1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your favorite cars from the new pack?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, May 18, 2016.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Finally I can sim-drive an RX7, my favourite Japanese car in terms of concept, performance and styling. I loved it in Forza, GT and NFS and now Kunos delivered a proper sim version and I really love it!!!

BUT (!!!) the big surprise for me is the GT-R 34. I liked that one in the abovementioned games, already but this is something else!

Intro: While CEO-reading the changelog I picked up "four-wheel steering"

Version 1: I picked the GT-R 34 on a MP trackday Nordschleife server and felt immediately that this must be one of the four-wheel steering cars. It feels awesome...the torque being split between front and rear that made the car so famous plus the steering that will push the rear around when needed but straighten up when it gets fishy...I drove only 3 laps and need to drive many more to fully exploit the potential but WTF I could feel these advanced systems help me clearly.
    Holy **** this car is showing ACs simvalue like no other car IMO. Four-wheel steering in a sim...that's a debut, no? @Lord Kunos, @Aristotelis, @AC Support have your marketing guys scream this feature all over the ADs!!!

Version 2: All of Version 1 was pure placebo.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  2. magzire

magzire Alien

Stock MX5 surprisingly. I thought it be the Skyline but that turned out to be my least favorite, still a beast to drive though.

VenomSRT likes this.
  3. juandb78

juandb78 Racer

maybe the tires v7. I find it much better

4. I'm torn between these two for my fave:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Kyo

Kyo Racer

Im on vacation in Hawaii atm and I almost wish i was back at home to enjoy the update. :D

6. tabis

tabis Simracer

7. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

1 thing I found (downside):
    Supra often has more horses off the lot. Though in Japan in that time limited on paper cars with horses up to 276 hp, the Supra often ended up having up to 340 horses stock (not every single time)

Only tried the RX7, Supra and Skyline so far, will report back when I drive the others.

RX7: This car has to be the best overall feeling I've EVER had in any JDM sports car. The dynamic boost seems worthy and realistic, good job! Sound is amazing for it, the suspension is to die for. EVERYTHING feels like a rotary sports beauty. I can't get over this car. Love every millimeter of it in every category.

Supra: Power seems slightly low based on above mentioned thing. Other than that suspension feels exactly how I'd expect, steering is lighter than the others and maybe a little less communicative (which would be realistic anyway, and is a good thing) Sound is quite good though I wouldn't say the best of this pack.

Skyline: Easily the BEST sound I've EVER EVER EVER heard in a game that includes a Skyline. You guys NAILED it 100%. 4WD code feels very believable, and I think the new code also hit the nail on the head. Will have to do extensive testing on that.

I can't pick a favorite. These 3 cars are what I've wanted all along; and their done so well that none can really overtake another. If I HAD to pick, probably the RX7 right now.

8. Xez

Xez Simracer

Bravo Kunos! Every one of the new cars that I've tried so far has put a smile on my face. :)

Thanks (as usual) for the great work.

9. ozm8ey

ozm8ey Gamer

I like the Nissan skyline

10. D1visor

D1visor Alien

I like them all except the broken drift versions. But the RX7 is something else.

Diablo_rf and Collin like this.
  11. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I dont know, its too early. Its the first time that a dream pack puts so doubt on me about what car is the best or can be in my list of favorites because all cars are adorable.

12. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

What's broken?

13. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Try them, you will see.

Collin likes this.
  14. yusupov

yusupov Alien

was impressed w/ the skyline as well, & also agree its ****ty aris wasnt allowed to play around with THE tuner car... re it being (publicly) modded by others though...thats not allowed, is it?

15. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I haven't driven them a lot yet, but the RX7 Spirit was certainly a fun, sideways experience.

16. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Had a blast in the MX5 cup last night.
    Just when you feel comfortable with it, it bites you and throws you off the track.
    Was probably one of the most enjoyable races I have had in a long time.
    Great work kunos, huge :thumbsup:

17. Kakkela

Kakkela Rookie

Both RX-7 versions are a blast to drive!
    But I was under the impression that RX-7 didn't have four wheel steering system after FC? There is literally only two "sources" on the internet even suggesting that FD had one, one being Wikipedia article about such systems without source for this specific car and the other being some random website talking about 10 best cars fitted with such system.
    I talked about this on Reddit yesterday and there were guy telling me that it was JDM option and is in Spirit R because it had all the possible options, still no site (in Japanese or English) talks about it.¨

Could someone from Kunos open this up little bit?

menos | M6 likes this.
  18. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

I def gotta drive them more but pack is dope!My favs are tunded RX7 (souch a pointy car) and Supra.Beasts and IMO that was kind of power /Performace we needed most.
    Shame Skyline dont come in some Time Attack version between those 2:( also dont like steering in Skyline its not direct even when I setup it.But sound OMG!
    best sound in pack love it.Gotta try other cars more...

19. Cezar™

Cezar™ Racer

I love all the cars but my favourite are the Skyline R34 and Supra (all versions)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  20. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Supra,

It's not an active rear steering. Simply put, there are bushings in the suspension that depending on the load, bend in one way or another, slightly steering the wheels about 0.3° against the front steering wheel angle if the g's are less than 0.5g, or at the same front steering wheel angle if the g forcers are superior to 0.5g
    There is no way to simulate this with bump steer, you need the have both rear wheels steering to the same direction and the opposite depending on the load. We can now simulate this.

EDIT: since the effect is cool but not so precise (and passive) it is usually eliminated from tuned cars with harder bushings. As a matter of fact our tuned RX7 car doesn't have it. We did some homework ;)

On the contrary, R34 system is active. It turns the rear wheels differently depending on the front steer, g forces, yaw angles etc.

No placebo. :D

Officially and in the tech specs the Supra has 276-280hp as you said. That doesn't mean that the actual power figures in the physics engine are the same... ;)
    About 320 for the Supra and 330 for the Skyline ;)