1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR Support - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Derek Speare, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Cool, thanks

Bty likes this.
  2. noorbeast

noorbeast Rookie

Hmmm no, those are your words: you said " Yeah sure.. we could send a couple of devs on a witch hunt digging into a couple of millions of line of code for 6-8 months hoping to find some mystery bottleneck that Epic put into UE4 just to **** us up and have a giggle right?"

And these is also your claim: Lord Kunos said:
    "sadly with a 3rd party engine like UE4 there isn't much we can do."

All I have asked is for you to clarify what you mean.

3. and you got your answer. Hopefully things are clear now.

4. noorbeast

noorbeast Rookie

No I did not give you **** about it, I asked you to clarify what you meant by a statement you made. Frankly you are the one clearly engaged in belittling and making derogatory remarks.

chakko likes this.
  5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Let me help you here just so things are clear.
    1. Yes, it will have VR support
    2. It will be optimised for VR as much as the Unreal engine is
    3. It is not certain when VR will be implemented as it’s currently a work in progress

Mogster, aotto1977 and mms like this.
  6. noorbeast

noorbeast Rookie

Much appreciated!

7. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Well that was some great morning coffee time reading, thanks chaps

nate and rycil like this.
  8. I ****ing hate this community....I so need a new hobby

9. Well ACC is a wet dream for me because i have been following Blancpain series since the beginning.. and i have been simracing since geoff Crammond GP1 in 1992.... now with my own Channel VR ( youtube) all about Vr sim racing i'm really hoping ACC will hit the spot. Don't forget Nvidia is releasing new GPU's soon so that's also good news for VR simracers.
    Got my rig ready to rumble ........ IMG_20180707_181810.jpg

Micii1 likes this.
  10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Don't lose faith Michael. All gaming communities are more or less cancerous... most way worse. Sim racers are probably slightly more mature on average, since owning wheel/pedal systems makes it slightly more likely they are adults. That's about it

Although perhaps games that require studying something difficult, attract less idiots. Like DCS flight simulators, would imagine there is less forum fights? Sim racing is somewhat like that, but not to the degree of DCS.

11. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

the devs here (lord kunos) are toxic, im out, i'll stick to iracing
    you can delete my account now

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  12. Gert De Preter

Gert De Preter Simracer

Yawn, close the door while you leave will you.

nate and mms like this.
  13. I think it's just the nature of the internet.

There are people out there calling the elite scientists of our times liars in order to promote their "ideas" about flat earth, young earth and all that non sense.. that's the kind of time we live in.

On the other side devs with a lot of emotional connection to their product sometimes react more negatively than they (we) should.. it's an endless vicious circle and not many have figure it out how to deal with it without hiring some kind of "social media manager" to shield the real persona from the public.

it sucks.. but we're people after all, not robots... evolution programmed us to handle confrontation using a wide array of tools such as body language, facial expressions and so on... all of this is missing over the internet, add in a good dose of "lost in translation" and there you have conflicts starting in situations that do not really require them.

jsmith.ls.uk, Horst1, Dookie and 15 others like this.
  14. mms

mms Alien

Just don't worry about it, few people might get offended (for nothing really), but I'm sure most people appreciate the fact that we have direct access to information from the devs, and not through some BS marketing PR. Sometimes I don't like what I hear from you guys, but I appreciate the frank and direct answers (GT3's are not my cup of tea, and cannot play without VR any more, but I can understand the choices you've made and I'll buy ACC as soon as available).

I know the easiest thing for you guys would be to get off these forums, but I really hope that won't be the case...

15. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Its very true about the "lost in translation", the internet puts you (italians) at a disadvantage as we cant see what you are doing with your hands :p;)

Dont lose the faith Stefano, its only a small minority that seem to want to come here and "rub you up the wrong way"

16. Turk

Turk Alien

All this anti science stuff comes direct from religious institutions, it's the final twitch before death.

McKiernan likes this.
  17. Speak for yourself little human ...

beep beep

18. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

'THE SPECULATORS'

19. K.Blank

K.Blank Rookie

I can't understand this discussion. I have VR i love VR. In games like AC, Raceroom and IRacing it works very good. But Project Cars 2 is really bad in VR. Bad frames and bad sharpness and bad landscape, trees ... If ACC needs more time for VR they need more time. Better no VR support as bad VR support. VR only works with a smooth gameplay (90 fps) If it's not possible at the moment to play it with 90 fps i don't need VR. Greets from germany

20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Some people have no other display device at their simrig anymore. Then their worry is understandable. If you own a VR headset, you eventually want a support. But if the support is confirmed to appear later... not being able to touch ACC in the meantime even when you have a screen to do so, sounds a bit silly

I mean, 99% of top games don't have VR support, and never will. If you play only sims, okay... but you never played a game like Civilization, Total War, Witcher 3 or a proper FPS shooter? Boring "pancake gaming"? Genres like strategy or proper online FPS will never have any use for VR. Most released VR games are just gimmicks.. so if you limit yourself into only VR gaming, you miss a lot. Unless all you play is sims.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Psit, Nick Moxley and Andrew_WOT like this.