1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic X-bow is killing me

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by warth0g, Oct 1, 2016.

1. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

i know this isn't really about the career mode, but I quite like the feeling of progression. All was going well until the x-bow which I loathe. I can rarely keep it on the track for more than a lap. I can't feel the car at all (unlike others) and it oversteers like crazy. It doesn't feel realistic at all - not that I've ever driven one irl.

Does anyone have any suggestions for settings or driving tips please? I'm dying to get past it and onto something more fun...

olevet likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars KTM X-bow GT4 steering wheel ofset? Dec 13, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] KTM X-Bow R - Sprint Series | Fridays Jul 2, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds X-bow R checksum mismatch since 1.16.4 Aug 18, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Help me suck less! Tier 3 Career, Pro settings, X-Bow R: Ugh! Jul 5, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues KTM X-Bow disk blur Mar 7, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa 1stPersonView Multiplayer KTM X-Bow at Vallelunga [Helmet Cam] Race Human 100% Sep 9, 2016
    Screens & Videos Nordschleife Tourist, Hotlap, KTM X-Bow R - 6:58.365 Aug 10, 2016
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa Action cam KTM X-Bow at ZandVoort Race side by side & Sideways AI 93% Aug 7, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa VS real life - KTM X-Bow tuned Mar 1, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ktm x-bow rotor glow Aug 23, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to load ktm x-bow May 23, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ktm x-bow r rearlights May 13, 2015
    Chit Chat Room How on earth do you drive the ktm x-bow? Nov 1, 2014
    Liveries Ktm x-bow by super mario Oct 31, 2014
    Liveries Ktm x-bow by payday Oct 30, 2014

3. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I have no idea either. It feels Ok going into a turn, I feather the throttle and I spin. Tried some tire pressure tweeks and went slower, easing into the throttle. Bam! I spun. Was like hitting black ice.

4. xtro

xtro Gamer

It might be because you don't turn hard enough. Have a few tries planting this car on the tires force the front wheel to slide. Get a bunch of understeer then accelerate slowly. I you don't turn hard enough and use enough of the tires grip this is exactly when you will feel like driving on ice. I discovered this only a few days ago... Understeering = bad

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

5. Clint_MPS

Clint_MPS Rookie

Watch Race of Champions. Even pro drivers struggle. Any steering input under brakes locks it up. All braking in a straight line.

6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I am on the PC version but I remember that lowering the ride height made the car way more stable. Not sure if it still works.

7. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I love it, it's one of the best cars in the game. Just don't overdrive it. Firm hand, brake straight and push her gently.

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

olevet, pippo10, Skemekos123 and 2 others like this.
  8. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

I had someone recently on one of my youtube videos back from 2013 reply on my steam profile where i have it linked, was a new player to AC this is on PC though asking what I did to the car ill leave my reply below but he said it helped him a lot with the car. The KTM I think is a really fun car if you can keep hold of it.

My reply
    @CzaO This is a very old video 2013 a lot has changed physics wise with the car and also tyre models, aids I dont think had any and these days i just use PRO setting which puts TC and ABS to factory.
    As for setup think I only adjusted ride height as low as possible keeping the rear slightly higher than the front and maybe stiffened up the suspension slightly.

olevet likes this.
  9. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

I love this car especially with th8a shifter, just brake on the straights, and dont go mad with accelerator, when coming out of corner and for instance in second change to third to stop it spinning. Practice, cause it drove me mad to start with but now brilliant

olevet, Skemekos123 and Bibbles like this.
  10. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

I found by not over driving and using a higher gear when coming out the corners helps a lot.

11. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Yes, when driving a tail happy car, short shifting when coming out of corner is a good solution.

olevet, vegaguy 5555 and Bibbles like this.
  12. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

It was difficult for me too at first but after a lot of practice, I tamed it and became it's master lol
    I'm no longer scared of driving it.
    Having said that, I haven't driven it in a while, so I've probably forgot how lol
    I wish I could remember some tips on how to drive it, but just keep practising and trying different things out.

olevet likes this.
  13. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Aris (the lead physics dev of Assetto Corsa) driving a real X-Bow (although slightly different version). It's tricky in real life too.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  14. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Brilliant car, as others have suggested, drop the ride height. I went down 8 or 9 mm from the default set up and was still not bottoming out. Also, patience is key, give it a good couple of laps to get settled in and up to temps before pushing it otherwise you'll get into a spin / tyre overheating / frustration cycle with it.

Finally, if you have a good wheel and shifter set up, use the clutch to give you good engine braking as you're coming down the gears, just make sure it's in a straight line :)

Such a rewarding car to drive once mastered, and you can use that tail happy tendency to your advantage with a quick blip to get pointing to the apex again if you go in a bit hot, just be prepared to catch it again when it starts to pendulum back the other way

I've gone from hating it to loving it

olevet, warth0g, RoccoTTS and 2 others like this.
  15. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I followed the advice to only break in a straight line and to short shift and, what do you know, started to get to grips with the car. It has taught me a huge amount about driving - how to be sensitive with the throttle, how to brake and so on. I now agree with all of you that say that the xbow is a favorite, it's become one of mine too! Bizarrely, as I've got used to it, it seems almost stable whereas before it was like ice skating. Absolutely fantastic, thanks so much for encouraging me to stick with it.

olevet, Traks1, Old Geezer and 8 others like this.
  16. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

X-bow is 1 of my fav car in top 3 list....I like its happy-tail characteristic, wonder if it is also happy-tail IRL?

17. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I love this car too, it's a bit trickier now after the control settings update but I can still tame it. The secret is to drive smooth, eventually you'll understand the car more and learn which corners you can throw it into and save it when the back end starts going. Great car, thanks kunos.

olevet and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  18. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Yes agree, it definitely teaches you the importance of driving smoothly! I am definitely enjoying it now but it took me a long while to get there, and only then with the assistance of the people on this forum. I wonder if putting the Xbow as an N3 car in the career mode was a sensible move? I'm sure that it will put a lot of people off, as there are many (the vast majority?) who won't persevere...

pippo10 likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

My favorite car in AC by far...
    Tread it like a beautiful woman. Be gentle and smooth with your inputs and don't force it to anything. Just let it flow and it will follow.

20. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Watch the video linked couple posts above yours.

On most tracks I don't use 2nd gear because IMO you will lose more time on controlling the throttle than accelerating, it has to be a really slow corner for me to downshift to 2nd. Also lowering rear helps to make it more stable, by default it's much higher than the front. It will also affect toe and camber settings so you should pay attention to those and adjust them accordingly.

olevet and Fat-Alfie like this.
  21. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

On the subject of small tail happy track day cars, anyone know if aerial atoms will ever be a thing on ac?

TitzonToast and paul_wev like this.