1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Vote for the way ff user levels are handled now!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Force feedback adjustment

Poll closed Sep 25, 2015.
  1. Leave it as it is

104 vote(s)
    22.3%
  2. Keyboard control with automatic save

362 vote(s)
    77.7%
  1. The new proposed system will have FF adjusted "on the fly" with keyboard and automatically saved and reloaded PER CAR.
    Currently the system uses setups instead, requiring the user to go load a setup to get the required FF gain for a car.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues kick user-vote starts automatically Sep 27, 2017
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions G29 FFB : is anyone really happy and satisfied? (Vote) Nov 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer we need kick vote Aug 29, 2020
    Bug reports Create a vote after each race Jul 28, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Report system/Vote system on malicious behavior (continuous blocking +brake test) Apr 29, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Vote for ACC at Racedepartment Oct 14, 2019
    Console Lounge Proposal to solve voting problem - votes never seem to succeed Dec 5, 2017
    Bug reports Command Vote is not working on 1.15! Oct 12, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Someone voted to kick me out of the lead on last lap... Aug 16, 2017
    News and Announcements Vote your favourite car for the upcoming Ferrari 70th Anniversary pack! Jun 23, 2017
    Screens & Videos Evotek 027 F1 Simulator tested by Andrea Montermini May 6, 2017
    XBox One Discussions How many votes? Apr 3, 2017
    Chit Chat Room How are you going to vote in the Ferrari poll? Mar 21, 2017
    Console Lounge Let's talk vote to kick Mar 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Vote for Assetto Corsa in pcsimulators.org Poll Dec 18, 2016

3. jasjeet

jasjeet Racer

What are the disadvantages?

Mogster likes this.
  4. Nao

Nao Alien

(3) Leave as it is but with keyboard shortcut is my answer.

ps: it is already possible to change ffb on the fly with console command but it's too clunky, why not connect the keys to ffMult and call it a day :D

EDIT: or at least give us "UP" / "DOWN" and "DEFAULT" hotkeys, then per car value would be good.

edit2: also please make it LFS style , in 5% increments if you can :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  5. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

More options is always good and being able to turn via button (knob) is great.. also can't really see a disadvantage or cheat effect..

6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

ive never adjusted each cars ffb per track only per car, so as long as it remembers each cars setting individually it is fine by me.

Darren Blythe, Cefa and Jebus like this.
  7. Psit

Psit Alien

I prefer the new system with the keyboard shortcuts.
    Why dont you code customizable shortcuts for everything while at it... :eek:

8. Punknoodle

Punknoodle Racer

New proposed system! It should be saved per car and not in a set up, but you should still be able to see what it is set to from the setup page.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

LTC Mike (40plus) and ACgt1 like this.
  9. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

"Currently the system uses setups instead, requiring the user to go load a setup to get the required FF gain for a car."

I don't know how pros are used too but I will prefer the new "on the fly system". There is a simple reason for this, I can have a fixed ffb level every time I load a setup, no matter if mine or sent by a friend. No need to worry to check it every time I am testing a new setup, I will have the car with the ffb I like once for all.
    Would be perfect if change would be based both on car and track combo but I think will be difficult to have this option too.

7TeeNein, Leemstradamus and YardStick like this.
  10. Punknoodle

Punknoodle Racer

Not to mention those who don't use set ups, it means you can just enter a session and drive straight away with the correct FFB. And if all you were ever changing was the FFB you either had to save a set up, or remember what to set it to per car.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Even though you should adjust the FFB per car AND TRACK if you want to get the strongest FFB without clipping, because it varies from track to track (and this what I do), I suppose it is more ”correct” to set the gain per car, as per each car's handling characteristics. You'd have to set the gain per car to the level that doesn't clip at any track - I.e. the lowest common denominator. It would certainly be more convenient. I voted for the save per car.

But I hope it will be easy to see what the current FFB is for a given car, because that's an important input to Atle Dreier's FFB clipping app, which is crucial to get the best feel from the FFB.

12. NightEye

NightEye Alien

I would prefer FFB levels to be per car. Makes much more sense.
    But perhaps it's possible to have a multiplier for the car setting in the setup, so anyone can still have it dependant on setups? No idea if people actually set it per setup, though.

13. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Coming from OO Programming I would say FFB is not really part of a "Racing SETUP class" per definition;)
    So I like the quick keyboard save per CAR solution.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  14. So long as it doesn't affect the universal setting that I have at the moment, I couldn't care less :p

15. I think it is a really great idea since you can change the ffb on the fly while driving and really observe the changes in the force for your wheel. I imagine it is easy with that method to optimize ffb strength per car (and mood!).
    And Auto save really makes sense imo! Good idea Stefano ;)

Mr Nice likes this.
  16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I don't understand the proposed change.

If we have keyboard shortcuts then will the controls config menu screen disappear? I'd like to be able to save FFB on a per car basis and have it load automatically but keep the config screen page. Why do we need in game adjustment?

17. The only thing that would go away would be the FFB slider in the setup menu. You would still set your overall FFB level in the main options menu and if you wanted to tweak ffb per car you could do it while driving in a session and the game will save your setting and apply it everytime you drive that car.

Leemstradamus and Mogster like this.
  18. I quote the new solution, because ffb is more related to car model instead of its setup. With some cars I have to decrease value or increase it, and save into a setup. Good to have hotkeys to raise value, keep up with new solution for me ;)

Mr Nice and nonnex like this.
  19. JackCY

JackCY Racer

What about both? Have it per car but also allow adjustment per setup for those times when you want it. Allow the user to bind what ever adjustment they want to the input (key, button, ...).
    Per setup is nice but not the most practical, per car is more practical but less fine grained.

If only one, then I would choose per car and hotkeys <> (,.).

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

If there's some sort of GUI to show what level I'm setting then that sounds like a step forward. I really want to see visually what level is set.

21. lpmlol

lpmlol Gamer

Keyboard control with automatic save
    for me, and thank you for the excellent work, Greetings!
    Pd:sorry for my misunderstanding use google translate English

donShere and Mr Nice like this.