1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Chosen Wheel?

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by XB1MSTV, Mar 26, 2018.

1. XB1MSTV

XB1MSTV Rookie

I've always been a Thrustmaster fan (I had a T150 with stock pedals previously), but I'm considering the Logitech G920 + Shifter option.

So basically I just wanted to know what other console racers are using?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Alfa romeo 4c chosen black rims are not adopted! Nov 14, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC doesn't start after wheel installation Sunday at 11:08 AM
    Steering wheels discussions Help !! How can I use again my TH8A shifter on AC???? (Now with a FANATEC CSL ELITE PS4 Wheel) Apr 10, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Steering wheels settings crashing Mar 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Is the G29 an ok wheel to make a start in sim-racing (multi-platform)? Mar 12, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Uncontrollable car with G29 wheel Mar 6, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions which wheel should i get Mar 6, 2018
    Console Lounge 4 wheels I love but 2 wheel is also fun TT Ilse Of Man Mar 4, 2018
    Chit Chat Room This is obviously the BEST steering wheel in the world (joke) Mar 2, 2018
    Console Lounge Wheel maintenance (T500rs) Feb 26, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Gear # not correct with wheel SLI Feb 25, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues When i connect my wheel game is extreme laggy but FPS is above 100 Feb 25, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Strange FFB when turning at speed in wheel and motion platform Feb 24, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base Belt Tensioners Mod Feb 18, 2018
    Bug reports Old cars wheel rotation Feb 13, 2018

3. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

I had a Thrustmaster TX. After 2 years it broke. It was a nice wheel but quality was bad. Now i have a Fanatec CSL Elite which is a big step up but very expensive.
  4. fitzy5

fitzy5 Rookie

I have the G920 and shifter and I find it works great with Assetto, once you break in the brake pedal which has the rubber block in it I find the progressive pressure needed works great.
  5. I just got my playseat as well as the G920 with the shifter. Since I started it has been great. The shifter though does tend to feel a bit wonky. Shift gate feeling isn't very solid. But the pedal construction is great. And yes. Once you break in the brake pedal it feels amazing. Loving every minute of Assetto Corsa with this setup.
  6. Rich 1701

Rich 1701 Gamer

Hi, all I can say about the G920 is that it's been a fairly good wheel to use but I'm on my second one as I took my first back to the shop around xmas time after having it for a year and a half the throttle pedal started sticking I tried cleaning it inside and it stopped for a bit but started again resulting in taking it back, now I'm on my second wheel and it has started sticking again but only after four months this time also the clutch pedal won't go down all the way so in game on Pcars 2 it says it's around 97% down even fully pressed and on AC the car creeps forward when fully pressed, it's done this since I got it but that didn't bother me too much but the throttle pedal sticking is a real pain and looses lap time. I'm taking it back soon since you get a 2 year warranty with it from PC world so that's something I guess but I'm thinking of getting a different wheel anyway because no doubt it will happen again with the 3rd wheel:( it's worth noting that all wheels seem to have problems it's just luck of the draw really. Something for you to consider anyway bud:)
    IroncladAbyss99 likes this.
  7. I suppose it also comes down to driving style? But thanks. I'll keep this in mind. It'd great to know. Could well be something to take up with Logitech if it happens more frequently across the board in the future. Wheels and the like are really pricey and hard to come by in my country. A great thrustmaster or fanatec would be ideal.;)
    Rich 1701 likes this.
  8. Rich 1701

Rich 1701 Gamer

I do some league racing now(for the last few months) so the wheel gets used A LOT! for practice so could be why it hasn't lasted long this time round but either way shouldn't happen cause like you say they are not cheap. :)