1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #84 - Warm-up for the 24h

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, Jun 11, 2018.

1. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 2.56.488
    upload_2018-6-15_15-24-38.jpeg

Neilski, I think you are meant to shift earlier. I'm shifting when the red LED appears on the steering wheel. I read online recently someone saying that "LEDs are "smart". They will start flashing at different RPMs for each gear depending on how the gear ratios are spaced out." The comment was about the Ferrari 458 GT2, but I'm assuming it holds true for other cars. I haven't tested it though.

2. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I have been driving so many cars recently that I can't remember what the LEDs do on this particular car, but I know for certain that on many cars the LEDs are totally dumb (i.e. fixed RPM).
    I can't actually think of a car right now that does have smart LEDs but I do agree that some of the AC cars are highly likely to be smart. (I can't recall if I've tested them on the 458 GT2.)

3. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Chaos Chris x1 3.29.255
    Unfamiliar car on unfamiliar track , I hit every barrier on the way round!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

pc 3:08,158

3 08 143 84.jpg

two laps - the ultrawide screem (29") is sooo good to get more information about the corners, espicially the tight ones.
    hope i can do some more laps in the afternoon - some improvement is possible for me... i hope!

under 3:00??? wow!!!!!

5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

3:05,240 pc improvement

3 05 240 84.jpg

crazy car&track combo.... :p

6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

pc 3:03,365 improvement

3 03 365 84.jpg

my head is read like a tomato, t.shirt wet from the sweat - my kids are staring - "dad" ??? - everything okay ???.....:p

whoosa. what a ride!

some silly mistakes, the corner before the track is between the rocks, there my best ghost was ~05.s faster - and the last corners into the city - too late, nearly into the barriers, again nearly 0.7s....:(

but if i do this corners perfect i screw up others - so i hit the wall for the moment. :confused:

so much fun - now i need a break :)

7. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

2.58.971 - X1X

[​IMG]

I Was Just over half a second up on my 2nd lap but went and touched the bloody grass.

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

thats our fate, lewis, thats our fate. o_O

we try.

we fail.

we stumble.

we throw the f****** wheel through(!) the window.

we try again.

and we have fun. :)

9. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 2.55.978
    upload_2018-6-16_22-9-44.jpeg

10. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

3:08.739 - PC
    I don't know (and like) this track, but didn't want to miss the challenge :)

5.jpg

11. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Ps4 T150

20180617_104612.jpg

I didn't like this one at first. My idea of a hybrid is a Bacardi & Coke. I gave it another try though and got into it a bit. Might try a race with the Porsche & Toyota.

12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

:D:D:D

the3ws and Hugo Catarino like this.
  13. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

3.04.383 pc

75E19B9D-0B51-409C-9D20-7278C450FB8C.jpeg

Had a quick go with a tune downloaded from the setup market that was meant for spa.
    Way too many buttons and options on this car, I’d rather drive the car than fiddle with settings that drive the car for me.
    When the difference between a quick lap and a fast lap is down to fiddling with buttons rather than hitting braking points and apex’s perfectly it stops being fun for me.

14. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Here's the video of my 2:55.978 lap.

There's a bit more time to be had, but I think I'm probably done. I could've used a fraction more boost on the long straight - the ghost car overtakes me. I lost a bit of time through the corner after the long straight. I also clipped the grass on the apex of the corner after the second check point.

15. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Ps4 t150

20180617_135928.jpg

Video of the above. Not that good but I'd recorded it so here it is. Bit of bonus footage on the end.

16. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Very kind of you to share it! (How do you make the videos? I'm a total noob at that.)
    Your laps looks a lot like mine, but just 4 seconds quicker! :D Joking aside, I haven't been brave enough to take those corners at the 2 minute point quite as quickly as you (almost flat out in 7th). That's probably explaining a few tenths at best though ;)
    I have finally measured the power curve by the way. The power peak is at 4300 rpm, and I've just bunged the curve into the ui_car.json file so that Sidekick can give me the correct shift points (I don't think I can upload it here though...?). Will have another go later (with some gear tuning) to try and get a little bit quicker, but the battle for 1st place is well out of my reach!

17. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Well after watching Hugo's post, I think I still have quite a bit of work to do in order to hit my apexes and braking points perfectly! I noticed that there a few corners that you lift for that I was downshifting for, and some other place where I could save time. It seems your tune is much better suited for the track though.

18. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

No problem, Neilski.

I made the video with the standard video capture on the PS4.

Thanks for the info about power. I need to take a closer look at a replay, but that does seem to be the point the red LED lights up. Out of interest, how did you measure the power curve?

19. Neilski

Neilski Alien

OK, I renamed the ui_car.json file by adding ".ini" on the end. It's attached in case anyone else wants to use Sidekick (or similar app) to get the shift points correct.
    Just rename it back to "ui_car.json"
    and drop it into C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_audi_r18_etron_quattro\ui
    (after backing up the original of course).

Also, I finally just got around to checking the e-tron's LEDs - they are indeed totally dumb: fixed RPM. You can prove this to yourself by making (say) 5th gear MUCH longer than 4th and then watch the LEDs fail to tell you to stay in 4th until the red line.

Just saw your post before hitting go with this reply:
    I used my toy project I've been playing with for several months - it was originally meant to evolve into a proper app but for now it just logs a bunch of telemetry info and then I analyse it in Python. My understanding is that people with CM can just hit a button and it magically converts the encrypted car data file engine data into a proper power curve for the UI, but (a) I don't use CM and (b) it's a bit tricky to decide what you want on a car with both turbo and ERS complications. My curve is only for the internal combustion bit.

Attempting to add the curve, for info:
    upload_2018-6-17_18-7-8.png

Attached Files:

20. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

3.14.759 - PS4
    Back to AC after some time away,and boy,its truly possible to unlearn the little you know.
    Completly stock setup.i reckon i could go under 3.10 but sounds a lot of work for a sunday ;) IMG_20180617_182358.jpg