1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

We know you have questions

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC_CM505, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

double post, please delete

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Unreal engine can generate graphics from photorealistic all the way down to basic phone spec. It all comes down to how the developer chooses to use it

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I have two questions:
    1. So far, Kunos did like 1 track/year, but for ACC there are 4 new tracks (Zolder, Paul Ricard, Misano and Budapest) to be done, plus maybe some updates for other tracks. How is that going to work out if it is to be released in 2018. (not really expecting an answer to this though)
    2. Will the telemetry be the same as in AC1, or will there possibly be something else. Since you collaborate with real racing teams, might there be a chance to have official support for MoTeC?

4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

To your 1st point:
    Well, since ACC is in development since late 2016 already (Interview on RD) I think it's not unlikely that Simone might have already been working on it.

Seems like Paul Ricard though was scanned last week during the Blancpain test there and a few weeks ago Marco posted a cryptic, snowy pic with shoe prints talking about a scanning process, which in the RD interview he said was at Hungaroring.

So currently it looks like Hungaroring and Paul Ricard are still to be done or maybe just started recently.

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, I was aware of that, but still seemed like a huge task, in comparison to what happened in the last few years. ;)

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I would assume early access will have very limited content. Can’t see full game release until start of next year so a bit of time still.

Happy for Kunos to take as much time as needed to get it right, would assume they have contractual time lines to meet though

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

In the RD interview they said that it will come out this year, because it doesn't make sense to release a game with focus on the 2018 season in 2019.
    Stefano also said something about a very strict schedule.

8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah, I’d say the aim is a Christmas release as with most games. Just hoping they don’t rush it to meet the deadline. I have not been given any reason to doubt the team though in the past so assuming all is good :)

9. GTR2 simulated the 2003 and 2004 seasons, and came out in 2006 :)

These are just suppositions, but how could one simulate the 2019 season without it having been finished (i.e. entry list for Spa 24h?...) So it might be that the game will come fully out in late 2019, or will come out in late 2018-early 2019 and have 2019 content delivered later, or something else that Kunos have planned. Either way, we just have to wait and give our constructive feedback and support when the early access lands on steam. ;)

10. mms

mms Alien

IMO it was more the cost of licensing to blame for the lack of tracks...

11. gagoka44

gagoka44 Rookie

Therefore, if you were to read post #35, with the new engine, i can actually run the game with the same performance on higher graphics?

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

There's no real way to answer that as "medium" settings in one game could be very different to "medium" settings in another. You will be able to run it above lowest settings, that's a safe guess and about as close as you can get until early access

mms likes this.
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Another question from my side:
    Stefano talked in the RD interview about the # of players being limited again due to CPU power, since the AI is CPU heavy.
    They want to up the car count to 30, but it will be a limit.

However, what about MP? Wouldn't it be possible to allow 40 or even more cars there?

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

He or Marco also said that pit box space is limited which is another reason to limit it to 30.

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

That could be solved.
    Keep in mind that the official entry list holds 50 cars.
    Maybe not all of them enter all races, but it would be surprising if it were 30 or less.

So if the real series can handle it (space-wise), the sim should be able to, as well.
    CPU power etc. is a different question, of course.

16. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I think IRL you would have multiple cars sharing one pit box, so the traditional spawning on the pit box wouldn't work. I imagine that is what they mean when they say only 30 or whatever will fit.

Otherwise you would have to make them spawn in the garages and then get themselves out, which could lead to interesting results. You then have to model the insides of all the garages too!

Imagine the fun joining a public server and seeing all the cars crash into the garage doors trying to madly get out onto the pit lane at the start of quali :D

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Oh no! How horrible!. :p :D

Apart from that: many other racing games do starting from the garage rather then the box, including GTR1/2, GTL, rFactor1/2, AMS …
    More problematic would be box sharing during the race, but that could be worked around if there was a crew chief. You would've to request a pit stop and get it acknowledged or you might need to queue up in front of the box (which sometimes does happen IRL as well actually).

Oh and Spa actually has a lot of space for pit boxes, so even without sharing it should be possible to fit 50 cars there.

chksix likes this.
  18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I wonder/hope 24H layout will have to long pit lane where you enter at Bus Stop and exit after Raidillon.

chksix likes this.
  19. Are there any plans to implement turn signals? Yes, I know those are GT3s, but when someone is lapping you, or you have to slow down, you can show/warn others.

Typer likes this.
  20. Typer

Typer Simracer

Yeah, I’d very much like to see this too. While it only sounds like a small thing, being able to signal your intentions to other drivers should make for more engaging on-track action, safer blue flag situations and give a better feel of racing real humans.

EDIT: Do any other sims offer this? I’ve only played AC and PCars2