1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

When mclaren ruled the world – the f1 gtr

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Alexandre Martini, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

The 650S is incredibly quick in short spans. It absolutely dominated the early part of Spa 24 hours, and they had to withdraw the car from PWC because it was too fast for the competition. This was after they had already been slowed down multiple times beforehand.

2. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Fresh onbord, awesome sound, great FOV, good driving (not on the limit), not the best camera position.

liakjim, DaveS78 and Mike Kadlcak like this.
  3. R3V3NG3 BR

R3V3NG3 BR Racer

Simply one of the greatest cars ever made!

Kristaps likes this.
  4. Orne

Orne Alien

The F1 GTR reminds of a Ford GT40 but with manners and a good attitude.. haha! What a brilliant car!

5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I love this car in AC, one of my favourites. H-pattern, no ABS, not as planted as GT3 cars. A bit like Ferrari F40 but less punishing. Also love the sound, I tried also Fonsecker mod for this, while I usually love his work for this car I somehow prefer stock sound. Don't know how realistic it is, but it's very nice to listen to.

Orne, Kristaps and juandb78 like this.
  6. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

working on new internal sounds with the latest "RACER chanel" video...

Psit, Tom 00, liakjim and 2 others like this.
  7. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

looking forward to that!

8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

great car, wish it was a 5 speed! mine normally is in AC, it has so much power it doesnt seem like a big disadvantage.

i wish we had a load of fictional liveries as well.

9. xela1

xela1 Racer

didn't know people are scaring about this smart GTR. Great comical scene - thx

10. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

11. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

*Look at that head room
    [​IMG]
    *I love that tires size, excellent for road car, especially at the rear (315/45 ZR 17) fronts (235/45 ZR 17)
    *compared to e36m3 rear tire
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Schnipp and Berry like this.
  12. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

They did a change on gear ratios, this way he could reach 391 km/h.

How could that was possible in a car with just 630 hp?

13. Berry

Berry Alien

Aerodynamics and light weight + power right at the top end of the rev band.The normal F1 is what I'm craving to drive in a proper simulator like AC.It might be because I grew up fantasizing about these cars, but the high-revving NA hypercars of the last era are my favourite cars.The Zonda F, F50, Carrera GT and McLaren F1 get my heart going like nothing else.
    @Kristaps: Usable sizes, everyone wants 5mm tall tyres with 80 inch wheels, and posibly 600mm wide tyres.

Dookie, liakjim, eXo and 1 other person like this.
  14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Efficent aero.
    Aero is affected by the frontal surface area and the cw-value.
    @Berry: Weight is a minor factor on top speed.

This way it could be that fast with just a bit over 600hp.
    Just have a look at how much slower the downforced optimized F1's are compared to the top speed version.

And just to clarify:
    The F1 would need 80hp more to reach the Veyron's 407 km/h, since the necessary power increases by x^3.

Because ppl. are fools.
    There was a test about that on Top Gear Australia once, same car, one with 22 inch and one with 20 inch wheels (and even the smaller ones were too big IMO).
    The 20" rims car was like 2s faster on a track of roughly 1:30 or 1:40 per lap. You could hear the tyres squeeling excessively in every turn on the 22" car.

Just have a look at all the race cars (GT2/GTE, GT3, GT4, LMP's, touring cars), those run like 45-50 section tyres. There is just no suspension that can work as well to compensate for the restrictive tyre movements of ultra small tyre walls.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Kristaps likes this.
  15. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Didn't you watch the film? they just upped the revlimiter by 800rpm's, from 7500rpm (stock) to 8300rpm (for the recordrun), it was logical thing to do, because Andy hit the limiter at first try in 6 gear.
    So it became aero drag limited, not gearing limited, no point of changing the gear ratios any more.

Aerodynamics mostly, F1 is very small by dimensions and very slippery, it was built to be the ultimate road car, not a track car, downforce and laptimes was not a priority.
    For example F1 LM can't match the F1's top end, despite having more power and less weight, because of the larger frontal area and wing.

Schnipp likes this.
  16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The difference was even bigger than I thought, I just rewatched that segment.

22" wheels: 1:15.19
    20" wheels: 1:12.0

17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I would exchange every hyper car in AC for that McLaren. Car of my dreams.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Schnipp and Kristaps like this.
  18. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

19. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

As a lifelong McLaren fan, and big time Mika Hakkinen fan, I'm actually working on a West McLaren skin for that car as I type this.

Kristaps and Schnipp like this.
  20. chakko

chakko Alien

Guess most know already, but this car is super enjoyable to drive in AC. I would even say one of the most fun to drive cars. I used to run a few offline laps on Le Mans in this car. Great combo.