1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, May 18, 2017.

1. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Normally I am so excited to try the new cars I fly right through them. Not this time. I've been trying to give a good amount of time to each car before I move on to another. All of the cars are great...as expected, but a few really shine for me right now. The Audi TT RS (VLN) is just awesome. I'm sure I'll be creating a Championship with this car as a single-make series. The sounds are superb too and that leads me into the Maserati MC12 GT1. I just finished my very first session with it about 30 minutes ago. Wow! There are these little sounds that I can't even fully identify that really makes me feel like I'm sitting in a real race car. I think everybody on the Assetto Corsa team should be commended for the excellent work they put into this sim, but the sounds really keep getting better and better. I'd love to see how Luca builds a car's sound file...the layering of these sounds so the proper noises are being heard and not being drowned out by 3 other sounds that I'm hearing at the same time. It really must be awesome to see it come together.

I have one car left. Only the Audi R8 LMS (2016) remains untouched. I don't think I can resist driving it very soon. A few more dozen laps in the Maserati MC12 GT1 though... :cool:

2. grat

grat Simracer

Well, there is some known case of east and west being inverted in the sense of sun position (see Monza and Imola, at least until a few months ago... I opened a thread about it, but did not seem to interest many people) so I would take any attempt to match wind to real life with a grain of salt.

3. petesky

petesky Simracer

AI hugely improved however still seem to defy physics?

4. Davemester

Davemester Racer

yes they are still very good recovering after a hit. unrealistically good. but I found that before the update it was almost impossible to knock them out, now its more plausible, so its more beliveable.

I for one usually cant catch the car, when I bumps someone mid-corner.

petesky likes this.
  5. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

A quick search of Google maps shows this is false.

nate and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

maybe he meant, that each track in the world has at least one straight facing approximately north;)

7. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Nice new kerbs on Imola.

8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Leonardo Ratafia and V8_KB like this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The wind indicator in the menu seems to always show the wind direction related to the world orientation.

The wind indicator in the 'Realtime' app is relative to the car.

So it looks like the tracks are orientated correctly compared to the real world orientation.

10. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Still not really true. I just looked at Silverstone, Spa, and Nurburgring on Google Maps and none of them have a straight that faces approximately north.

11. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

The two launch P1 GTR's don't have the mclaren logo or symbol at front of hood.

Customer P1 GTR's some of them have it some not.

Some went for mclaren spelled out some went with the symbol.

Lol maybe weight saving move by McLaren saving that 5 grams.

Robin_NL likes this.
  12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im amazed you checked as it was clearly a joke, hence the illuminati reference also. ;)

Not necessarily they are oriented correctly but its clear that the pit wind indicator is as you said related to compass directions.

matz_AUT likes this.
  13. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

Thanks for the auto save feature. This is so convenient since I can decide what races to save or delete without worrying about turning a setting on or off before going into a race.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  14. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

Is the wind going the direction of the white or grey part of the arrow in the realtime app?

15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Iirc the white side pointing upwards = wind from behind, downwards = wind from the front

Jack Bancroft likes this.
  16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

F138, highest wing settings for max. drag.

Watch the red LED on the left side that indicates open DRS.

17. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

After a long time some AC-related stuff at Steam-News: ;)

[​IMG]

ShimonART, nate, Dookie and 2 others like this.
  18. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Agree there is still many things that can be improved but it is not real life we drive & i think having real physics for each car may be super resource heavy for multiple cars, they will only ever try to trick us into thinking they are humans driving in same conditions. maybe they can refine it & produce more convincing illusions but for now maybe we have to accept these things?

19. Same physics, super human reflexes along with built in stability control/traction control (when needed; not always active)

mms likes this.
  20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Is there any way to get the old replay format back with one big, single file over multiple session?

There was a wrecker in T1 that got kicked, I restarted the race and wanted to watch the replay to see if it was intentional wrecking or the guy just messed up big time. Intentional would mean a long or permanent ban, but the last replay file only contains the part after the restart and the replay file before that session crashes while loading.

I would really like to have a multiple session replay to re-watch for admin purposes.