1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #48 - The Trident

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Sep 17, 2017.

1. flyingcarrot

flyingcarrot Hardcore Simmer

Great, more DLC to buy lol. This one I will get as liking the g920 after sorting out the ffb settings to stop it shaking left and right during straight lines.

It's a weird wheel! Still need to sort out the brake pedal but for now stamping on it works sort of.

Sent from my Y6 Max using Tapatalk

paul_wev likes this.
  2. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Come on Carrot, just take the blinking rubber stopper out already! Spend that time now!

flyingcarrot and paul_wev like this.
  3. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Day 1, off and running!

Day one sees 9 drivers explore the MC12 and its brutal V12, V8_KB sets the early pace...

Current Standings
    1. 1:42.893 - V8_KB - PC
    2. 1:43.645 - Graveltrap - PS4
    3. 1:44.179 - Lewisxbone - X1
    4. 1:45.576 - FBrg90 - PS4
    5. 1:46.468 - Laughing Gravy - PS4
    6. 1:46.865 - TheRealJuralumin - PC
    7. 1:47.216 - sissydriver - PC
    8. 1:47.294 - Justray2000 - PC
    9. 1:47.876 - _reborn_ - X1

4. Alex1996

Alex1996 Gamer

1:44.158
    Alex1996
    PS4

Wow! So hard to push...
    Assetto Corsa.jpg

Fab85, Graveltrap, DonZmeuheu and 4 others like this.
  5. Daniel Perez

Daniel Perez Hardcore Simmer

1:42:378 PC

1_42_378_re.jpg

Great car, awesome track, I couldn't miss this challenge.

Fab85, Graveltrap, DonZmeuheu and 5 others like this.
  6. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

Man I must have done about 30 laps this morning! I thought it'd be good to break into the 1:45's but i'm now running in the 44's. You can brake quite late with this car and shift down rapidly to help decelerate, I think all my brake points have been cut in half since my first run. I feel like I can improve this time, but for now it's the best I can do.

Also I really wish Hotlap mode would let you load your lap record delta and not just the ghost when you restart the session, it's harder to keep track of your progress. Normally if I make a mistake or screw up a lap (like spinning or crashing) it's faster to just restart the session than doing an outlap from the pits. Just a minor gripe. (Unless i'm completely wrong and you can load the delta for your record laps...)

Improvement 1:44.752 - TheRealJuralumin - PC
    [​IMG]

Fab85, SchumiF399, Graveltrap and 7 others like this.
  7. Justray2000

Justray2000 Hardcore Simmer

There is an app called Side Kick you can download from race department. It will give your delta to your PBest. Amongst other things. Number of laps, position, speed, gear, tyre temps. Pretty cool app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRealJuralumin likes this.
  8. SchumiF399

SchumiF399 Racer

1:43.158
    SchumiF399
    PS4

Great combo! Got off of work and decided to give it a shot. Setup is stock, may try the soft compound tires this weekend and a hotlap fuel load. I think I may have been able to break into the 42s had it not been for the mistake at Tosa. It's so much fun with the sequential plate, but was the clutch really used on downshifts when the car actually raced in real life? PS_Messages_20170918_201545.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  9. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

1:43.773
    [​IMG]

Setup used, default get similar result I think.

Attached Files:

Fab85, SchumiF399, Graveltrap and 8 others like this.
  10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

If all 3 temps across the tyres ( inner, middle, outside) all stay the same temp, does that mean the camber is setup correctly?

11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

no

The larger the suspension travel, the more you need negative camber.

Lewisxbone likes this.
  12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Ffs I’m so crap at this
    I’ve been setting camber going off the 3 temps on a tyre. Trying to get them all equal.
    I thought that was the idea so the tyre has even contact, inner, middle and outer.

13. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

Nice! I'm back to being hazardously frustrated over a hotlap challenge again. Means that @Graveltrap and company here have done their jobs proper!

Darn. Clocked a 1:45.5 a few days prior to this challenge being made official. Replay was saved, but no screenshot logged unfortunately since I figured it was all for fun. Had a blast taking trips around Spa, Barcelona, and Nurburgring GT with this car too. Different story though over these past few days. My ghost has been taking it to me and I've yet to see another 1:45 or better lap again. Guess it's time for me to step up and do my job proper too!

14. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1:43.775 - X1

[​IMG]

Fab85, Graveltrap, DonZmeuheu and 5 others like this.
  15. StyleF1re

This car is a game changer when it comes to the viability of the TH8A's sequential configuration! At least in my book. To me, before the MC12 the only incentives I had to forgo H-mode were for the Evora GTC and DiRT Rally VR play. And those were minuscule at best...

Bummed that as an RSeat user I can't get the shifter close to the wheel like how all these GT1 cars have them. And speaking of GT1 cars, we need more of them. I know you're the man and you've got your opinion @V8_KB , but I love my GT1s! Give me the Murcielago, 550 GT, and DBR9 (to name a few) and I'd probably never touch a GT3 car again. Shoot, I'd like to be even greedier and add the F1 GTR Longtail, Toyota GT-One, and the Mercedes CLK-GTR to that mix as well!

SchumiF399 likes this.
  16. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

1:45:038 - BrainsBush - PC

145038.jpg

1:44 on its way

Fab85, Graveltrap, SchumiF399 and 5 others like this.
  17. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Hi Carrot , 2 mins it takes mate, just unscrew the Allen key thingy behind the pedal, pull the cap off and the spring and rubber are there. Chuck that rubber, spring and cap back on and you’ll have a new easy to push brake.

The GTEYE spring is really good too. Def recommend it.
    When I fitted it I also swapped the other springs about as well so the accelerator felt more progressive and not as toy like. Making it slightly stiffer feels so much better.

flyingcarrot likes this.
  18. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Lol no worries, you don't have to explain yourself to me. :D
    Everyone has their own preferences and it's cool. Unfortunately some people (quite a lot actually) are very narrow minded when it comes to content. You can see it every time something gets announced for AC, "I don't like it = nobody uses it" is their point of view.
    250GTO and 330 P4 are going to be released today on PC, so I wouldn't even notice/mind if they sneaked in some GT car in the process. ;)

StyleF1re likes this.
  19. StyleF1re

Jealous! I hope that pack comes to consoles sooner than later. Hopefully there's another Ferrari pack in the pipeline as well with all their GT1 cars (and the other mega-classics that missed this first cut)!

But for real, I'll take anything at this rate. I'm as good at driving GT1 cars as any other car. That means "not that good" in literal terms... haha

And I'll be back on topic hopefully on my next post! Still trying to pick up the pieces of a disastrous session much like with those Ferrari F1 cars this past race. It hurts to watch that footage and look at that 28 point deficit!

V8_KB likes this.
  20. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

Well I went back in the hopes of improving, but in 30 minutes of continuous driving I couldn’t beat my best time. I tried messing around with various settings, tweaking suspension and messing with the aero, but it didn’t really make a noticeable difference. I think the fact that i’m using as PS4 controller and not a wheel could be partly to blame, but I think i’ve hit my limit.

How someone could do a time in the 1:42’s is beyond me. It just blows my mind.. crazy!

StyleF1re likes this.