1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

We need your opinion! JOYPAD SUPPORT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noninmedia

noninmedia Racer

1. your gamepad model (brand, type): Logitech F510 Rumble Pad 2 in Directinput (the pad has the possibility to switch between Directinput and Xinput)

2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad options, do you use default settings? NO

3. if you use customized gamepad settings, please list your values for:
    "wheel custom" profiling with XBCD/Directinput

a) N/A
    b) 2
    c) 0.97
    d) 0.15
    e) N/A
    f) 0%
    g) 2.40

4. Please list the driving assists that you use:

a) OFF
    b) depends on if the car has a sequential gear box or not. With the cars that not have sequential gear box i shift down manually, shift up automatic
    c) ON
    d) ON
    e) 50%
    f) ON
    g) OFF

5. Your favourite car list (only car models currently available in the game)
    tatuus abarth, exos

All the cars that have sequential gear box

5b. The least drivable car in the game with gamepad
    regular road cars are not appropriate with a gamepad due to the huge rotation in comparison to the 40º of the thumbstick. Not an issue though, rather a limitation.

Ferrari 599, Lotus Type 49

2. Nondescript

Nondescript Rookie

Just ordered a Logitech F710 (with 2-day shipping) for the force feedback only to find out that I can either, choose force feedback (under the gamepad configuration) or create my own custom button configuration (under wheel/custom) so that I can actually drive the car. (Not sure why you would want to use the triggers for throttle/brake instead of the right stick...) Hopefully you can come up with a method of allowing any button/stick to be programmable in "gamepad" mode or have force feedback work with gamepads in Custom.

Well, my mistake. The force feedback does seem to be working now! :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  3. sheamon57

sheamon57 Rookie

1. I use the Dualshock 4
    2.No
    3. I use default for those setting, just custom button mapping
    4.Automatic braking: off
    Automatic gearbox: off
    Automatic throttle blip: on
    Automatic clutch: on
    Stability Control: off
    ABS: on
    Traction Control: sometimes on sometimes off
    5. In no order
    Bmw e30
    Ferarri 458
    ktm xbow
    mclaren mp4-12c
    lotus exige
    bmw z4
    5b. Ferrari f40
    6. IMPORTANT:
    Here you can share your suggestions to improve the gamepad support:
    6.a. "It must.. Be able to navigate the menus with the gamepad
    6.b. "It should.. Have dual shock 4 touch pad support, as if it was a laptop trackpad
    6.c. "It could.. be a tad smoother i guesss
    6.d. "It would.. be great to have these suggestions listened to but good job guys

4. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Gamer

Hey guys just something I like to share that would be nice to have in AC : with the pad, the right stick should be used to look around (up, down, left, right, any direction basically). Also I know I am off topic, but build v0.7.5 is freaking awesome !

5. DrTorque

DrTorque Rookie

1. your gamepad model (brand, type)
    * Xbox 360 (wired usb)

2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad options, do you use default settings? Yes / no
    * No

* Steering Speed - 26%
    * Gamma - 1.8
    * Filter - 0.7
    * Speed Sensitivity - 0.08
    * Deadzone - 0.45
    * Rumble Effects Intensity - 0%

* Automatic braking - OFF
    * Automatic gearbox - OFF
    * Automatic throttle blip - ON
    * Automatic clutch - ON
    * Stability Control - 30%
    * ABS - OFF
    * Traction Control - OFF

* BMW Z4 GT3
    * Lotus Exos 125 (S1)
    * McLaren MP4-12C GT3
    * Ferrari 458 Italia (S3)
    * BMW M3 GT2
    * Pagani Zonda R

* Ferrari F40 (!!!)

6. IMPORTANT:

* The right stick should be able to handle looking around.
    * Rumble feature should be more consistent, please see my post about it: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rumble-settings-for-xbox360-pad.1454/#post-37564
    * Some more customization options for Xbox360 controller (if possible) to achieve more smooth/direct control of the car and better driving curves. :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  6. 1 Using Xbox 360 pad (wired)
    2 no
    * Steering Speed - 1%
    * Gamma - 2
    * Filter - 0.7
    * Speed Sensitivity - 0.1
    * Deadzone - 0
    * Rumble Effects Intensity - 100%
    * Automatic braking - OFF
    * Automatic gearbox - OFF
    * Automatic throttle blip - ON
    * Automatic clutch - ON
    * Stability Control - 100%
    * ABS - ON
    * Traction Control - ON

Would be to be able to configure gear shifts with the right analog stick :)

7. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

I say again:

8. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

1. your gamepad model (brand, type): x360

2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad options, do you use default settings? no

