1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Where would you go if AC did not exist?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Would you still sim race and if so, which sim?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Where did my hands go? Oct 9, 2020
    ACC User Interface Where did the lock to horizon option go? Jul 12, 2019
    XBox One Discussions Where did the AI go..? Aug 31, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Where did the spectator camera controls go? Mar 14, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds [question] where did the fog go? Jan 19, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Where did my abs ffb go? Nov 1, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Where did the online racers go???? Jul 2, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Where did the massive "low fps / low gpu usage" thread go? Mar 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Where did the right side of the setup screen go? Oct 24, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Where did I lose time? BMW M3 E92 on Nurburgring GP May 20, 2014
    General modding discussion Where can I find all the versions? Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sound reverb everywhere AC Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Where do you find the the driver assist settings? Jan 31, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Where is the tire.ini [tyre.ini] file in AC [not Competizione]? Nov 5, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023

3. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

AC is the reason why I built a motion simulator only for racing. While the Kunos devs make AC better and better I try to do my very best with my sim lol.

ANiMESoKAR likes this.
  4. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

I wouldn't sim race, as I would still have my Xbox360 :D

5. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

Live for speed and nk pro

Inviato dal mio HTC One utilizzando Tapatalk

Kristaps and Shaun Clarke like this.
  6. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

I`d probably just move on over full-time to Arma and DCS.

I used to run GPL for years, until it just got too old. I spent far too much time in GTR2 over the years (including many years working on the P&G mod), and I`m long past that now. I used rF1 for too many years to count, but I`m well past done with that too. I had many good years in LFS, but ouch.... Far too long in the tooth and utterly awful looking nowadays. I did originally have high hopes for rF2, but having tried all the demos, and owned the full version just long enough to request a steam refund, it`s just not for me at all. Simply not interested in the hugely dated looking rF1-based fantasy car offerings from Reiza.

There really isn`t any other driving sim left for me, so it`s AC or nothing.

arthur666, Mogster, alex72 and 2 others like this.
  7. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

FSX, I guess, came from there, will take a peek back as soon as I can get a mediocre HOTAS stick again. But I guess I wouldn´t really try the other racing sims, the ones I´ve tried never really got me hooked.

8. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Genuinely, I would sell all of my rig.

I think R3E is pretty nice but not quite worth the huge amount of time sim racing needs.
    I get bored really easily and quickly but over 1700 hours into AC I feel I'm just getting to grips with it - very much like playing my guitar.

9. AdamS4

AdamS4 Gamer

LFS or iRacing

Kristaps and esox71 like this.
  10. Netkar Pro, Iracing, RF2, P&G for GTR2, possibly Automobilista.

esox71 likes this.
  11. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

AC attracted my attention through the Pcars hype before Pcars was released. I played alot of racing games here and there, mostly arcade and I never took those games serious. Always played with a pad, A wheel looked interesting but didn't worth it to buy. As I saw videos about AC it looked amazingly realistic. I planned to buy Pcars but it wasn't still released so I though lets try AC. Funny side fact: AC looked so well, that I grabbed a wheel in a near store to test it. :) First car I jumped in was the BMW M1 at Magione and I will never forget this moment. It was like WOW it really reacts and feels like a real car. this is serious. Not just a game. So, yeah technically its a game but not for me ^^ Later I also bought Pcars because I had to look into it, but I could have saved the money.
    When I bought AC I could have never been expected how far AC would come in last years. Just amazing.
    So if AC wouldnt exist, I would never drive serious, I would just game a bit around with a pad.

12. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Automobilista

esox71 likes this.
  13. Goettens

Goettens Simracer

At the moment I would go nowhere, there's no other simracer that I enjoy like Assetto Corsa. I would probably keep playing my other games, maybe drive in Race 07 once in a while.

If future Forza games really come to PC, that's one game I might get into. I like Gran Turismo a lot as well, but I probably won't own a Playstation other than my PS1 in the future.

Assetto Corsa really grew up quite a bunch since the early days, at the time I didn't really expect it to evolve so much.

14. Nao

Nao Alien

Probably i'd dabble in LFS to this day... with the main "sims" on the table being: FSX and DCS with some Arma and Eve online (maybe elite D) on the side.

Kristaps likes this.
  15. GardenPT

GardenPT Gamer

I'd probably still be playing rFactor 1, in the drift servers. I only came to AC because it had "street" and "drift" cars, but after trying all the other sims, I'm glad I came to AC! I really think it's the best consumer simulator out there.

16. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

17. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

rFactor 1 and 2. But since AC does exist, I get to use both :D

18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Considering I have only put in about 2 hours on ac in the last year it has been pc and r3e. Looking to get back into rf2 as well

19. A3DR

A3DR Hardcore Simmer

I was really looking forward to Pcars, and it was a huge letdown, not only on the "simcade" thing, but mostly on the fact that it doesn't support any kind of modding.

AC is the reason why I've bought a G25 (and @RSanchezPaz was a big influence in that decision), not only because it is an excellent simulator, but most importantly is that I can make my own cars and get them into the game with the tools given by the devs themselves.

Now it has become some sort of playground for me, I love doing 3D cars and what better way to bring them to life by porting them into Assetto Corsa! :)

I guess if AC didn't exist, I wouldn't be into sims at all.

ALB123, Miguel B., Jim Layhee and 5 others like this.
  20. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Racer/Panthera, supports modding sorta like AC does, main downside is it's not as actively developed (even smaller team and even more focused on the pro simulation version)

21. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

If Assetto did not exist, Rfactor 2 probably receive all the mods that now are made to AC. So, Rfactor 2 of course.

I have here Automobilista, but I just dont like, and for some reason, I suffer with microstuterings everywhere.