1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

WowWowWow!!! what Stefano did to the AI??????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TDS, Feb 17, 2017.

1. TDS

TDS Alien

Im just speachless, what have you done to AI????

Testing champs on full ktm class and, They are bloody good, make human like mistakes, overtakes, 3 wides, and are mighty fast,just amazing. Best AI to date on a racing game.

Ktm full class just damnnnnnn on official tracks, What a lovely field of cars.
    that was a epic start for this single player champs.

guys, just try it out.
    went slow grip setting and 100% ai strenght.. finished 8th and got zero points but had the BEST race of the year,and that against a computer LOL
    ps: im racing in the ktm ;-)

Replay file download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou82e7pruak1hqg/ktm_xbow_r_magione__170217-172557?dl=0

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Stefano Casillo moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Apr 2, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Would you prefer AC2 or AC1 Rolling updates? Re. Stefano Casillo interview Oct 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Introducing the Ferrari 250 GTO for Assetto Corsa - Live Stream by Stefano Sep 13, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues I want Stefano's music in game menu! :) Jan 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Thank You Luca And Stefano For Sound Update Dec 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Thank You Stefano for Coding VR Nov 11, 2016
    Console Lounge Stefanos Sunday Stream Oct 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Stefano's Live Stream Converts a Cynic Sep 1, 2016
    Console Lounge Stefano - Sunday Chit Chat, Talk, Answer and Play Guitar Aug 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Sunday Chit Chat, Talk, Answer and Play Guitar (Stefano's Live Stream) Aug 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Stefano Live Racing Aug 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Questions for upcoming Stefano live stream session Jun 4, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Stefano!!! wow your a great axe man !!! Apr 25, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Stefano's realtime app Aug 15, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Stefano casillo streaming ep. 7 Jul 26, 2015

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Hmm, there wasn't much about AI in changelog... only thing I could see was "Fixed Gt3 AI crashing at Nordschleife". But people say AI slowing down near pits was fixed, so maybe Stefano ninja'd in some other changes? Need to do more testing, haven't done much other than hotlapping after 1.12

4. LilSki

LilSki Alien

You're welcome ;)

I have heard a few people say the AI are improved. Just because there is nothing in changelog doesn't mean nothing happened. Could be the almighty placebo too. Haven't had a chance to test them myself.

I did notice the AI line camber is displayed now with AI app open. What that means I have no idea.

5. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I have also noticed a definite improvement in the AI behaviour; more willing to stray from the AI spline, hunting for a different line, more eager to overtake, more nerve in wheel-to-wheel close combat... I love it!

As for the changelog, the AI have come in for some serious criticism of late. I wonder if Kunos kept the AI changes out of the log to see if people noticed an improvement when they were not expecting one ;)

Schnipp, mantasisg 2 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. NightEye

NightEye Alien

I've had this good AI for months.. I never understood people complaining about them (to be fair, since 1.09 or something?) I'm not saying nothing changed, I wouldn't have a clue :p

TDS, Fat Rich and ALB123 like this.
  7. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

One weird thing happened to me the other day. I was creeping up on a pack of AI cars and 2 of them just fell asleep at the wheel and went off one after another. Was so strange.

8. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Had a short race yesterday with the GT40 and the 908 at Highlands and they still hesitate to pass when I slow down on a straight for example.
    So...not much changed imo. However I'm optimistic that changes will come soon™.

cobra188d and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  9. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Seemed like some things changes weirdly...got 4 wide at Magione and Mugello with a bunch of street cars...but they still don't pass in some situations on some tracks. Mugello they were somehow awesome. Magione they were the same but....not. They made the exact same mistakes at the same spots but...much less backing off 2 wide on corners. They weren't bumping from behind much either. I'm not sure. Maybe just something with the v10 tires? no idea. but on Mugello...they were fighting hard. Really hard. Still did the random slow-down when trying to pass, yet we were 4 wide coming into turn 1 without a single contact :O

TDS and Fat-Alfie like this.
  10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

dont see much change here still AI train lines, with very little overtaking - makes very dull offline racing imo

11. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I noticed that AI is much more willing to defend position when challenged, taking the best driving line as soon as it can when before it will give more room and facilitating the pass more often.

TDS and Fat-Alfie like this.
  12. Horus

Horus Alien

A few times there have been things added/adjusted with nothing mentioned in the logs. Maybe some are little Easter eggs for those that take the time to notice. The ones I have see most frequently are additions to the track furniture and they are very rarely mentioned. I like the KTMs so will give them a go later, thanks for the heads up TDS.

TDS likes this.
  13. TDS

TDS Alien

when my internet is back on my gaming rig (24h~says the iSsp) im gonna post the replay video.

14. TDS

TDS Alien

yes this is very noticeable.

15. TDS

TDS Alien

same feelings and observations here but I was more than a year without testing it and was shocked with the improvement.

Ischemica and Fat-Alfie like this.
  16. TDS

TDS Alien

maybe the combos and the mixed class of cars has some differences.
    try ktm class (witch is a bunch of dif street cars) they are bloody good.

fbiehne likes this.
  17. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

I noticed that the AI seems to run a little more varied with the same car. Some patches ago, if you started a GT3 race with like 3 each of the Z4, GTR, Merc etc, they tended to run in groups after a while. On two races yesterday the field mixed up more then what I'm used to. More testing needed, I'm just about to set up some mixed class Nür race while cooking

Fat-Alfie and TDS like this.
  18. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

On Spa still doing Eau Rouge and Blanchmont very slow, breaking in the mid of corner, which is the wrong thing to do, because just close you not giving any room to make a overtake.

Linus27 likes this.
  19. LilSki

LilSki Alien

That is more the AI line than anything else. It has some real issues there. I started to fix the line for Spa but got distracted with another project. Maybe I'll finish sorting it out and submit a new line like I did for Nords.

20. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Yesterday I wondered if it might be somehow possible that you can train the AI so that it can adapt your line?
    I once tried to record an AI line but I never was successful, there is something I’m missing I guess.

So it would be cool if you just enter a practice, drive several laps and the AI will adapt to this.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  21. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

SO I just came back to the race, this is the current standing:
    1.jpg
    As you may guess the spread is too little for a class mix like that. At the moment the 919 Hybrid is stuck behind one of the M235s, with the two F40s just flying by on the GP course section. ... and it just got unstuck at the beginning of Döttinger Höhe, and in the space of half a lap, flew by half the field. That death magnet area behind cars is still there, and the bigger the performance difference, the stronger it seems to be. I'm also wondering if it makes any difference if I'm actively watching the car. I had moved the F7 camera like 10km away from the track to keep GPU load down a little (the fan was audibly spinning less)