1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR Support - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Derek Speare, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Wondering how all that visual awesomeness of ACC going to look like (and run) in VR. :cool:

2. mms

mms Alien

Silly me, I only play VR games nowadays :)

And I'm happy to miss out on the other games, even without them I lack time to play all the VR games I own...

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

All like both of them, AC and Job Simulator? :)
    On a serious note, what are other good VR titles out there. Something more serious and triple A worth than typical VR Hit With Stick demo.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  4. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I hope everyone gets a chance to drive the F2004 of AC @ Monza in VR one day, oh baby oh baby! :D And yes I know this is ACC forum but it is related to it's big brother:p

5. mms

mms Alien

lol, I don't even own Job simulator.

Right now all my time is spent in X-Plane 11, but here are the other games/experiences I like (in the order of my preference):

XING: The Land Beyond
    Robo Recall
    The Gallery - Episode 1: Call of the Starseed
    Discovering Space 2
    Eleven: Table Tennis VR
    Racket NX
    American Truck Simulator
    EVE: Valkyrie-Warzone
    Google Earth VR
    Realities
    Welcome to Light Fields
    FORM

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Monza may be its home but I think it’s at its best on silverstone, specifically turns 9 through 14. VR, F2004 and a decent wheel is heaven through there at full pace

7. coret3x

coret3x Simracer

VR share is low, but I expect a lot higher among simracers than normal gamers.
    Are there any numbers on how many AC users that have VR? I saw an article that 200,000 users have VR access among the 67 million monthly active users Steam reported as of August.

8. We don't have that but we do have sale reports and there is no substantial peak nor increase for builds that brought specific VR improvements.

EDIT: And just to avoid drama... that DOES NOT mean we regret supporting VR in any way.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Phil64, Dookie, Andrew_WOT and 3 others like this.
  9. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

That would only tell you how many people were on the fence regarding buying AC on account of VR support.

What a market research would likely find is that 1) 90% of AC VR users already had AC prior to support, and 2) 100% of current AC VR users would skip ACC if VR is missing or worse.

But because AC VR users probably account for under 5% of your entire customer base, monetary wise a studio would be inclined to give little thought about VR and VR performance (crucial). Those 5% are, however, 30 or 40% of your active customer base.

But of course you know this better than anyone. The persistance we have on this feature, is because once you race in VR you cant go back, so we scream your ears out to make a good VR experience, that doesn't dip to 60hz when a car appears on your screen.

edit: percentages taken out of my ***.

10. sure.. I was just reporting the "cold numbers"... everybody will make up whatever conclusion they see fit from them.. that's the fun fact.

Full_Ninja and mms like this.
  11. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

yes that's true lol

cheers

12. Turk

Turk Alien

I had already bought AC before VR was an option. That might be a factor for VR users. But we're great at whining and "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". :D

13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

^These I know, and XP11.

You may want to consider adding these:

A-10 VR. Simple concept, underrated, but superb in its execution. Just be sure you play not endlessly in training mode, which is dull.
    First Person Tennis. Works surprisingly good. You need space to swing your arms.
    Skyrim VR. Fallout 4 many say was a fail in VR. Skyrim many say is a blast. It works, without compromise.
    Golf Club. Again, works surprinsigly well.

Myself, I use VR mostly for AC, RR, Google Earth, Eleven, Skyrim, A-10.

Catan - Very good boardgame implementation in VR. Really, very good, just the addons are missing so far.
    Wanna get ripped? BoxVR. Probably the best of its kind.

mms likes this.
  14. Don’t forget Lone Echo, it’s an amazing VR experience. I’m not sure why exactly but games that have been built from the ground up for VR just look/feel much better. The sense of the surroundings is superior. Perhaps it’s just down to the type of game.. i’ve yet to try a racing sim in VR that works as well.

mms likes this.
  15. Gert De Preter

Gert De Preter Simracer

When the next version of headsets arrives you will see the adaptation increase again, it goes in little jumps I guess.
    I hope at next Oculus Connect we'll know more details. Certainly ACC will go on for a few years and could/will take advantage of VR-growth.

Simracing is a natural fit for VR. I imagine using ACC in VR as a training tool for real drivers would benefit them greatly.

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Whats wrong with AC and RR? o_O

dajdosta likes this.
  17. Nothing is wrong. AC is my favourite sim of all time. The feel and response of the cars is as good as it gets. In VR I wonder if all all racing sims could be better. Distance and scale aren’t as realistic as they are in VR only games. They feel like, first and foremost, flat screen sims that have been converted to work with a headset. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned it was just the UI that could be improved but i’m not convinced that’s all there is to it.

18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Cannot share this assessment, sorry. Stereoscopic view in AC and RR work well enough for me, I only need to use a workaround to get lock-to-horizon in RR, thats all. 3D world and cars in AC and RR to me look as convincingly stereoscopical and correct in proportions as in quite many other VR games. Actually, better than in most games (means: most games, not all games).

mms likes this.
  19. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

When I look down in AC, my legs look like they are from a midget. In R3E the default eye distance makes you feel like driving a tub.

All VR headsets being equal to everybody, it would be great for the devs to pay a bit more attention to this.

Out of the box, I feel every sim dev should try Pcars2 in VR. It just feels spot on.

20. AC is fine in vr if youve got time to look down at your legs your not driving quick enough.;)