1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #85 - 50 shades of fast

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

I’m stuck at 1:45.8. Last time I tried monza was week #35 and I was extremely crap at it then.
    First few laps was in the 50’s.
    I feel like I’m hitting all the apex’s right yet still can’t improve.
    That learning curve you guys were on about I think I’m still fookin on it

StyleF1re, Neilski, paul_wev and 3 others like this.
  2. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

My curve is downward at the moment.

I think the last time I drove Monza was the Ferrari Shining Red special event. I still have nightmares about it! It took may days and days to get the gold. I think it's scarred me for life when it comes to Monza.

Neilski, paul_wev and Lewisxbone like this.
  3. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Can Anyone recommend what aero and tyre pressures work well for this combo plz ?
    Still stuck in the 1:45’s.

the3ws likes this.
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Min aero worked best for me, can check TP when I get home. It feels like the ABS is too strong, I'm using min and still no lock ups so I'd go with 11 for ABS (or whatever min is.)

5. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Lewis, the optimal pressure for grip is 30psi front and back. I'd be interested to hear what people are using.

sissydriver, Andy-R and Lewisxbone like this.
  6. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

1.43.979 - X1X

[​IMG]

Think I got lucky on that lap. The last 10 or more laps I was still in the high 45’s, so god knows where thats come from.

Thanks Andy and the3ws
    Tyres 30 and ABS 9/11

7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

1:47,771 pc

1 47 771 85.jpg

urgz....medium tyres :rolleyes:

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

1:46,210 pc improvement

1 46 210 85.jpg

never did a good lap on this track. a lot to improve o_O

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Improvement

1.43.427 - Andy-R - PC
    20180619195325_1.jpg

Tyre pressures:
    [PRESSURE_LF]
    VALUE=21

[PRESSURE_RF]
    VALUE=23

[PRESSURE_LR]
    VALUE=21

[PRESSURE_RR]
    VALUE=22

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

1:45, 475 pc improvement

1 45 475 85.jpg

enough for today! ;)

@hugo - do it! the other guys said everything :)

StyleF1re, Fab85, BrainsBush and 8 others like this.
  11. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

First of all,thank you for all the input you guys gave me about a wheel.It seems that the PS5 will only be released in 2021,so that "con" is gone!I can buy a wheel and enjoy it for years on PS4.
    Question now is...which wheel?Im kinda on a budget,but i'm willing to spend a couple of bucks.With that said,i think i'm gonna go with the logitech g29.It's the best "cheap" wheel with 3 pedals.Here in Portugal i can get it for 329€ + 50€ for a shifter.No way i can spend more than that,i can't (shouldn't) :confused:
    But the biggest problem will be the space.I have zero space in my house.How on earth am i going to set up a rig in the living room it's still something to be seen :p

Anyway,i'm amazed with your laptimes.I did a 1.55 when testing and here you are, +10 seconds faster than me.Jesus you guys have gasoline on your veins!

Current Standings

1- 1.43.427 Andy-R- PC
    2- 1.43.812 Neilski- PC
    3- 1.43.964 F1415182235- X1
    4- 1.43.979 Lewisxbone- X1
    5- 1.44.090 Pretend racer- PC
    6- 1.44.786 Plastic_Manc- PC
    7- 1.45.475 sissydriver- PC
    8- 1.45.513 BrainsBush- PC
    9- 1.45.627 Justray2000- PC
    10- 1.46.209 Laughing Gravy- PS4

12. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Dunno how anyone's keeping it on track with min aero - I tried and failed :) but maybe I would have needed to change other stuff too (suspension/dampers/alignment... I suck at that!).
    I used wing at 0/6 and TC/ABS at 2/4. I must have a go with less ABS (i.e. higher number) and see if that's any good. I already mucked about with the brake balance but I'm not certain it helped.

PS: Hugo - I share your pain regarding space. I have a G27 but I never use the shifter cos I simply have no desk space for it :-/

13. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Hey guys. Been out for a while, then took forever to download all the updates.
    But here's my attempt
    1:55.684
    15294509072741364218708.jpg

14. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

@Hugo Catarino the wheelstand pro is what I use with my wheel and pedals and it’s great for folding away and putting away till next time.
    Takes a minute or less to set back up.
    I’d love to have a proper setup one day but I enjoy the comfy sofa (knackered back) , big tv and home cinema sound too much so it’s absolutely perfect for the living room.
    Definitely recommend it

Also the wife finds it useful when she’s been up all night with the daughter
    The cheek of it!!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I'm on my 2nd WSP. I like them as well. It has it's issues, with load cell pedals it slides away even when on a rubber mat and it is a bit unstable side to side. I'd recommend it though, great for tucking away in the corner.

16. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Hi Hugo,

I'm not familiar with the Logitech G29 so cannot advise about that wheel. Is thisone in Portugal €329? See Dutch prices (€233-240)....https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/455112/logitech-g29-driving-force.html . Some do also international shipping! Otherwise maybe a local guy (me...) can buy and send via TNT/DHL. Just an idea.

T300 GT with t3pa three pedal set is around €349.

Reason I bought that one a while ago was the interchangeability between steering wheels. I still have that one as 'spare' if my Fanatec should fail, which it never did so far

Yesterday I drove the same car/track combo in RaceRoomRacing (R3E). Also a great combi! Hopefully I have some time to make a quick comparison video between AC and R3E for this combo.
    Both have their pros and cons. duh...we already knew that ;)

17. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

upload_2018-6-20_12-29-22.jpeg

Still finding this one tricky. I'm hemorrhaging time in sectors 2 and 3, almost 9 tenths compared to Andy's splits. In sector 2 I lost 0.569. I'm guessing most of that is on the exit of Lesmo 2 to the braking zone of Ascari. Sector 2, I lost 0.322. It's a deceptively difficult circuit, Monza. It's easy to lose time without doing too much wrong.

18. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

I’m sure if anyone can improve it’s definitely you mate
    How did you find Andy’s splits?
    Their always good to know so I can see where I’m loosing time

Hugo Catarino and the3ws like this.
  19. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Hugo Catarino and Lewisxbone like this.
  20. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

If you need a wheel which is not too expensive...go with a Thrustmaster...I recommend the T300 Rs. Also a wheelstand Pro I would recommend like Lewis said. If you need a chair go with the Playseat challenge because its a fair price and you can store it.

StyleF1re and Lewisxbone like this.