1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unigine Superposition Benchmark - VR Support

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Blamer, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Unigine relased its Superposition benchmark, a "Brand new GPU stress-testing tool from UNIGINE. It also features interactive VR experience with support for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive."

https://unigine.com/en/products/benchmarks/superposition

Here's my benchmark (VR Optimum) with a 4670k@4.4Ghz and a MSI Gtx 1060 OC
    my fps avg is 140.65
    Superposition_Benchmark_v1.0_18805_1492506393.png

Post yours if you wanted to

baboon and colombianomd like this.
  2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Great, the download took 30 minutes with my potato connection and when it was done the installation was corrupt. Will give it another try.

3. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

2500k @ 4.6GHz
    [​IMG]
    I did two tests in a row because i forgot to print the first one. I dont think that should make the results any different though.

5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Lol who makes a benchmark where there is a maximum score limit, just takes all the fun out of it!

I presume you can run it without an HMD connected?

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yes, the test is done with your regular monitor.

7. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

For science I'll add my results (with the CPU actually @4.4Ghz):

Capture.JPG

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Looks like your CPU holding your card back quite a bit on that test.

9. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

Yes, that is true, the CPU is definately my bottleneck. On the other hand, performance is still good enough, so I'm not going to invest a lot of money in a new cpu/motherboard/memory now.

10. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Yes, you got the score I got with a 1060.
    I was about to upgrade to a 1070 too, but now I'm not sure if the CPU would bottleneck it

11. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

4790k @ 4.7...interesting how the 2X00k CPUs have a big drop off
    Capture.JPG

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think its because its I5. A 26/2700k would probably do alot better.

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I am looking at the result in the thread and I don't understand how you came to that conclusion, can you help me understand?

14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

He have the same cpu as me and a much better gpu, his average fps doesnt show that much difference. Look at Whipdiddywhip's results with a better cpu and the same card, look at average fps.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

ops, double

16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you, you made an educated guess, you are much better than me with those things, for giggle I will make a test as well.

17. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

All that being said and true, and the CPU is definitely the first thing I will upgrade when the time/money is right, I still love my trusty old 2500k and will put it in a little shrine when it gets retired. Ive had it for 6 years now, and it still gets the job done. No plans to change it anytime soon. Actually I'm tempted to see if I can make it last 10 years :)

18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Looking forward to the test!
    I will order a 1600 as soon as i get my brackets for the cooler, im curious to see how that will affect my results.

i wont totally give up on the trusted 2500k though, it have served me well so it will have something to do until it dies. The least it will do is hanging on the wall next to the family portrait.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    chksix and MarcM like this.
  19. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

Oh I don't know...I haven't seen 2700ks that much. 6 years is a pretty good run...on that investment.

In some reviews they include the 2600K which usually shows a ~20% drop from the 4790K (see source below). The difference between the 4790 and the 6700/7700ks didn't seem as big (sometimes even on par). In this Unigine Benchmark it seems as if @Whipdiddywhip's CPU could be matched and even surpassed (6%) by a OC 4790K. In @MarcM's case it's almost a 40% drop in frames which is almost a whole GPU generation. But good to know that I can still get several more years out of my 2 year old CPU.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

gamernexus actually did a revisit of 2600k a week ago if you interested about the result. Its a impressive CPU to say the least:

When overclocked, the results are nice!

colombianomd likes this.