1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your opinion on AI levels

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by antonpaco, May 29, 2017.

1. antonpaco

antonpaco Rookie

I noticed a very big difference between mode " EASY" and " MEDIUM". During career or special events race if you set AI on EASY you will win the race even if you sleep, if you set on MEDIUM is a battle. The time difference between the two difficulty is almost 12-18 seconds, it depends on the tracks, I think is too much.
    I wrote a mail to Kuons saying that is not acceptable and they suppose to fix it, they said " Yes we know, we will try to do something to fix the problem." What does it happen if I set AI on " ALIEN" ? Do the opponents pull out the wings? We pay the games a lot of money, so far Assetto Corsa cost me 50 Euros ( game) plus 30 Euros
    the subscription for all the other events, I think I have the right to play in a satisfactory manner. Sorry for the complain but is very frustrating make a race 10 times to win.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PlayStation 5 VR2 (PSVR2) Virtual Reality - Small talk, tech, pros & cons, your opinion, wishes? Nov 17, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions My honest opinion on ACC after switching from XsX to PC Jul 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Opinions on 1.6.5 Jan 27, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues An opinion!!! Apr 18, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Opinion on a multiclass endurance championship Mar 31, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards How automatic rating practice info should work and how to improve ratings in my opinion. Nov 19, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer How to upgrade the CP servers in my opinion Sep 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions opinions about veeery long practice and qualy sessions Jun 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions ACC Opinion. May 30, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Opinion: Rating system is too punishing while learning a new track Apr 20, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Opinions about the "Next Level Racing Wheel Stand" Dec 17, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Unpopular Opinion, FFB and handling Oct 11, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Opinions about new monitor Feb 1, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Best collision avoiding method in your opinion Apr 7, 2017

3. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I drive in hard ant I thing it deepens on the car/track combo I can have an amazing battle for the top 3 very hard and alien I can't come close to them. What's needed to be in from on those two difficulties? Hmmm, perfect car setup maybe and and alien of an driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Hello,

i can understand your point of view but - there is so much content in this game, nope - this simulation, so much really good events, so much possibilities to have a lot of fun with ac - i struggle with the same problem but i dont complain. I enjoy and enjoy....:p
    And for 80 bucks you get really "enough".:)
    Telling the devs that you have paid the money and they "have to" do the things right is a little bit to harsh.:confused:
    Just my 2 cent.:)

pippo10 likes this.
  5. Stotty

Stotty Gamer

I find AI performance varies massively by track.

On Silverstone GP or Spa, for example, I have no problems beating the AI on Alien. But it's much more difficult to beat them at this level on tracks such as Imola or Vallelunga.

The AI tend to be more competitive on more technical tracks (with a mix of medium and slow speed corners), where they are very effective at getting the power down on the exits. They struggle on faster, more 'feel' based corners - they are horribly slow through Eau Rouge, for example, and Copse, and the Maggots/Beckets section.

For me to beat them on Alien at a technical track, I have to concentrate on losing as little ground as possible in the slower sections, identify where they are slower than me, and make sure I'm close entering this part of the track to get the overtake.

All this assumes they don't punt me off in the 1st corner.

Ravellron and HavanaB0B like this.
  6. For me, the biggest problem with special events is that you start always from the last position or almost. So even turning with the same times is impossible to get first in the few laps of the race. At least with regard to fast race events. They should include at least a few qualifying rounds for starting on your real pitch. Example with Mito at Mugello my times are the same as the first but I can not overtake 11 cars in just 3 laps.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  7. Stotty

Stotty Gamer

The Mito event is beatable on Alien, but you need to start from the pit lane... took me a lot of tries, but eventually managed to get in to 3rd place before the 1st corner, and from there you can pick the front 2 cars off.

8. IllestD

IllestD Gamer

What I have noticed was the only difference between AI difficulties is the speed at which they take corners only / mostly, on the straight away's you'll see they don't back off the power at all from my opinion no matter if you on "Very Easy" through to "Medium", after that I haven't played much yet the higher levels so not sure if the same applies there too.

Which would also explain the Track AI differences as they have more corners on some tracks and less on others, longer straights on some and you get the idea...

9. Jnasty

Jnasty Rookie

I don't know all the details but they're supposed to have made huge AI improvements on the latest PC version. Hopefully that comes to PS4 relatively soon.

10. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

im doing Career on Alien difficult from the start only, I noticed that not only some tracks have different IA performance but cars also, like in Ferrari championship 5xx IA is really slow.
    Hope ready to race patch will influence career and special events too.