1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why can't I change gears when I want????

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by iwanchek, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

In the freaking Zonda R, 599XX you can't change f..ng gears when I want!!!!!! Why????? It's that so in real life or so??? It's f..ng frustrating!!!!
    I'm really starting to not enyoj the game
    Tbh. It's just ridiculous!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Using controller and navigating in the pit/setup screen when you press X/A the car changes gears Nov 17, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Can't change gears after patch 1.13 Feb 20, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Change gears without using the clutch Aug 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room How fast can you change gears? Dec 26, 2014
    Audio Bugs & Issues Gear change sound bug with neutral and first gears Dec 19, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds New Cars of 0.8 update (Ferrari& Lotus) won't change gears Mar 30, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues able to change gears with no clutch (auto-clutch off) Jan 19, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds why cant i change gears with my g27 g shifter? Jan 9, 2014
    ACC Virtual Reality Misano skybox repeatedly flashes/flickers to black, skybox texture changes Jan 4, 2024
    ACC Physics Asphalt temperature does not change tire temperature and pressure Dec 2, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Server in Content manager not allowing change of final rtatio Oct 7, 2023
    ACC Physics BOP changes make little sense Jul 21, 2023
    ACC Physics Brake Cooling Performance Change on Brake Change in Pits Jul 21, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Brake Gamma change not working Jul 13, 2023

3. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

Are you talking about downshifting?
    If so, you are probably gearing down too fast and the systems are protecting the engine.

Haven't driven one though, so can't really vouch for the theory.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Downshift protection maybe? Might want to state something more specific.

5. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Yes downshift. That's BS!!!! Every time it blocks my Shift down and I get wide loose trillion possitioms, lose race etc. that BS !!!!!!
    There limiter and no need for that!!!

6. Horus

Horus Alien

You are most probably driving like you have an arcade game installed. Drive correctly and the car will behave properly. THIS IS NOT AN ARCADE GAME!

LeDude83, Ace Pumpkin and paul_wev like this.
  7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, tell that the manufacturers then. Downshift protections are pretty much standard nowadays in cars like that.

mESCx, Horus and paul_wev like this.
  8. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

The "limiter" is what is blocking your down shifts,...you are down shifting too early,...this has been gone over many times,...the result is always the same.

AC is a simulator,...if you can't shift properly, select AUTO,...no more problems for YA.

LATE4APEX

LeDude83 and Horus like this.
  9. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Are you ok ? I'm a little bit worried if someone is freaking out like this. Keep breathing man.

jonnyboy_99, pippo10, TDS and 4 others like this.
  10. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

But in LaFerrari shifting down is normal like without any limiter or something like that. So I'm crazy?

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

It could be a bug, but downshift protection itself is nothing unusual. If you think the downshift protection is wrong compared to the real car you might want to make a report about it and list the cars.

jonnyboy_99 likes this.
  12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Bug or not a bug bro go try it by yourself if you've doubt:)

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I've driven all the cars in AC, I drive and go through different cars regularly. I have no issues with it. Some values for downshift protection have been adjusted on PC in the past because they were wrong, value typos or whatever - which may or may not be the case on console for some cars - but downshift protections in general are nothing wrong with the game. As I said, report the cars you think have wrong downshift protection and let the devs check.

Horus likes this.
  14. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

It is definitely downshift protection, and good news, there is a way to fix it: learn to downshift properly. Like real-life properly. If you want to drive like an arcade racer, go play an arcade racing game, don't get frustrated at Kunos and AC just because it's not designed for what you want it to be. The best good news is, if AC is pissing you off this much, you have the option to stop playing it.
    Multiple exclamation marks and question marks, and a stream of angry emoji? What are you, 12?

Horus likes this.
  15. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Just a start,...what paddle shifter car did you,... "did it everyday IRL learning to race cleanly",...???

Was it a Zonda R or 599XX by chance,...???

And please clarify,..."has nothing to do with the limiter unless the limiter stops shifting even when it wouldn't compression lock from excess speed"

LATE4APEX

PS: If you or your buddy want to learn or get help here,...don't start off with attitude, it will go much better for YA.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    Horus likes this.
  16. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

For the record. one user telling another users "this is NOT an arcade game" does NOT make them a troll. What it does make them, is someone who actually knows what they are talking about.
    We all know that you can't treat AC cars like an arcade game, it simply doesnt work, you have to treat AC cars like they are real cars. When you do, everything works perfectly fine...

Also.. Fed up of your attitude towards other users lately, ive seen in like 5 different threads where you speak to people like they are scum and you just berate them.. So.. i reported you.. Learn to use this forum properly (by speaking to people properly) or leave it, they are simple choices..

jonnyboy_99, Dookie, pippo10 and 8 others like this.
  17. Orne

Orne Alien

:rolleyes::eek::p

Horus and Dying_Snail like this.
  18. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I guess the last real car you took to a track was a Hyundai and it was parked in the spectators lot, not the pits. Like a real car, what kind of real car? Performance or what you are probably used to driving? Would like to see the kinds of performance cars you drive to give you such extensive real world knowledge, oh and the last paddle shift car I took round a track was an E46 M3, great car, scary on throttle, not off like AC makes most cars out to be...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

:D Quality individual here.

Downshift protection is built into cars to avoid damaging the engine or gearbox by shifting down above the rev limiter. The shift protection simply wont allow the car to downshift until the lower gear will be below the next gears rpm limit.

If this is making you do this its a driver issue.

Upgrade or replace the driver and you should be fine. :D

20. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

You guys don't seem to get it, coming into a corner, under 2k rpm, it sometimes decides you're not allowed to shift down fast. Seems like a sloppy button recognition to me.

iwanchek likes this.
  21. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

What dudes omgf!!

How can LaFerrari not heaving the "shift down"limiter but fully tuned racing cars like Zonda R and 599XX do have that"feature"?? Where's it that the reality? You protect the engine from overheating in the race car but the"stock" 1.x Million LaFerrari can handle shift downs any time anywhere?? Ha??!! What am I missing here??

Fits that so, why every car in the game doesn't have limiter for engine protection??

I just love dudes with story"drive the car as in real life", yeah rigt did u drive the Zonda R or the 599XY so you're telling out of experience right?? GTFO with that BS bruh!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.