1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Xbox 1 migrant, seriously disappointed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jeff James, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Jeff James

Jeff James Rookie

Not sure where to post this and not one for whining, or even posting, usually, but....

A friend and I have really got into AC on Xbox1 recently, it's a great console sim, and we really enjoy it. We then tried rFactor2, which although complicated to set up, has a lot of flexibility and a slightly higher level of realism (although dynamically, not that much better than console AC).
    So, given this experience, we both tried a demo AC on PC, and decided it was good enough to invest in a legal copy, and paid £23 to install via Steam.
    You can imagine our disappointment then, when we realised that as standard download, the game comes with next to nowt of any use. The car selection is very limited and some of the tracks you'd expect to be there are also DLC.
    I feel ripped off I'm sure console AC comes with more choice as standard. Because I went through steam, I can't get my money back, but at the minute I feel aggrieved enough to want to do that. Am I unreasonable?

So, I guess the question is, can I associate my xbox1 content with my PC content? And where should I post this to get the best answer?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Loosing save progress mid race and after race. (Xbox series x) Mar 19, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Frame drop or freeze on Xbox series X Mar 17, 2024
    XBox One Discussions Saved game crash Xbox series s Feb 22, 2024
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX ONE ONLINE PLAYERS Dec 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX SERIES S VERSION 1.7.2 NOT UPDATED? Dec 6, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Did the developer stop updating events on xbox series x? Nov 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does xbox one version become x/s optimised version? Nov 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cheating, does it happen, is it possible on Xbox Sep 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox steering wheel support Aug 9, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problème volant détecte sur Xbox séries s mais en jeu je ne peux pas jouer au volant Jun 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX Series X - driver swaps May 24, 2023
    Steering wheels discussions Xbox serie xG923 problems with ACC May 9, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX Hosted Server Apr 14, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox controller rumble randomly stops working correctly Mar 16, 2023

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Steam has 2 hours refund window. If you played under this time you can get your money back.

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

You have 1.1 hours on record so grab a refund. Problem solved.

5. Petro1head

Petro1head Gamer

6. Jeff James

Jeff James Rookie

Thanks Andrews, refund requested. The good news is that AC on console is as good dynamically, so I'l stick with that.

Andy-R likes this.
  7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

No, thank you. :)

Cefa, nate, mms and 2 others like this.
  8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Why two threads tho?

You should have read what's in the DLC packs on Steam before buying the game. Even more ridiculous that you downloaded the pirate version and didn't look into what's there... Ah right being pirate version it probably had all DLCs so you didn't know.

If you have less than 2h on the clock just get the refund like the guys above mentioned. If you have more, tough luck. You will know to read before buying something next time (hopefully). You can still get into mods and there are plenty of them.

Also if you had done it a week earlier you would save some money, all AC DLCs were ~50-70% off if I'm not mistaken.

Consoles version was released much later than the PC version and KS gave you consoleros a nice gift by bundling some of the already released DLCs for PC into the base game. Plus it wouldn't look good if there were ~5 DLCs at launch.

jim jones, Solmyr and Horus like this.
  9. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Posted also in your friend's topic:

I'm sorry, but the Steam page has plenty of information about content and DLC packs. Being ripped off implies you got less than advertised, which is not true. If you're nevertheless disappointed about the content, I'm sorry about that.
    In the last two months there were discounts with over 60% on the base game and all content, maybe watch out for that next time if you think the standard price is too high for your budget.

Please know that the Steam and console versions were released in different time frames and pricing policy, they don't constitute the same product in that sense.

Cote Dazur, Solmyr, Orne and 2 others like this.
  10. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-tfbn-1352

Edit: BTW kinguin and such can sell keys for cheap because what the sellers do on those sites (kinguin doesn't sell them directly themselves, they just provide the platform for the sellers) is buy a bunch of keys when they're on sale, then sell them for more than the sale price, but less than normal price.

Occasionally they're also purchased using stolen credit cards or other less than legit methods. If that happens, the keys can get redacted and you'll be SOL.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  11. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Failure to understand what you're buying and being ripped off are two entirely, distinctly, profoundly different things.

Chazz Ranger, Solmyr, Schnipp and 8 others like this.
  12. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

There is plenty and plenty of mods for the PC version of Assetto Corsa, really so much free stuff it will take you ages to try it all.

sissydriver likes this.
  13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Remember to tell the console crew that it is not as perfect for us PC users as they all think

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Solmyr, cerebralvortex and LeDude83 like this.
  14. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I think the price of console games genercally is the ripoff. AC is an absolute bargain in my opinion. Despite its age when compared to the competition I think its underpriced if anything.

Cefa, Chazz Ranger, Solmyr and 4 others like this.
  15. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

The simple explanation is that the console versions included all the previous Dream Pack DLCs as base content, so when you bought it on console you had all that stuff included. But on PC those did not come with the standard package because they were added well after the release of the game, so you can't really expect those to be included in the base package. But the base game on PC is quite a bit cheaper than the base game on consoles so you didn't get ripped off and the game and its DLC are on sale on Steam all the time for very cheap. Besides that, there's literally hundreds of mod cars and tracks available for free to fill your garage with.

MrDoku, LeDude83 and Orne like this.
  16. Anyway, console to PC is an obvious win, so I don't know what all the fuss is about :rolleyes:

Solmyr likes this.
  17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'm curious to know what the console version has that the PC version doesn't? Only thing I can think of are the Dream Packs maybe, which probably everyone interested in them on PC already has and which are regularly on sale (and on top of that the base game is cheaper).

I'm a PC user but for the longest time (when I was still keeping track) I was complaining about the console version not offering all the content (until recently as they added the missing cars) and functionality yet, as in my opinion there should be a content/feature parity where possible - so I'm not quite sure what else the console version has over the PC version.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  19. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Yeah, all the DLC that was released before they started the console port. (which is dreampacks and afaik also Japan Pack)

20. André57

André57 Racer

Game pads :)

21. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Not sure what you mean, AC has gamepad support on PC. Only the UI is mostly mouse/keyboard-driven, but also offers more functionality in return.