DPRdave

DPRdave Rookie

I have a GeForce gtx 1080 graphics card and am looking for the ultimate triple screen setup whilst using AC for mainly hot lapping.

I am thinking:

3x 27”
    Bezel less monitors (or virtually bezel less)
    G-Sync ready?
    1/2 msec response

Can anyone Provide some advice as to what current technology would provide the ultimate setup?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Running AC Ultimate edition on PS4 Oct 18, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Upgrade to AC ultimate edition with csp and sol Jan 5, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Asseto Corsa Ultimate Edition on PlayStation Sep 24, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Heusinkveld Ultimate + Aug 18, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting The ultimate tweak compilation (smooth graphics, prevent stutter, frame drops) Jul 12, 2021
    Console Lounge Missing special events on xbox one version Assetto Corsa Ultimate May 4, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #145 – The Ultimate Driving Machine Sep 8, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Can´t shift with my Xbox One - Razer Wolverine Ultimate Controller. Jul 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Buying all DLC as existing owner costs more than Ultimate Edition Jun 26, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Ultimate in Xbox ONEs Jun 24, 2019
    XBox One Discussions No official Microsoft seal on Ultimate Edition for Xbox One? May 2, 2019
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Bying ultimate edition when standard edition is already installed Jan 3, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Buying Ultimate Edition if you already own the base game Nov 9, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't upgrade to "ultimate edition", have to buy game separately. Sep 24, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't upgrade to Ultimate bundle on Steam Jul 3, 2018

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

And you've ruled out VR?
    Just saying, that if only for hotlapping, you can crank the settings pretty high, superscaling too though still maintaining 90fps, depending on your cpu. If you haven't tried AC in VR at that level, you haven't tried it fo' real :)
    For me, as an ex-triplescreen user, it's by far the best thing I've done in terms of getting as "real" trackday experience as possible, next to getting better FFB hardware. For hotlapping, you'd appreciate the depth, 1:1 size and just plain immersion. You'll learn the track at a new level, even though you've lapped it hundreds of times on monitor(s).

Cote Dazur likes this.
  4. DPRdave

DPRdave Rookie

I have tried VR, for me the main problem is motion sickness so unfortunately rules this out.

And it won’t just be me using the system so others may experience the same thing.

5. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

As for VR, did you just try a couple of times or did you try to train your brain giving it at least 10-20 racing hours?
    I felt a bit dizzy at first but after 10h it was totally gone and now it feels natural. But I know, for some people it does not work, naturally.

Cant help you on your tripples, should be plenty of folks around here that can.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  6. Torcano

Torcano Alien

What is your budget though. You say "ultimate" but a good 1440p GSync 27 inch IPS monitor will chew a hole through your pocket, much less three.

Honestly, if your main hobby is simulators then the ultimate sim racing triples rig would be three 21:9 form factor 34 inch monitors with a high 120-144Hz refresh rate. Plus a 1080 can easily drive three 2560x1080 res monitors all day at 100+ Hz refresh rates.

Like for example these monitors -

LG34UC79G-B https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LW5CGIS/ref=psdc_1292115011_t2_B0765CXH2Z at 699$ a piece (without discounts, 599 with discount) are fairly expensive.

or

Viotek GN35LD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0765CXH2Z/ref=psdc_1292115011_t1_B01LW5CGIS?th=1 at 499$ if you want a similar option at a budget price

But if you really just want three conventional 27 inch 16:9 form factor monitors, you could just get either the new ASUS ROG Swift or Acer Predator, both are 1440p monitors with G-Sync. Can't go wrong with either of those as they are probably the best 16:9 monitors on the market right now. They run at 165Hz for the ASUS and 144Hz for the Acer I think. The non IPS variants of these two monitors cost the same as the 21:9 monitors linked above, but the IPS panel variants will be around the 799$ mark.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  7. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

Hi Dave,

this is just a personal thought, but since months i upgraded to triples ; 3X asus mg279q 27 inch , after setting up it up correctly, laptimes are getting better and more immersive whilst racing others; still not 100% sure if all is correct but when your racing next to another driver still not easy to see where he is, but you can fight (race) much better overall, depending on the car and fov, my current setup is distance to middle screen about 70 cm and screen angle 48 degrees, also im wearing glasses so i adjust always with the seat the position of the car so i see enough off the track and sideways so i if everything in my sight while racing
    so if the budget is big enough i while even say go bigger than 27 inch to see even more information
    no matter what but you will love it and also coming home and seeing your tripple setup your here it screaming to play with it :p
    daily use also improved while using it for work or other games

hardware related : strong cpu to feed your 1080 gtx , i got an old cpu i7 3770 clocked to 4.1 ghz and a gtx 1070 : most settings on maxed and even refelection rendering on 3 cubes , this setting was for me the msot important has the moment you set this up , the cars don't look "cartoony" anymore
    but i limited my game to half adaptive sync so i run the gun at a stable 72 fps, with ai im limited to race against 10 opponents, online i can race in servers with 24 players with a stable 72 fps
    hotlapping and training : my gtx is running all the time at 99% and cpu about 30% : without sync i got about 95 frames but than i notice a little tearing and all is not smooth enough
    driving against 10 ai : gtx running at 99% and cpu goes up to 90% but still 95 fps but dropping all the time
    online 24 players : gtx running at 99% and cpu 75% but also fps drops from 95 to lower

but thats due my hardware ; looking into a I7 8700K to feed the gtx 1070 and while have a better performance overall : but the prices for the cpu and ram are at the moment to high here in Belgium; so im watching it out when the prices are better...

overall the upgrade to triples is awesome :)

Regards

8. Torcano

Torcano Alien

@_Fulgore_ Yours are great 27 inch monitors but they are ~600$ (correct me if I'm mistaken), at that price range since we are gonna be skipping G-Sync anyway so personally I'd rather just go with three 500$ 35 inch Vioteks and save some money plus get a ton more screen space, plus given that 2560x1080 is a bit easier to run than your 2560x1440, more framerates too as a bonus. :D

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

Sometime in the future I would like to have two more 21:9 monitors, they would look spectacular. Once you try a 21:9 you kind of don't want to go back to those little 16:9 screens. Whatever you buy you will love the view. A Happy and fruitful New Year to you and yours.