- Steering Speed (100%)
    - Gamma (2.5)
    - Filter (0 )
    - Speed Sensitivity (0)
    - Deadzone (0)
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (25)

Automatic braking (off)
    Automatic gearbox (off)
    Automatic throttle blip (off)
    Automatic clutch (off)
    Stability Control (off )
    ABS (off)
    Traction Control (off)
    exos

5b. The least drivable car in the game with gamepadroad cars

6. IMPORTANT:
    6.a. There should be a deadzone setting like this (circle) so we can release the thumbstick and have no input reading:
    [​IMG]
    6.b. There should be an option to set the clutch to an axis so we can do a donut to recover from a spin. Also, with this option we would be able to override the clutch for a better start.
    6.c. With the option to assign two buttons for the same command we can use the mentioned clutch in the launch while up shifting with the thumbstick button.
    6.d. The rumble feature needs tuning to cope with the fact that the bigger motor has greater lag and currently in the game also has less intensity.

Bernard Crljen likes this.
  9. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

Xbox One gamepad with Lucas Assis solution (custom app + winusb driver + vjoy + libusb filter + x360ce)
    http://lucasassis.com/

2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad options, do you use default settings? No

- Steering Speed (100%)
    - Gamma ( 4)
    - Filter (0)
    - Speed Sensitivity (0.05)
    - Deadzone (0)
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (n/a)

Automatic braking (off)
    Automatic gearbox (off)
    Automatic clutch (off)
    Stability Control (50 )
    ABS (off)
    Traction Control (on)

exos

road cars

6. IMPORTANT:
    6.a. It must add the option for throttle pedal gamma because the xbox one controller has less resistance in the triggers just like the dualshock 3.

6.b. The gamepad currently has deadzone on the end side of the axes. I've seen this before with other brands/models so it would be nice to have a setting to help to eliminate that.

10. noninmedia

noninmedia Racer

I changed a few details

11. HellRaiser88

HellRaiser88 Rookie

1. xbox 360 wireless controller
    2.no
    -steering speed 1%
    -gamma 2.5
    -filter 0.4
    -speed sensitivity 0.05
    -deadzone 0.05

-automatic braking off
    -automatic gearbox off
    -automatic throttle blip on
    -automatic clutch on
    -stability control 80%
    -abs depends on cars
    -traction control depends on cars

-abarth 500
    -bmw m3 e30 dtm
    -bmw z4 gt3
    -ferrari f40
    -ferrari 458 italia
    -lotus 2 eleven
    -lotus exos t125

12. dungeonseeker

dungeonseeker Rookie

1. xbox 360 wireless controller
    2.no
    -steering speed 1%
    -gamma 2.5
    -filter 0.4
    -speed sensitivity 0.05
    -deadzone 0.05

-automatic braking off
    -automatic gearbox off
    -automatic throttle blip on
    -automatic clutch on
    -stability control 80%
    -abs depends on cars
    -traction control depends on cars

-abarth 500
    -bmw m3 e30 dtm
    -bmw z4 gt3
    -ferrari f40
    -ferrari 458 italia
    -lotus 2 eleven

Please add options to bind menu functions to gamepad/wheels. Things such as pause, unpause, select, cancel, go back, menu up, menu down, menu left, menu right etc etc.

13. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

xbox 360 wired controller

Yes

N/A

Automatic braking (off)
    Automatic gearbox (off)
    Automatic throttle blip (on)
    Automatic clutch (on)
    Stability Control (off)
    ABS (on)
    Traction Control (on)

6. IMPORTANT:
    Split the axis on triggers so you can simultaneously use throttle and brake.
    Triggers seem to be using single axis, but it can be done because in iRacing they work independently

Possibility to customize every button on the controller, full UI navigation, possibility to start driving using controller button.

14. YimmiStreams

YimmiStreams Rookie

1.) Xbox 360 Wired

2.) No I use custom settings

3.)
    - Steering Speed 40%
    - Gamma 2
    - Filter .9
    - Speed Sensitivity .05
    - Deadzone .45
    - Rumble Effects Intensity 80%

4.) Auto Clutch and Auto Blip only

5.) Z4 GT3, E30, 599x

5b.)The Lotus Formula racer

6.)

6a.) Give you more options to alter, 5 variables is not enough to fine tune the details. Give us more of the options made available both on the steering wheel side but also some from the mouse and keyboard side.

6b.) It should allow for a wider scale of variations for example the amount of deadzone is insufficient to dial out the play in my 360 pad. I find at high speed its hard to line up for breaking points when the slightest of movements registers.

