1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #82 - A day to remember

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, May 28, 2018.

1. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Neilski - PC - 1.48.781
    I'm wildly stabbing in the dark on the setup. Sooooo many knobs to turn and I have no clue how to optimise most of them! :)
    My best time so far is on mediums. The softer tyres were OK for the first half of the lap, but I can't yet make them hang in there. I think with some more tweaking that I can go faster on the softs, if not the supersoft, but the rest of the setup is probably worth more time if only I knew how to improve it.
    upload_2018-5-29_15-57-28.png

2. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Improvementos they say
    PS4 pro
    Laptime : 1.49.092

Mugello Ferrari 458 GT2.jpg

3. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Paulwev73 1.53.867 pc
    First go for ages, as I been racing and not much time, but not got any better [​IMG]

Ts-pc racer, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

4. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

8 sec you say. Tut. Come on share the love.. what set ups ya using? I toyed looking for that site with all the set ups by car but could not get access.
    Obligatory congrats to Lewis....for choosing Xbox just kidding , kids are great. It’s like an expensive lesson to learn to be responsible :) so good I had 2 Of them ..I am a slow learner as you can tell from my times.
    Take care of the family first 2 weeks are the hardest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks Chris, .
    we’re slowly getting into a routine now, might even find time for a few more laps tomorrow

6. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

7. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Hi Chris,

Don't know the ages of your kids? But looking back 22 years and I think the first two weeks were the easiest ;)
    Having a 17,5 year old Brian jr (aka Robin) is real chaos - but still between the lines (at least we think and hope)

8. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

I'm struggling to get the most out of the car. I've managed a 1:49.520, which places me 196 on RSR. I know I'm not the fastest, but I am surprised to be so far off the pace. It could be that it's a popular combo and has attracted lots of the raster racers. Or I'm doing something wrong. Probably a combination of both.

When are you shifting up? The LEDs start to flash around 7100-7200 RPM, the rev band goes much higher. I read a post on racedepartment where one of the fast guys said to shift when the LEDs flash. So that's what I'm doing.

9. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

The first "normal" lap on RSR is 1:47,3 so I think 1:48's are good laps.
    Shame, I can't try it until the weekend...

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  10. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I use Sidekick for shift points. It loads the power curve from the ui_car.json file, which is the same file the launcher uses to draw the power curve for you. If the curve is correct (i.e. if it matches the one in the data.acd file, which is not always the case!) then the power doesn't drop away all that much between the peak and the limiter, so it's probably not a big time penalty to shift at the limiter every time. I must try that though and see how it affects my times :)
    As for the times on RSR... yeah, surreal. But try it on supersofts at 0 degrees ambient and 0 track (surely that's not even possible in hotlap mode?!) and you might find you shave a second off your PB.

11. Justray2000

Justray2000 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    1.49.162 - PC
    [​IMG]
    I find shifting when the leds start to flash is faster.

12. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Improved to 1:48.211
    [​IMG]
    Switched to SuperSofts and lowered the coast to 40.
    Also used Yellow paint job to minimize aero drag and extend tire life.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  13. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

17 and 13. It is all easy once you can get some sleep!

14. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

15. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

You better get your taxi permit and make arrangements who will do the nightshift the coming years ;)

haha just kidding ofcourse. Love the/our kids and happy that I can do my job. Glad that our oldest will come home within two weeks after about 6 months in Greece.
    And then the middle daughter will leave for 8 weeks to USA....

16. FRITZZZ

FRITZZZ Racer

As usual the slowest ... 1:52.046 - PC

[​IMG]

Thanks for this great combination ... it will rain tomorrow - a good time to try to get at least second slowest :)

StyleF1re, DonZmeuheu, the3ws and 6 others like this.
  17. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

First of all,apologies for a (very) late update on the leaderboard,it's been so far a busy and exausthing week.But,since i don't have kids (maybe in a couple of years,who knows?) i bet some of you are even more tired than me :p

So far this challenge is competitive!We have 3 drivers the 49 mark,although @F1215182235 is isolated at the top,with over 0,5s advantage from @Neilski. Also,lots of drivers into the 49's,and all these people have proven very capable of good laptimes!sorry for the timing @Lewisxbone , i knew you liked this car but didn't actually think that you may not have the time now to enjoyed it :oops: it just proves how little experience with children i have,although i liked them very much ;) Glad to see you will have all your family reunited again @BrainsBush but i dont know how to manage to have family away in another country,i think i would die with worries about them :rolleyes:

Anyway,enough chit chat,here are the standings:

1- 1.48.211 F1415182235- X1
    2- 1.48.781 Neilski- PC
    3- 1.48.896 the3ws- PS4
    4- 1.49.092 svenvangent- PS4
    5- 1.49.162 Justray2000- PC
    6- 1.49.409 Plastic_Manc- PC
    7- 1.49.654 DonZmeuheu- PS4
    8- 1.51.073 BrainsBush- PC
    9- 1.52.046 FRITZZ- PC
    10- 1.52.961 Peggy11- PS4
    11- 1.53.867 Paulwev73- PC
    12- 1.58.057 Chaos_Cris- X1

18. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 1.48.759
    upload_2018-6-1_16-37-42.jpeg

19. delarosa81

delarosa81 Simracer

1.47.941 PC
    Nice combo! Tyres getting orange in first corner, all red against the end but feels ok as long as pressure is green (supersoft).
    gt2_mugello.jpg

20. uelas_77

uelas_77 Simracer

1:52.524 / uelas_77 / PS4 / T150

Assetto Corsa_25.jpg

for who complains to be the slowest, don't worry :D

definitely also one of my fav combos, GT2 Ferrari 458 engine sound is indeed really good!