LeDude83 likes this.
  10. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

yes your correct at the price and acutally all the fault off Assetto :D that i upgraded to 3 monitors , i bought a year ago just 1 monitor, has the mine was broken, but started to play more and more Assetto and they didn't sell the monitors anymore, and i wanted the 3 same monitors, has i read many issues with different monitors in setup, colors and all the rest... so ended up to buy fast the last 2 monitors they had in stock :D...normally that money was for the new pc upgrade ...but ended all well cause in the summer i had than normally a quad core 7700K and can now go for a 6 core, me like =D

and that will be cool triple 35 inch monitors :D

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

$1500 for monitors when a rift can be had for what, $400 or so? Sure you don’t want to try adapting to it? Does take a good few hours (I’d say 20 is about right)

Tberg likes this.
  12. DPRdave

DPRdave Rookie

Many thanks for the detailed reply. I do like the look of the 21:9's. A couple of questions - will 3x 21:9 form monitors work well with AC? Also G-Sync, it this worth focusing on, not entirely sure what this means. Obviously the video card I have supports it.

Curved - how well does this work with AC vs flat?

The monitors will be placed around 34-36 in away from me.

Cheers
    David

13. DPRdave

DPRdave Rookie

Yep I haven’t done enough hrs with the rift to be fair, so I may keep trying...

Serge M likes this.
  14. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Yes, triple 21:9s will work just fine with AC with no issues. G-Sync is an NVIDIA proprietary tech thingy that allows the monitor to vary its refresh rate to stay in sync with the frames that the GPU is outputting at any given moment, by doing so it eliminates screen tearing and visibly smooths out any jittery-ness caused by uneven framerates. It is a good piece of kit but to me it is not worth the 100-150$ price premium over a non G-Sync monitor in the current market, but some people swear by it. I personally wouldn't bother, unless you got loads of cash to chuck around.

The only thing to me that really matters is the panel type, IPS or TN. IPS (In-Plane Switching) is, in a general sense, the better color reproducing panel offering better viewing angles but lacks high refresh rates and low response times. A TN (Twisted Nematic) offers much higher refresh rates and lower response times, but sub-par color quality and even worse viewing angles. If it were a couple years ago you'd have to choose between one or the other based on what you prefer - accurate colors or fast response times, but nowadays IPS panels are basically TN panels on steroids because they are just as responsive as TN ones. That's why IPS monitors are generally a bit more expensive than their TN counterparts, but the price difference here to me is worth it simply for the more accurate color reproduction. I currently run an IPS 4k panel as my main monitor with a TN 1440p as my secondary and the TN's colors look beyond garbage when sitting right next to the IPS one even after I calibrated both of them to be as accurate as they can possibly be. :)

15. DPRdave

DPRdave Rookie

Many thanks - great info!

I'm looking through some options now. What minimum refresh and response rate would be suitable? and also what would you put as a higher priority of importance?

Cheers,
    David.

16. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Minimum refresh rates for high refresh rates monitors nowadays starts usually at 100 Hz, so anything from and beyond 100 (that'd be 120 Hz, 144 Hz etc.) is going to be miles better than the bog standard 60. Also manufacturers tend to mislead you by giving the monitor's response time numbers instead of input lag. Input lag numbers are the actual important bits that they for some reason try to hide from the consumer. Response time numbers have nothing to do with input lag, but with how quickly the screen's pixels can change colors. It determines the amount of blurriness and ghosting/smearing of the image when in motion. For example, in the LG monitor that I linked in my first post, the manufacturer says the response time is 1 milli second but the all important input latency is ~28 ms which is published no where. 28 ms is great for an IPS panel running at such a high refresh rate, but an uninformed person might think that 1 ms is the actual input latency. In reality, there are no monitors (as far as I know of) that have 1 ms input latency, even old school CRT monitors which are instantaneous have a bit of a lag to them, even the best LCDs have around 10-20 ms of input latency.

That said, as much as I hate "gaming" branded stuff, most "gaming" oriented monitors tend to be pretty solid when it comes to input lag and response times, so it is generally not something you even have to really give much thought to before a purchase these days. Any good high refresh rate monitor will usually have a good input lag and response time accompanying it anyway. :)

Just for your future reference, I'll leave this link for a website with input lag numbers since manufacturers would rather you not know these numbers -

https://displaylag.com/display-database/

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    paul_wev and WallyM like this.
  17. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

paul_wev likes this.
  18. DPRdave

DPRdave Rookie

Ok- So ideally I would like to find a 32” as three at the correct angles will fit the room nicely but I can’t find any good spec 32” with g sync. So may have to go with:

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27 inch WQHD Gaming Monitor (2560 x 1440, IPS, up to 165 Hz, DP, HDMI, USB 3.0, G-Sync) - Black

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017EVR2VM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_n.msAb8VAW5Y0

What do you think? Lag looks good etc.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  19. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Yup, those are pretty much the best 27 inch monitors around. If you have the cash for 3 of them then by all means, you won't go wrong with them.