1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wreckfest

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Jun 20, 2017.

1. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Less than in AC servers if you go to BenDover server. I really can't understand why he is trying to take every bit of fun out of the game. Most servers has no rules and it's total mayhem out there. People are not even trying to race, just crashing and driving wrong way. I wish there was something between that. :rolleyes:

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I’m not sure how moddable Wreckfest is but it looks like a good engine for some UK short oval action.

3. It's mod friendly, even has Steam Workshop integration.

Mogster likes this.
  4. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Hope they get vr sorted for this game, looks like alot of fun to me.

5. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

I had 6 or so races in a server hosted by "EXo" last night. He actively kicked/banned people who "wrecked too much" and the server was populated 24/24 all the time. People at the front raced respectfully and the mid to back of the grid wasn't as savage as you might think. Not sure if EXo is a regular host but his lobby is worth looking out for after my experience yesterday.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  6. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

AI improved a lot imo. They are more "racey" and less all over the place.

The little MP I've tried was pretty chaotic, dunno.. the whole "beef" of this is having robust damage, and being able to wreck people. So idea of "clean racing" is silly. And with semi-clean, where is the line drawn, can a server admin be consistent with his admining. Does he get pissed more when it's his car that is punted on last lap

If people are really doing "whatever it takes" to win, becomes quite luck based and frustrating. Harder hits leaves no chance to save, wheel goes limp and you're just a passenger. Not really as much fun as it sounds. But with AI it's good stress relief, for a change you can drive like a total a-hole, and not ruin anyone's evening by doing that. Only racing game that makes me regularly laugh

7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Its a crash game and its called wreckfest. To expect clean racing contradicts the very idea of the game. Thats like destruction derby without destroyed cars.

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

There’s a difference in racing with contact allowed and just crashing though.

Apparently in the UK banger racing scene there are two main types of driver, wreckers and racers. Racers being drivers that actually intend to race and wreckers that just go out to cause the most carnage. Even in bangers there’s stuff that’ll get you reprimanded or banned iirc, track cutting, driving in the wrong direction, deliberate head ons etc.

9. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Same same. Wreckfest is best enjoyed with friends you know. It's not supposed to be clean, but shouldn't be played like a fp-shooter.
    I like to see it as Folkrace.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    chksix likes this.
  10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well yeah I guess if you always try to gain positions, and not just totally destroy 1 guy (by driving wrong way etc) or starting to block corners after throwing the race, I guess it can be moderated/determined quite easily which is bad kind of wrecking

Mogster likes this.
  11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

There is a simple rule how to get along nicely with me, that is: if you push me, I push back. Elemental physics, you know: the force you inflict, inevitably returns. :D.

12. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Haha !

I didn't know about this game but reminds me good old moments in Destruction Derby on Playstation back in the days. Seems it is its inspiration.

13. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

This is amazing.
    One thing that i found superb are the online contacts. Other's players cars reacts so smootly, like cpu cars on single player mode.
    All is so fluid and smooth.

14. Debatable. I like that they added proper difficulty settings for them, on Hard they're at least decent but in some cases they can go faster than you can in some corners, they miss corners entirely by getting there 20kph too fast (happens a lot) and they're completely oblivious to you... I know it's not meant to be super clean but they flat out dont give a damn that you're there and sometimes it's too much and quite annoying.

Otherwise the devs are going in the right direction. Still far from complete, especially the car upgrades, but it's getting there.

15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I guess they've meant to offshoot some corners, to get some crashes and "visual spectacle" going. What I meant that they offer some challenge, and don't bounce/fishtail around like jackasses as much as before. Possibly not using same physics/grip as player, but not really surprising.

Maybe their aggression could be toned down a bit, sometimes can get annoying indeed. Headphones at least are a must, so can hear them coming. But don't think AI should be rated on same scale as something like AC, they are sort of supposed to crash into you, the Rival system and everything. Of course creating AI like that is far easier than creating clean racers, and sometimes the outcome of AI race can be up to luck. But after all, there is cross-sections without bridge in these tracks..

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thx for all the updates guys. It looks pretty damn good regarding car behaviour/physics accuracy.

As soon as my rig is back running and the price tag is good, I'll buy it.

17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I thought Destruction Derby, Flatout and Wreckfest were all the same developer...?!

18. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Flatout 1-2 and Wreckfest are from Bugbear, Destruction Derby is not.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Flatout Ultimate Carnage too, but it's essentially remastered 2. Probably the best in the series and still great looking even by today's standards.

Jebus likes this.