1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Very important! Console version:

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Ayrton Senna da Silva, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

Don't get the Logitech shifter! It's just the same as the g27/25 has (without the switch for sequential) it feels like a toy. if you do get a shifter get the th8 it's much better made.
    Does this problem still persist if you turn off auto blip?

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

98t shouldnt have any protection but it should be the same as using it full manual with clutch and h pattern. 1 very bad shift and the engine or gearbox is dead or a few poor ones will also kill it. If ypur using auto clutch, auto blip and auto lift flat shifting up with paddles then its not really close to the car its meant to be.

3. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

@Jon Legg. No, have not tried that. Suspect I will just get some nasty un-synced gear changes turning that off but I will check various combos to see if it improves somehow. Will also do a check to see if th8 is compatible with the G29 that I already have but I'm pretty certain at my advanced time of life that I don't particularly want to be learning new tricks like heeling and toeing just for a video game no matter how good it is ;)

and yes @martcerv I understand that what I am attempting to do with it on my ps4 whilst using my G29 controller is waaaaaay different to how the original operated as I was witness to Ayrton wringing it's 1000bhp neck through Clearways at Brands Hatch one fine Saturday afternoon qualifying session for the Brit GP in '86 ( I believe. Dates are numbers which I am not necessarily good with). Howsomever, as the game freely allows me to use paddles with no clutch perhaps it was wishful thinking on my part that the game should work better than it does when not using those bits. I'll get round it or over it I'm sure.

4. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

The th8 is twice the price of the Logitech but well worth it. It's USB so it just plugs straight in. I have a USB number pad that has two USB ports on it, I plug that into the ps4 and my pulse headset & th8 into the number pad, T500 in the other port on the ps4. The number pad is mappable for PCars and works with PS4 menu navigation too. oh yeah, and if you have a T300 or newer I believed the th8 plugs straight into the servo base.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Saying the real car has no shift protection, it also doesn't have sequential, auto clutch, auto lift and auto blip so yes maybe turn shift protection off that using paddles but also turn off the auto lift and auto blip or auto clutch for those with a clutch. Then with shift protection off simply kill the gearbox on every bad shift, I think is a better option for such a car and make it truer to itself. It doesn't mean people need to use a h shifter or even a clutch but no bad shifts, flat shifts and auto blips. Those aids are simulating a semi automatic sequential transmission, so if this also comes with shift protection it doesn't matter that much none of that is meant to the part of the car. For those that cant shift properly shift protection just lets them get further before the car dies. Those that don't need it don't even notice its there and can go full race distances shifting such cars fully manual with no aids needed by others who then complain about the extra aids.

Sure you can run full aids and no damage but then also don't complain about the car having aids it shouldn't have. ;)

6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I seem to remember that for Thrustmaster shifter to work on PS4 is that also needs a Thrustmaster wheelbase to be connected as well, something to do with drivers...Research before buying!

H-pattern adds immensely to the sim driving experience and well worth the time and effort to understand IMO.

MakaveliA7X, HavanaB0B and Ravellron like this.
  7. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

You can plug the th8a in to a TM wheel base (not the T500 though it doesn't have the socket) but it's also USB.

8. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The T500 is a Thrustmaster wheel so will use the Thrustmaster driver package (or whatever it may be called) for PS4, a guy I used to race with Project Cars bought a Th8a and it did not work with a Logitech wheel....

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...TH8A-or-TH8RS-shifter-with-a-G29-Wheel-on-PS4

Things may have changed, it may just be game related, but I felt I had to point out it hasn't worked in the past before 100 odd quid is spent ;)

Traks1 likes this.
  9. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

I have researched @Graveltrap and my £100 is safe if only until tomorrow. Emergency computer mechanic call out has been unexpectedly required for my faulty vintage PC :mad:. He doesn't work for peanuts.

10. in real life;

Race cars do not have gearshift protection

My friend is a GT3 pilot

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im sure he is, so he can shift down from top gear at full rpm down to 1st in a second with no need for brakes. A car series designed for gentlemen drivers AKA rich non pro's that want to race with full TC and ABS has no dowshift protection to save the same crappy drivers from destroying the car on 1 single poor shift.

Basquiat and kofotsjanne like this.
  12. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

It is downshift protection, but it's also a bug (of sorts).

The problem is that the downshift protection algorithm isn't a straight forward RPM-based mechanism; it takes other factors in to consideration. There are absolutely circumstances under which it prevents downshifts that should be possible (from a strict RPM perspective).

It usually manifests itself as a bug report that reads "can't downshift in corner X on circuit Y." The person reporting the bug mistakenly attributes it to a specific corner on the track, but in reality, it is the circumstances (rate of deceleration, speed, and RPM) that are present at that corner lap after lap (after all, aren't we trying to be consistent?). Put another way, if you were to enter that corner differently, you likely wouldn't observe the "bug".

To that end, the development team have acknowledged that the downshift protection algo could use a little work [1]. Personally, I don't encounter it that much, and when I do, I treat it like I do any other aspect of the game: I work around it, just like I would work around quirks in a real car. Ask any professional race car driver, and they can give you a full list of all the little quirks of their particular car. I'm not saying this bug is a good thing, but I'm not going to lose my mind over it.

1: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ft-protection-inconsistent.44076/#post-858304

Matt White, Jon Legg and LeDude83 like this.
  13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

^^True - Even though downshift protection wirks as intended, it seems to be a bit blurry, also for the devs. Stefano has added some more debug entries to the log for downshift protection. As soon as someone finds the time to go a bit nuts and then post the log files, we'll know more. If Kunos decides to improve the system it will spill over to console version one day. One day in 2019 :-D

Just kidding...

14. You know, I have experienced some odd transmission behaviour in this sim.

1. The overrev protection is incredibly invasive in a lot of cars. Take the 918 around the nordschleife, see if you can engine brake every corner...

2.)Other cars sometimes limit your shifts, sometimes will allow you to blow the gearbox! And I'm pretty sure I should have a clutch in all gt3 cars, not just some.

3.) Transmissions do not behave as their design should make them. For example, I'm pretty sure PDK boxes don't chirp tires upshifting at 20% throttle.

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

1 and 2 has been covered in my previous post. 3 might be solved by using TC.

16. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

I can remember watching Gerhard Berger in the McLaren in 91, Mexico I think before McLaren had the semi automatic box, and it sounded like he was about to wreck the thing on the down shift through the gears, it was screaming, but it survived.

17. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/esports.html?lang=en

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/lots-of-new-project-cars-2-preview-images-and-info.134072/

Hi,

Project CARS 2 console version custom private lobby / custom public lobby admin screen.

Very successful. I like the special options very much. Designed with every detail in mind. A system similar to the iRacing pilot licensing system was developed.

(iRacing) iRating = Strength rating (Project CARS 2)

(iRacing) Safety rating = Safety rating (Project CARS 2)

Very similar.

No more races with the rookies. Pilots will meet according to their level. So, it will be very clean races.

This should be for the Assetto Corsa custom public and private lobbies.

18. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Those screenshots are from the he PCars 2 pc version. No dedicated servers on consoles.

Scuderia Paul and LeDude83 like this.
  19. Project CARS 1 PS4 version has a dedicated server. Since the first day of the Project CARS 1 PS4 version, there is a private public lobbying option. I can create a lobby with the settings I want.

20. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Dedicated servers and private lobbies are not a same thing. There are no dedicated servers on consoles on project cars 1 or two. Sure the lobbies on pcars have a lot of settings to choose from but some of the settings seen on the screenshots are probably pc only.