1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your rig/setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ethan Dean, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Fahim

Fahim Racer

This was not built for ac. Actually had this for over 7 years. It was a non motion rig bought from Nixim. I then learnt from x-sim.de how to make a motion rig and decided to modify it with the help from Dave at nixim over at Doncaster.

The dash I built using a Impreza dash. Bought a ferrari dial and jazzed it all up. Circuits for dash from symprojects. 1sim.JPG 2sim.JPG 3sim.JPG 4sim.JPG 5sim.JPG 6sim.JPG 7sim.JPG 8sim.JPG 9sim.JPG 10sim.JPG

2. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

mmmmm Ferrari red.

PS Simtools BLOWS Xsim software outta the water...might be worth looking into.

GTHQ_koop likes this.
  3. Hachiroku_88PL

Hachiroku_88PL Hardcore Simmer

Update time! :)

1. Disassembled the previous wheel mount. My aim was to create more leg-space.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 3mm thick steel shelfs + some felt to protect profiles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Main mount:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Subwoofer - part of the rig at last.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Add-ons:

- mouse pad & shelf 20x25 cm
    - 2x USB Logilink hub, screwed to the profile
    - 2x USB Fanatec adapter (shifter + handbrake)
    - 1x TV & sound pilots shelf
    - 1x sound steering shelf

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Last but not least, cable management. Gotta put some effort, but looks so much better now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

The BMW DTM M4 steering wheel is one of the best looking rims out there. It has the formula rim shape, but it's lower and wider.

The original

[​IMG]

The 'replica'

[​IMG]

Comparison with the Fanatec Formula Rim

[​IMG]

My BMW rim collection

[​IMG]

The BMW DTM Steering wheel mounted on my rig

[​IMG]

I designed and build the rim myself from scratch and used a couple of the Fanatec handgrips. The wheel has magnetic shifters and is wider and lighter than the Fanatec Formula rim.

It's perfect for DTM CARS and GT3 cars with formula style rims. The lower weight makes the wheel very responsive, the wider diameter allows me to drive at much higher FFB levels than with the Fanatec Formula rim.

This week i also finished the new button box for my AccuForce leather wheel. Great wheel for rally and drift

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  5. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

lovely cable management

6. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

great setup, how is the gs4? very hard to find one ATM...

7. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

The GS-4 is awesome. It really shines in those long corners. Since i have a seatmover (NLMv3) i only use the G-force cornering effect and i have disabled all other effects.

They are very hard to find indeed. I'm not selling mine either.

8. Hachiroku_88PL

Yeah, I really hope they will develop a v2 version of it sooner or later. GS-4 + NLM sounds like a great combo.

9. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

the best combo imo..

10. Hey all, here is my new humble setup - just more or less finished it- had to re-arrange my entire livingroom (which is also my mancave :p) to make this work lol.
    Currently stuck with my 10 years old or so Momo wheel, but will get a T300 599xx edition wheel sometime very soon :D

This is my dedicated sim area, bought a second hand HP workstation, upgraded the GPU in it and it works like a treat :)

Screen is a 55" Philips - looks rather tiny on the pics, but it's big enough when I sit infornt of it lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VinceSchulz, Wilfred, Octane and 4 others like this.
  11. VinceSchulz

VinceSchulz Simracer

Every time i leave the rig shortly for a break...
    [​IMG]

12. Cats always find the best seat in the house ;)

VinceSchulz likes this.
  13. Hachiroku_88PL

The Real Black Cat County :D

14. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

This is my humble setup, mainly a Gamepod and G27. Sadly, my PC has just died and any money I have spare is going on my Honda Integra Type R and track days so unfortunately, its no more AC for me this year :(

[​IMG]

15. dario94

dario94 Racer

Hi guys, it's a lot of not updating, here's my simulator, with 2dof, 350W motors driven by Sabertooth 2x32, real beasts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a video of the simulator running [​IMG]

Bye [​IMG]

16. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

OK, here's my living room setup (sporting my daughter's racing rig in the background):

00_seat.jpg
    • PC: Fractal Node 101 (that black box behind the pedals) w/ i5-7500 and GTX 1060 OC
    • TV: 50" UHV Panasonic
    • Seat: Playseat Challenge with modified pedal holder; originally adjustable in length, I had to fix it with two screws, because the original clamp screws were too weak for a load cell brake.
    • Keyboard (lying on the seat facing down): ESYNIC Wireless. Backlit, about the size of a controller, very recommendable for this type of use. Wouldn't write longer texts on it tho.
    • Cable management: The pedals have their own USB adapter. There's only one Power line and USB cable leading to the seat, where I installed a USB hub plus a USB sound card.
    • Wheel:
      01_rim.jpg
      Thrustmaster TX with the 28GT leather rim. This display is an arduino driven by simhub.
    • Headphone:
      02_headphone.jpg
      Logitech G231 Prodigy with a DIY EDTracker strapped on top.
    • Pedals:
      03_pedals.jpg
      Thrustmaster T3PA with load cell conversion and 3d printed tilton style pedals

17. detoit

detoit Racer

Still working on my rig, but some details as I finish them..
    DSD_LeftClosed_v01.jpg DSD_RightOpen_v01.jpg
    Derek Speare's Button boxes with my labels and flip buttons replaced.
    porsche_v001.jpg
    Fanatec Whee with static shifter and carbon fiber paddles, button labels from RedheringDesigns

wheel_amg_v01.jpg
    bmw_v01.jpg
    paddle_v01.jpg
    paddle_v002.jpg
    wheels_v01.jpg
    Fanatec wheels with custom buttons, logos etc and ascher racing shifters..

Still working on the rig as the seat mover has failed me again and I'm gonna have to come up with a new solution.

IMG_7995.JPG
    IMG_7993.JPG

Triple monitors went away for Vive! will never go back to another sim that doesn't support VR..

NathanW

Attached Files:

18. My rig in standby mode :)
    [​IMG]
    the (ugly) protection is for my 8 month old baby ;)

19. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

IMG_4043.JPG Going strong since 2011, was my PS3/4 rig until January when I made the wonderful leap to PC and oculus rift gaming..
    Hope to upgrade to aluminium extrusion and OSW setup in the future and then after that some sort of motion rig, gotta keep saving the penny's!!

20. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Right my old sim rig has fallen apart so looking to get something that can also take the inevitable DD upgrade. I better get involved ITT.