6c.) It could be useful if you can tweak the settings for the controls (or any of the settings for that matter) when loaded into a race or in practice. This would save me a lot of time tweaking and dialling in the perfect feel.

6d.) It would be amazing if you guys read this, so far it works much better than rFactor or rFactor two but doesn't work for me quite as well as iRacing. With a few more and greater ranges of variables you could easily make this the best sim I've played with a game pad. Keep up the good work.

15. biglooping

biglooping Rookie

1. JOYSTICK Saitek Cyborg EVO USB

2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad JOYSTICK options, do you use default settings? Yes

3. if you use customized gamepad JOYSTICK settings, please list your values for: I need to have more time for that ;)
    - Steering Speed (1 - 100%)
    - Gamma (1 - 4)
    - Filter (0 - 1)
    - Speed Sensitivity (0 - 1)
    - Deadzone (0 - 0.45) maybe deadzone will be used as the joystick is not perfect
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (0 - 100%)

Automatic braking off
    Automatic gearbox on
    Automatic throttle blip off
    Automatic clutch off
    Stability Control off
    ABS off
    Traction Control off

I need to have more time for that ;)

5b. The least drivable car in the game with gamepad JOYSTICK
    I need to have more time for that ;)

6. IMPORTANT:
    Here you can share your suggestions to improve the gamepad JOYSTICK support:
    6.a. "It must gives the BUTTON for THROTTLE and BRAKES
    Thanks a lot for this futur big games and simulator

biglooping

16. AnssiH

AnssiH Gamer

Although I usually use a wheel, I used to not have one and now I'm one of the freaks who can drive just as fast and just as confidently on the limit with a pad as with a wheel. I won a finnish GTR2 league championship multiple years with a gamepad while everyone else was using a wheel (assists off, random weather, etc), but being fully confident on the limit requires slightly unintuitive gamepad setup...

X-Box S-controller from the dawn of time (because I haven't been able to map triggers on separate axes with 360 controllers...)

No

- Steering Speed (1 - 100%)
    - Gamma (1 - 4)
    - Filter (0 - 1)
    - Speed Sensitivity (0 - 1)
    - Deadzone (0 - 0.45)
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (0 - 100%)

I set it up as a "wheel" in order to get instant steering speed (slowing down the steering speed slows down my ability to react). I haven't tested but I assume your "100%" in gamepad options means the same thing... Then in order to actually have control over immediate steering input, I am constantly pushing the thumbstick forward, and I steer by rotating the stick around the circumference (as if rotating a steering wheel). That is extremely important as it allows me to confidently steer at intermediate angles. Note that with steering speed slowdown and flicking the thumbstick, I could not be precise.

I'm using slight gamma but that is almost a non-issue; more importantly I am setting the speed sensitivity to limit the steering range into useful range (since the physical range of the thumbstick is so small). I seem to have speed sensitivity setup to 0.1 right now but that doesn't work with all the cars. (See suggestions below)

Since I am pushing the thumbstick forward, my deadzone is effectively zero while I'm steering (which is a good thing). But I have set deadzone to be effective if I let go of the thumbstick for whatever reason.

I use rumble to get some information about grip loss.

Only auto-clutch on. I disable per-vehicle ABS too even if it's on by default.

I enjoy all types of cars and I get bored fast so I would be tempted to say I like them all. So far I've driven the Z4 GT3 most it seems.

So far they've all been perfectly driveable, but proably some would require me to keep changing the gamepad setup per vehicle.

6. IMPORTANT:

For anyone like me who wants to setup their gamepad to unrestricted steering speeds, and they are using the "push the thumbstick forward" trick to get better control over the steering, the single most important gamepad help that is needed is to be able to setup the physical thumbstick range to only map to a sensible steering range in all conditions, where "in all conditions" practically means speed sensitivity.

In AC what I'm missing is the ability to first limit the full steering lock into whatever is barely enough for the hairpins (in GTR2 for instance I typically set steering lock in vehicle setup to somewhere between 10-8.5 degrees), and then use speed sensitivity to set it into something sensible in the fast corners. That gave me plenty of control even in the wet with worn out tires.

The end result needs to be simply that, when I am steering, I can use as much of the physical range as possible to accurately and quickly point the wheels into wherever I want them to point to dance the car in the limit.

I should mention that I am usually unable to do that in console sims because they don't typically offer an option for immediate steering input nor options to limit absolute steering angles.

-Anssi

alepaludo likes this.
  17. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

1. your gamepad model (brand, type):
    PS3 gamepad with Motioninjoy drivers and x360 gamepad emulation mode.

