1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

V1.3.4. tyre model fine tuning on gt cars and more.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hi guys.
    As I've said on my previous post, the new V5 tyre model has some quite big changes that you have already tried by now, one of them being the new heating model. The model is young and has great potential so we're still working on fine tuning and improvements.

Version 1.3.4, which is imminent, brings some of those improvements. GT2 and GT3 cars (plus the drift street cars) have some new values on their heating model. The end result is that while the surface temperatures are still very variable during a lap, the core temperatures are much much more stable in their temperatures. We think the end result is very realistic and exciting to drive.
    You will need even more time to heat up the core temperatures. Maybe 2 to 3 laps depending on the combination of track, car and driving style. The core temperatures will go up steadily but slowly and will also cool down slowly.

You won't be able to overheat the core temperatures as easy as before, but their temperatures follow a trend from your driving style and surface temperatures. This means that if you keep overdriving your tyres the surface temperatures will of course overheat, but the core temperatures will start to raise steadily and it won't be easy to cool them down instantly. Every change in their trend needs at least half a lap to be inverted. So for example you can't just drive smoothly for a turn and have the tyres back again in operational temperature. You need to do so for at least half a lap or even much more, depending when you realized the overheating arrived.
    The good news is that the core temperatures keep the tyre pressure more stable now, so yes you will have grip variations during a lap because of the surface temps, but you won't have as big footprint variations because of the highly unstable tyre pressures that you had until now.

Furthermore we fine tuned the rolling resistance from the tyres and also changed the wheel power figures as we have found some discrepancies in our model and from some new data we got from the manufacturers in terms of power dissipation. You will now be able to achieve higher top speeds and you might need some longer braking distances or even brake a bit on some turns that until now were usually flat out.

As I said, all changes are for the GT2 and GT3 tyres.
    Street, vintage and single seater slick tyres will follow.
    Thank you for your patience, we really try hard to improve and update as many tyres as fast as possible.

Have fun!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Where is the tire.ini [tyre.ini] file in AC [not Competizione]? Nov 5, 2023
    Chit Chat Room How do I adjust tire [tyre] grip? Nov 5, 2023
    ACC User Interface warnings and tyres type on times table Nov 3, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.7.2 tyre temperature Aug 23, 2023
    ACC User Interface Tyre Pressure Bars not working correctly for dry tyres after 1.9 patch Jul 7, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre Physics settings ( PIRELLI 265/645-18 DH, DHB, WH ) Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Physics Wet tyres puncturing a lot? (Ferrari challenge evo) May 26, 2023
    ACC Physics v1.9 Tyre grip falls off a cliff May 1, 2023
    ACC Physics Tyre pressure range for GT4 & wets? Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Physics v1.9 Hot Tyre Temps Apr 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions tyre pressure Mar 3, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Simhub does not display tyre inner middle and outer temp Jan 14, 2023
    ACC Physics Indianapolis - potentially wrong tyres in wet Oct 12, 2022

3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

We really see and appreciate this.
    Thanks.

4. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I feel like a kiddie in a sweet shop :D

TDS and garyjpaterson like this.
  5. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

Great news thanks for all the excellent work;)

6. baboon

baboon Alien

Good news and nice to read about how the new tire model is evolving :)

7. Arch

Arch Alien

Great work, but I have to be that *****le:

The BMW M3 E30 suspension still isn't updated. ;P

8. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

@Aristotelis

I have a question concerning the practical temperatures, it looks like it's 75% of the core temperatures and 25% of the surface temperatures! may i ask about the logic behind this combination ? and also, which temps should we use for the .lut files ?

garyjpaterson likes this.
  9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Good outlook, much appreciated.

The new physics model drives awesome.

10. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Sounds like a big update, I have one question though...

Would there be any way to have both core temps and surface temps outputted to shared memory?

SimonTek and cerebralvortex like this.
  11. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Downloading now, restart your Steam.

Ischemica likes this.
  12. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

Does this mean that the GT2 GT3 vs are more unstable? This is great news, this latest version grippy feel and makes the driving is too simple and boring.

Would love to see changes in the vintage tire, Alfa Romeo GTA now feels much grip and Cobra, GT40, miura and Lotus 49 I think they should decrease their grip and make it unstable. They feel very clinging to the road and it seems that your tire has more grip than any modern car.

Another thing that would be nice would be to add ECO tire other mid-range cars and Abarth, bmw, lotus ... ... This would give these cars a lot of fun and do not think it takes too much work to developers.

Thanks, Aris !!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

agree about gta, the cobra on vintage seemed to have a lot less grip than it did prior to 1.3 imo though. they mentioned with 1.3 that the vintage v5 was still wip so hopefully the gta will get improvements when they update the cobra and other cars to v5 (unless they already did and I missed it)

14. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Thank you Kunos for your great attention to detail.
    Perfection is never quite good enough.;)

arthur666 likes this.
  15. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Taking nothing away from you guys who are working so hard (which is really apparent from the 1.3 and the subsequent patches), I really hope 1.3 is the last major version for some time where you are running behind more and more realism with tyre model changes, physics upgrades etc. This is an ever moving target and the better you do, their is always something better to do.
    But that is just my personal opinion and as always, you will always be the best judge on what your priorities should be.

Octane likes this.
  16. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

wrong thread for issue

Glaurung likes this.
  17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

tyre temps in the mp4 seems much better, and staying there.. thanks!

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Cobra (v4 vintage) is fine grip vise, Alfa (v5 vintage) is not...

Andy-R and baboon like this.
  19. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

WOOHOOOW SLS GT3 HAS SHIFT LIGHTS!!!
    (well, I somehow already had those before 1.3.4) o_O:p

Ben Lee likes this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

regarding cobra I wasnt talking better or worse. it struck me as less grip than post 1.3 do you agree? or maybe it was cos of track temp when we raced in MP.

21. Rok Bedekovic

Rok Bedekovic Rookie

can i just ask... what are optimum tire temps? in one post someone wrote 80 the other said 90-105 for gt2 softs. so what are optimum tire temps for gt3 and gt2??