1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

When mclaren ruled the world – the f1 gtr

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Alexandre Martini, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports problem changing TC on mclaren 720 evo. Loss of power Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars McLaren 720S GT3 EVO -dashboard - TC and ABS wrong on startup Aug 10, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues McLaren 720S door model issue Jul 14, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Initial fuel per lap is wrong for McLaren EVO at Monza Jul 10, 2023
    Bug reports Brake Bias buttons for McLaren 570S GT4 Jul 27, 2022
    Screens & Videos Mclaren 570s on Coste Roads May 25, 2022
    ACC Physics McLaren 720S GT3 RPM Limit Feb 17, 2022
    ACC User Interface Tire pressure not transmitted + McLaren headlight blinking Dec 17, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSL Elite Mclaren V2 Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Physics McLaren 720 GT3 Camber Nov 11, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars McLaren 570S GT4 low quality dash at night Oct 12, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions McLaren 650 too slow Aug 8, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards 5-lap average not recorded, Brands Hatch, McLaren 720s Jul 25, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec McLaren GT3 v2 Gear Indicator issue Jul 21, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 + Mclaren GT3 v2 not working in ACC Jul 4, 2021

2. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Nice.
    Haven't touched it yet. I still haven't worked my way thru the new content yet, but this weekend belongs to the F1 GTR.

(A road F1 would be nice too.)

Dream1979 likes this.
  3. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

The McLaren F1 GTR @ Nordschleife is a guaranteed Simgasm !

Scary addictive Combo !

4. It's a great car to drive in AC, and it sounds just as good!

5. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Greatest sportscar ever...

[​IMG]
    The guys in the middle and at the right were responsible for the F1...

Cheers
    Robin

Kristaps likes this.
  6. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

wish I could find the special that was on Speedvision back in the day

7. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Strangely this thread about probably the greatest (analogue) sportscar ever was bleeding to almost dead in a few days.
    Does the more than well made AC McLaren F1 GTR deserve that?

[​IMG]

I know it's an older car, but so is the Alfa GTA, C9, F40, E30 M3, 155, 190, Cobra and Ruf:)
    Each one with its own characteristcs. Incredible work Kunos.

The F1 GTR shines in a playable way of doing laptimes, it's not as planted as a GT2/3 car/599/Zonda, not by a mile, but it gives honest and pure feedback, doesn't bite like an F40 S3 or C9 and is just fun to drive, to look at and to hear.

Who on this forum drives it more and more and more? And who doesn't and why not?

Please discuss.

Cheers
    Robin

Glaurung likes this.
  8. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

It is probably my favourite car ATM.

9. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

driven on the ring only, feels very light and sincere, it's something that doesn't impress you with special effects, but is very consistent.. and it sounds beautifully, expecially while heel toeing

10. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I drove it at the ring for the 2nd time yesterday night. Let's say I had a hard time stopping :D. It is an amazing fun simcar to drive. Should be my main car for a while. Any good leagues running it?

11. pons

pons Simracer

I like that car alot. Its fun to drive and it looks alot better than all the newer McLaren.

12. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

I've been running it on a dusty ring at 12 degrees for the past couple of days and its sublime.

13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

cool story, but I was never big McLaren fan, Dunno. They do have some really nice cars though
    I do like the McLaren F1 though, what a car :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    snyperal likes this.
  14. It is my favorite car to drive ATM

15. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

Strange to read that the F1 is an "old" car.... It looks and feel very modern to me, maybe i´m getting older...

LeonW, p3dr0maz, Racing_34 and 3 others like this.
  16. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

easily my favorite car from the DLC

on Nords Tourist servers usually all the other cars are picked except the F1..
    Great for me :)

ChrisR likes this.
  17. It's fun to do Tourist, put hard tyres and double-clutch downshifts, skipping gears when needed instead of normal heel and toe :p

18. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Didn't know that longtail was road legal

Apparently this is the chassis #19R
    "First 1997-spec car. Built as a test and development car to replace the sold #10R. Used by Team Goh in 1997 FIA GT race at Suzuka finishing 9th. Sold to Team Take One for the 1999 JGTC season, scoring one victory in 2001 before ending competition in 2002.(c)Wiki"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Robin_NL likes this.
  19. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

xyr likes this.
  20. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

F1 still is the king

Hope to see that car in AC one day...
    Would be funny to do a drag race between the two cars on a rally long straight to see how 627hp beats 900hp+

xyr, Robin_NL and some1pl like this.