2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad options, do you use default settings? No

- Steering Speed (100%)
    - Gamma ( 3)
    - Filter (0)
    - Speed Sensitivity (0.01)
    - Deadzone (0)
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (25)

Automatic braking (off)
    Automatic gearbox (off)
    Automatic clutch (off)
    Stability Control (off )
    ABS (off)
    Traction Control (on)
    exos

road cars
    6. IMPORTANT:
    6.a. The dualshock 3 triggers are very sensitive. So it needs something like throttle gamma.
    6.b.
    There is something simple that the dev could do to improve the thumb stick support.
    Gamepads thumb sticks are designed to give you 360º of control.
    Each physical axis has only 40º (side to side) but thats not how it is meant to be used to input direction.
    The whole thumbstick circle gives you 360º, of course.

Thus using the thumbstick in the right manner as described here https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...pinion-joypad-support.7074/page-7#post-101678
    would give you almost 360º of rotation on the virtual steering wheel.
    But as the application only uses the X axis as input it gives you only 180º.

To solve that all it needs is to use both X and Y of the thumbstick, set the initial point of rotation and apply a deadzone where the rotation would invert.

The way it is currently implemented allows you to control flight simulators, FPSs and war tanks.
    But not cars steering wheels or third person characters.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  18. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

6.c The filtering in rFactor works in different manner and has better results: in AC if you increase the filtering by a certain amount it just slows down the steering. Kunos should have a look on how rFactor does it.

6.d rFactor has bigger precision in adjustments and an axis zone. Does the axis zones are in AC available by the name of "scale" in the cfg files?
    Example from rFactor:
    ----------
    Analog Control Filter="16" // 0 = off, 127 = on, or add which inputs you want filtered 1=throttle, 2=brake, 4=front handbrake 8=rear handbrake, 16=steering, 32=clutch, 64=power demand

Filter Samples="10" // how many samples to use (3-10, lowest and highest are thrown out)

Speed Sensitive Steering="0.00000"

Controller 1 Axis X Zone="(0.000000,0.500000,0.500000,0.500000,1.000000)"
    -----------

6.e It should have commenting on every settings like rFactor to help understand them.
    [STEER]
    JOY=0
    AXLE=0
    LOCK=1
    SCALE=1
    FF_GAIN=1
    FILTER_FF=0
    FF_DAMPER=0
    STEER_GAMMA=4
    STEER_FILTER=0
    SPEED_SENSITIVITY=0

6.f The gamepad debugger should have a counterpart for "wheel custom" mode to include all the settings for faster adjustment while on track.

19. Patriot01

Patriot01 Rookie

Dual Shock 4 (linked with DStool)

2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad options, do you use default settings?

No

- Steering Speed 30%
    - Rumble Effects Intensity 100%
    Other values are set on Default config.

Automatic braking OFF
    Automatic gearbox OFF
    Automatic throttle blip OFF
    Automatic clutch ON
    Stability Control OFF
    ABS OFF
    Traction Control OFF

Pagani Zonda R
    Mclaren MP4-12c GT3
    BMW Z4 GT3
    599XX EVO
    BMW M3 GT2
    BMW M3 E92 DTM

6. IMPORTANT:

Navigate the whole menu with the controller
    Option to set the right stick for Throttle/Brake
    Native support for Dualshock 4

In my opinion is very difficult drive "f1 cars" like Tatauus, Lotus 125 and also the historical lotus because you have the sensation that wheel can't turn completely...
    In italian (to english users: sorry for my english): Scusate, ma così mi spiego meglio e subito.. secondo me le macchine davvero difficoltose da guidare sono quelle con le ruote scoperte, perché nelle curve lente e strette si sente/si ha la limitatezza del pad, perchè sembra che non sia possibile con lo stick girare sufficientemente il volante.

20. heinz_limmo

heinz_limmo Rookie

Logitech F310

No

- Steering Speed (1 - 100%): n/a
    - Gamma (1 - 4): 2.5
    - Filter (0 - 1): 0.5
    - Speed Sensitivity (0 - 1): 0.15
    - Deadzone (0 - 0.45): 0
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (0 - 100%): n/a

Automatic braking (on / off): off
    Automatic gearbox (on / off): on
    Automatic throttle blip (on / off): on
    Automatic clutch (on / off): on
    Stability Control (off / 100%): 50%
    ABS (on / off): on
    Traction Control (on / off): off

McLaren MP4-12c GT3

McLaren MP4-12c

6. IMPORTANT:

6.a. "It must.. allow for completely free mapping!
    6.b. "It should.. be exactly defined what the adjustable parameters are (somewhere visible).

Thanks for putting that much effort into supporting Gamepads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.